Winter In NZ!!

Old Jul 25th 2003, 11:53 am
Forum Regular

Flyboy is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Winter In NZ!!

Yep, it's been another great day in Auckland and for those of you looking at coming here in winter and are worried about the weather check out the piccies!!!

This was Kerekere beach this morning and I know that the weather is not always this good, but days like this make up for all the bad ones!!
Attached Thumbnails Winter In NZ!!-kerekere-beach.jpg  
Old Jul 25th 2003, 11:54 am
Forum Regular

Default Re: Winter In NZ!!

....... and after a few hours hard tramping this is Pararaha valley - well worth the effort!!
Attached Thumbnails Winter In NZ!!-pararaha-valley.jpg  
Old Jul 25th 2003, 11:56 am
Forum Regular

Pastor Flaps is a glorious beacon of lightPastor Flaps is a glorious beacon of lightPastor Flaps is a glorious beacon of lightPastor Flaps is a glorious beacon of lightPastor Flaps is a glorious beacon of lightPastor Flaps is a glorious beacon of lightPastor Flaps is a glorious beacon of lightPastor Flaps is a glorious beacon of lightPastor Flaps is a glorious beacon of lightPastor Flaps is a glorious beacon of lightPastor Flaps is a glorious beacon of light

Great pics Flyboy.
Now you have got me all excited again. We fly out two weeks tomorrow and cant wait.
Do you have anymore you can post.
What is the temperatures out there at the moment?

Paul
Old Jul 25th 2003, 11:57 am
A Male Member

PeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud of

Looks incredible.

The wife and I both want to get there for a Hol once weve settled in oz.
Old Jul 25th 2003, 12:00 pm
Forum Regular

Originally posted by Pastor Flaps
Great pics Flyboy.
Now you have got me all excited again. We fly out two weeks tomorrow and cant wait.
Do you have anymore you can post.
What is the temperatures out there at the moment?

Paul
Daily temp is around 15 degrees at the moment - although feels a lot hotter in the sun! Temps will vary depending on where you are in NZ - it's not that warm down south this time of year!!! Have lots of piccies, but have to download them from my camera but here is one of the Tasman Sea for you!!!!!!
Attached Thumbnails Winter In NZ!!-zion-hill.jpg  
Old Jul 25th 2003, 5:17 pm
BE Forum Addict

tinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud of

It looks absolutely stunning. I can't wait to come over for our hols. How long is the flight from Brisbane?

Tina
Old Jul 25th 2003, 5:31 pm
Proudly Deplorable

Amazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond repute

New Zealand is the coldest place I've ever been to, I was on the South Island in June & it was freezing !. The scenery was stunning though. Stewart Island was amazing, but so cold (-11c), I was stuck there for a few days as the runway was frozen & the plane could'nt take off (great bar in the hotel to wait in though).
Invercargill was cold & damp, probably the most depressing place I've been to. Great Country.
Old Jul 25th 2003, 6:37 pm
Don
Banned

Don is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by Amazulu
New Zealand is the coldest place I've ever been to, I was on the South Island in June & it was freezing !. The scenery was stunning though. Stewart Island was amazing, but so cold (-11c), I was stuck there for a few days as the runway was frozen & the plane could'nt take off (great bar in the hotel to wait in though).
Invercargill was cold & damp, probably the most depressing place I've been to. Great Country.
Well let's hope it stays quite cold in September (I fancy a few days skiing in South Island when I arrive!)

Me, cold memory: how about -35 degrees C skiing on the Stubai Glacier (Austria) early morning in January at 3000 metres (I think) last year - that was particularly...shrinking, shall I say?!...made getting a thousand metres down the mountain quite a good idea.
Old Jul 26th 2003, 6:11 pm
BE Enthusiast

TIZUS is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks for the pictures we arrive in Nelson a week to day!!

Tori
Old Jul 27th 2003, 3:17 pm
BE Enthusiast

Roger is a jewel in the roughRoger is a jewel in the roughRoger is a jewel in the roughRoger is a jewel in the rough

Flyboy,
One thing that worries me about walking in NZ is the opportunity to do so with the dog. I know that National Parks are restricted but it seems strange to go walking without the mutt. Can you do the walks like shown in the pics with a dog.

Strangely this is one of my big worries about the move to NZ. They don't seem so keen on dogs us us Brits.

Roger
Old Jul 27th 2003, 7:41 pm
Forum Regular

Originally posted by Roger
Flyboy,
One thing that worries me about walking in NZ is the opportunity to do so with the dog. I know that National Parks are restricted but it seems strange to go walking without the mutt. Can you do the walks like shown in the pics with a dog.

Strangely this is one of my big worries about the move to NZ. They don't seem so keen on dogs us us Brits.

Roger
Not owning a dog I have not paid much attention to the rules over here, but from what I have seen you can take a dog on most trails here although I think they must be on a lead and also are not allowed on most beaches.

Are there any NZ based dog owners out there who know better!?
Old Jul 27th 2003, 10:28 pm
Forum Regular

xpat19 is just really nicexpat19 is just really nicexpat19 is just really nicexpat19 is just really nicexpat19 is just really nicexpat19 is just really nicexpat19 is just really nicexpat19 is just really nicexpat19 is just really nice

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Roger We got our dog from a rescue home in west Auckland 2 months ago and have been able to take her everywhere - They are allowed on the beaches in the winter months, some areas they have to be on leads because of the wildlife - but it seems to me that NZ is a dog loving counrtry and I don't see many people out walking without at least one !
There has been some bad publicity lately as a little girl was mauled by a dog in a park - so there are some clamp downs on dogs being off the lead in places but thats just common sense really
Old Jul 28th 2003, 8:14 am
BE Enthusiast

Roger is a jewel in the roughRoger is a jewel in the roughRoger is a jewel in the roughRoger is a jewel in the rough

Xpat. Thanks for that. Reassuring.
Roger