Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Winter motorbike gear-Brisbane

Winter motorbike gear-Brisbane

Old Jun 29th 2004, 9:09 am
Happy mum of 2 Aussies

Wanderlust is a splendid one to beholdWanderlust is a splendid one to beholdWanderlust is a splendid one to beholdWanderlust is a splendid one to beholdWanderlust is a splendid one to beholdWanderlust is a splendid one to beholdWanderlust is a splendid one to beholdWanderlust is a splendid one to beholdWanderlust is a splendid one to beholdWanderlust is a splendid one to beholdWanderlust is a splendid one to behold
Default Winter motorbike gear-Brisbane

Hiya all,

I'm not bringing my motorbike, but I want to get a new one when I get there. My question is - I have a set of full winter riding gear - jacket and trousers.......will I ever need them in Brisbane??? Dont want to ship them for nothingy - with all the armour etc they're huge!

Advice pleeeze!

W.
Old Jun 29th 2004, 9:18 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Hiya,
Not a biker, but was a pillion for years, so I know how the wind cuts through you, and I would say bring them. Had some very cold winds lately, and the temps have been down to single figures some nights too.
If you don't bring them, it'll cost you a small fortune to buy new.
Old Jun 29th 2004, 9:54 am
life begins again...

scutterUK is a name known to allscutterUK is a name known to allscutterUK is a name known to allscutterUK is a name known to allscutterUK is a name known to allscutterUK is a name known to allscutterUK is a name known to allscutterUK is a name known to allscutterUK is a name known to allscutterUK is a name known to allscutterUK is a name known to all
Default Re: Winter motorbike gear-Brisbane

Originally posted by Wanderlust
Hiya all,

I'm not bringing my motorbike, but I want to get a new one when I get there. My question is - I have a set of full winter riding gear - jacket and trousers.......will I ever need them in Brisbane??? Dont want to ship them for nothingy - with all the armour etc they're huge!

Advice pleeeze!

W.

hi W.

I'm in the same boat, again. My summer gear has nearly had it, so it's staying here, but my winter jacket isn't too bad so i'm taking it with me. As you know they're heavy! but i was hoping to use it as packing and wrap it round a tele or something which might benefit from the armour protection.

Not sure it'll work like that but i say take it if you can afford to. I'm sure it will come in.

My predicament at the moment is whether or not to ship my lid or take is as hand luggage..... if i ship it i'll end up riding around in the UK for a month wearing my old one (which looks naff now), and then i'll have to wait until it gets there at the other end before i can ride again. But if i take it as hand luggage i can wear it up to the day i leave, and i'll have it at the other end when i arrive. plus if the plane looks like it's going to crash i can pop it on and hope for the best. My only problem with that is the damage if anything happens to it.... (i mean while carrying it, not during the plan crash.... )

Leigh

Last edited by scutterUK; Jun 29th 2004 at 9:57 am.
Old Jun 29th 2004, 11:51 am
Happy mum of 2 Aussies

Wanderlust is a splendid one to beholdWanderlust is a splendid one to beholdWanderlust is a splendid one to beholdWanderlust is a splendid one to beholdWanderlust is a splendid one to beholdWanderlust is a splendid one to beholdWanderlust is a splendid one to beholdWanderlust is a splendid one to beholdWanderlust is a splendid one to beholdWanderlust is a splendid one to beholdWanderlust is a splendid one to behold

Hi Leigh,

You think you'll get a bike in Oz that quickly? I envy you! In that case I'd say take it as hand luggage. I'm going to be waiting impatiently at the other end for all my bike gear to arrive before I go bike shopping.

W.
Old Jun 29th 2004, 1:13 pm
life begins again...

scutterUK is a name known to allscutterUK is a name known to allscutterUK is a name known to allscutterUK is a name known to allscutterUK is a name known to allscutterUK is a name known to allscutterUK is a name known to allscutterUK is a name known to allscutterUK is a name known to allscutterUK is a name known to allscutterUK is a name known to all

Originally posted by Wanderlust
Hi Leigh,

You think you'll get a bike in Oz that quickly? I envy you! In that case I'd say take it as hand luggage. I'm going to be waiting impatiently at the other end for all my bike gear to arrive before I go bike shopping.

W.
what i forgot to mention was i actually sleep in it, and i can't sleep with out it!! the leathers do get a bit sweaty at night though.

... i really must mind what i say or there will be rumours flying around about me!

no,... seriously now. I'm willing to settle for a good secondhand bike if i can find the right one. i just didn't want to miss out on some riding if i had to wait a month for my lid to arrive. Everything else i'll be buying new apart from the winter jacket so hopefully if i buy secondhand i should be on the road in a week or so.

the bike i'm thinking of might have to be ordered new and there's quite a waiting list if it has to come from the factory. i'll just have to see when i get there.

Leigh