Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Winter in Brisbane

Winter in Brisbane

Old Jun 6th 2007, 4:43 am
Forum Regular

Bonnybute is a name known to allBonnybute is a name known to allBonnybute is a name known to allBonnybute is a name known to allBonnybute is a name known to allBonnybute is a name known to allBonnybute is a name known to allBonnybute is a name known to allBonnybute is a name known to allBonnybute is a name known to allBonnybute is a name known to all
Default Winter in Brisbane

Hi Folks,

well, my family and I have been in Brisbane for 2 weeks, and it's 'winter'. We arrived to warm sunshine, which has been beautiful, but we've climatised now, and it's cold, glad we brought our fleece's etc..

We took about one week to sort out sleep patterns, and calm down from the horrendous flight. We're living in a gorgeous apartment in Clayfield which is about 10 mins outside the city itself, it's lovely.

It's been raining since last night, and it's not stopped, but it's amazing, and everyone is delighted at the rainfall. it's seriously hard rain, and we've been sitting on our balcony area watching it hide the city.
it's dark around 5.30pm, which is weird, but we've gotten used to it.

We've sorted out everything, within a week of getting here, driving licenses, medicare, tax numbers, bank accounts, etc..

just sitting back and enjoying the place now, we're going to start touring around in the next few days looking at areas to live, Clayfield is great and beautiful, but would prefer a more rural home for living, eventually.

the only negative I've come across, so far, is the TV I don't think anyone watches tv here, because there are absolutely nothing on, but if that's the only concern, we're doing allright. lol lol lol

Bonny
Old Jun 6th 2007, 4:58 am
Where traffic lights rule

themerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Winter in Brisbane

Beware on the roads, QLD drivers are not great at the best of time, and most have forgotten how to drive in the rain

But it's funny, I have been really enjoying the sound of the rain, it kind of feels like a sunny day back in the UK.

Originally Posted by Bonnybute
Hi Folks,

well, my family and I have been in Brisbane for 2 weeks, and it's 'winter'. We arrived to warm sunshine, which has been beautiful, but we've climatised now, and it's cold, glad we brought our fleece's etc..

We took about one week to sort out sleep patterns, and calm down from the horrendous flight. We're living in a gorgeous apartment in Clayfield which is about 10 mins outside the city itself, it's lovely.

It's been raining since last night, and it's not stopped, but it's amazing, and everyone is delighted at the rainfall. it's seriously hard rain, and we've been sitting on our balcony area watching it hide the city.

We've sorted out everything, within a week of getting here, driving licenses, medicare, tax numbers, bank accounts, etc..

just sitting back and enjoying the place now, we're going to start touring around in the next few days looking at areas to live, Clayfield is great and beautiful, but would prefer a more rural home for living, eventually.

the only negative I've come across, so far, is the TV I don't think anyone watches tv here, because there are absolutely nothing on, but if that's the only concern, we're doing allright. lol lol lol

Bonny
Old Jun 6th 2007, 6:54 am

Vim Fuego is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Folks,

Bonny
Mythbusters, South Park, Rockwiz, Spicks And Specks, Life On Mars, Drawn Together ... hell, even CSI. All good Aussie programmes

There ya go, no concerns at all now!

Seriously, welcome. If you want rural and don't mind a bit of commute then maybe a look around the Logan/Beaudesert border is worth a gander.

It took me 2 hours to get in this morning though, that, as themerlin said, is partly due to inability to drive in the rain and mostly to do with the damned FREEWAY FLOODING (we avoided it, to little advantage) ... shesh, you'd think someone would clear out the gutters on the odd dry day that we get ...

Great place though
Old Jun 6th 2007, 10:24 am
Forum Regular

keithandsam has a brilliant futurekeithandsam has a brilliant futurekeithandsam has a brilliant futurekeithandsam has a brilliant futurekeithandsam has a brilliant futurekeithandsam has a brilliant future

i will know that i have `finally arrived` when i am glad to see the rain,but not yet!! it`s a celebration every time it rains!!!

Hi Folks,

Bonny
Old Jun 6th 2007, 10:51 am
Forum Regular

Bonnybute is a name known to allBonnybute is a name known to allBonnybute is a name known to allBonnybute is a name known to allBonnybute is a name known to allBonnybute is a name known to allBonnybute is a name known to allBonnybute is a name known to allBonnybute is a name known to allBonnybute is a name known to allBonnybute is a name known to all

Thanks for the Logan tip, noted...

p.s. your right about Life on Marks, sincere apologies.. laughed so hard at it.. great fun..
Old Jun 6th 2007, 11:01 am

london cabbie has much to be proud oflondon cabbie has much to be proud oflondon cabbie has much to be proud oflondon cabbie has much to be proud oflondon cabbie has much to be proud oflondon cabbie has much to be proud oflondon cabbie has much to be proud oflondon cabbie has much to be proud oflondon cabbie has much to be proud oflondon cabbie has much to be proud oflondon cabbie has much to be proud of

So how is the drought situation out there now?
Old Jun 6th 2007, 11:05 am
Forum Regular

GreenTea is just really niceGreenTea is just really niceGreenTea is just really niceGreenTea is just really niceGreenTea is just really niceGreenTea is just really niceGreenTea is just really niceGreenTea is just really niceGreenTea is just really nice

Thanks for the Logan tip, noted...

p.s. your right about Life on Marks, sincere apologies.. laughed so hard at it.. great fun..
Have a wee look around the Cleveland, thornlands areas too. There on the train to the city but far enough away to give you a sleepy town feel
Old Jun 6th 2007, 11:09 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by london cabbie
So how is the drought situation out there now?
Wet wet wet baby
Old Jun 6th 2007, 11:13 am

london cabbie has much to be proud oflondon cabbie has much to be proud oflondon cabbie has much to be proud oflondon cabbie has much to be proud oflondon cabbie has much to be proud oflondon cabbie has much to be proud oflondon cabbie has much to be proud oflondon cabbie has much to be proud oflondon cabbie has much to be proud oflondon cabbie has much to be proud oflondon cabbie has much to be proud of

Thats gotta be good right?
Old Jun 6th 2007, 11:19 am

Centurion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond repute

Logan hasnt got a great reputation. If you want ruralish then consider Samford or Kenmore Hills to name a couple. I'd probably avoid Bayside (even though we love it) because ruralish it isnt.