Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Winnie - how about an update?!

Winnie - how about an update?!

Old Jun 18th 2002, 6:25 pm
Non-addicted member!

garrisondamn will become famous soon enoughgarrisondamn will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Winnie - how about an update?!

WWWWWHHHOOOOOOOOOOOOPPPPPPPSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!
How do you do this damned replying, quoting from someone elses post??????????
Sorry about that up there, I thought I was doing it right!!
WHAT A MESS!!!!
Old Jun 18th 2002, 7:00 pm
Forum Regular

p__sullivan is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Winnie - how about an update?!

Well we have initially booked a little place on the Kapiti coast... about 45 mins from Wellington and probably about 1.15 hrs from Palmerston North. The idea being that it give two large areas in which to look for work.

We went over to NZ last years for a month and decided that we liked the area.. although it was a difficult choice.. so many great places to choose from. I think our only provisor was that, if at all possible, we wouldn't go to Auckland. Nothing wrong with the place ( in UK terms... certainly not when you live in Manchester), but there were more pleasant cities/towns to start off in.

Thanks for the info on the internet connection... we have seen that you have to pay for access, and were thinking it was like the bad old days of Demon and the like.. paying for access and telephone charges.. but if local calls are free.. then it makes sense.. the companies have to earn a living from something. As for DSL and broadband.. well we would like to upgrade eventually.. but seeing as our beloved laptop doesn't have an ethernet card.. well we'll make do with the 56K modem

cheers

Paul