Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Winnibago-Brisbane to Sydney pls

Winnibago-Brisbane to Sydney pls

Old Dec 11th 2006, 10:24 pm
BE Forum Addict

donna is a splendid one to beholddonna is a splendid one to beholddonna is a splendid one to beholddonna is a splendid one to beholddonna is a splendid one to beholddonna is a splendid one to beholddonna is a splendid one to beholddonna is a splendid one to beholddonna is a splendid one to beholddonna is a splendid one to beholddonna is a splendid one to behold
Default Winnibago-Brisbane to Sydney pls

Hi All
We have friends here from the UK for a while who would like to hire a winnibago and go travelling from Brisbane to Sydney,any recommendations on good hire places and places to visit on route would be appreciated.
They would like to see as much of the coast line as possible.
cheers
donna
Old Dec 12th 2006, 1:57 pm
Happy little vegemite

blimeyj is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Winnibago-Brisbane to Sydney pls

I don't have any reccommendations, but I recently did a search for campervans on www.google.com.au and came up with lots of places. You can find lots of details about what sort of vans/winnies are available and it might help work out which would suit their needs so that you can then compare prices etc.

As for places to see - I think a guidebook would be a great start!

HTH
Old Dec 12th 2006, 8:59 pm
BE Forum Addict

donna is a splendid one to beholddonna is a splendid one to beholddonna is a splendid one to beholddonna is a splendid one to beholddonna is a splendid one to beholddonna is a splendid one to beholddonna is a splendid one to beholddonna is a splendid one to beholddonna is a splendid one to beholddonna is a splendid one to beholddonna is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by blimeyj
I don't have any reccommendations, but I recently did a search for campervans on www.google.com.au and came up with lots of places. You can find lots of details about what sort of vans/winnies are available and it might help work out which would suit their needs so that you can then compare prices etc.

As for places to see - I think a guidebook would be a great start!

HTH
thanks for that ,and i have done a google search,but i was hoping for personal recomendations as that always seems like a good way to go.
Great idea about the guide book hadnt thought about that
cheers
donna
Old Dec 12th 2006, 9:18 pm
DownUnder

datamile has a reputation beyond reputedatamile has a reputation beyond reputedatamile has a reputation beyond reputedatamile has a reputation beyond reputedatamile has a reputation beyond reputedatamile has a reputation beyond reputedatamile has a reputation beyond reputedatamile has a reputation beyond reputedatamile has a reputation beyond reputedatamile has a reputation beyond reputedatamile has a reputation beyond repute

Sometimes the smaller companies are much cheaper. It was for us in NZ

http://australia.motorhome-holidays.com/
Old Dec 12th 2006, 9:22 pm
Gone Senile Member

Sandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Donna

Brisbane to Sydney is about a 12 hour drive, we went the other way about two years ago and managed to see an awful lot in two days.

Just a suggestion but for much the same money they could do hire car and use motels to stay a little more flexible visiting the attractions/parking.

Bryon Bay, Coff Harbour( Big Banana), Port Macquarie, Port Stephens - Dolphin Watching etc (there is masses to do around here). Before going down the coast road along the Central Coast Newcastle to Sydney go inland and do the Hunter Valley wineries around Pokolbin. Central Coast go to the Australian Reptile park and visit The Entrance for the Pelican feeding.

Before getting into Sydney for real - take a detour out through St Ives! and head out to Mona Vale and then up to Palm Beach (Home and Away filmed here!) But even before you get to the beaches on the Upper North Shore there is also loads to see and do in the National Parks and waterways of the Hawksbury (hire a river boat for a couple of days) canoes and motor crusiers.

Not sure what sort of stuff they like doing - give us an idea of family size etc and maybe I can think of a few more things.

Cheers Sandra
Old Dec 12th 2006, 9:41 pm
DownUnder

datamile has a reputation beyond reputedatamile has a reputation beyond reputedatamile has a reputation beyond reputedatamile has a reputation beyond reputedatamile has a reputation beyond reputedatamile has a reputation beyond reputedatamile has a reputation beyond reputedatamile has a reputation beyond reputedatamile has a reputation beyond reputedatamile has a reputation beyond reputedatamile has a reputation beyond repute

Yup, we've driven both ways in cars. Better for hunting for motels, and camper rental prices can be more than car+motel.
Old Dec 13th 2006, 3:08 am
BE Forum Addict

Thanks for that datamile and Sandra i will give them the infom,ithink you are right about the car/motels being better than the vans,icant believe the price,i think theyve hiked them up for the cricket and xmas period.
Sandra they are a couple with no children.I hope you and yours are well,and yes im still lovin it hear with no intention of returning.I did a house search the other day and cant believe how much the houses have gone up in Winnersh.
thanks again guys
Donna
Old Dec 13th 2006, 4:35 am
Gone Senile Member

Sandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by donna
Thanks for that datamile and Sandra i will give them the infom,ithink you are right about the car/motels being better than the vans,icant believe the price,i think theyve hiked them up for the cricket and xmas period.
Sandra they are a couple with no children.I hope you and yours are well,and yes im still lovin it hear with no intention of returning.I did a house search the other day and cant believe how much the houses have gone up in Winnersh.
thanks again guys
Donna
Freedom - couple with no kids, if they like wine then the Hunter Valley inland on the way down is a must.

There are also some super deals on internet about places to stay, I have just got a Cabin for two nights own private out door spa etc for $500. I know that isn't cheap but a great price in the summer season for a romantic get away for two. This is just above the Hunter Valley.

What is the timing of the trip? You might be hard pushed to decide between booking ahead or awating and seeing if there are last minute deals out there.

Last time - We travelled just before Christmas 18th-20th and didn't bother booking anything just turned up.

I know what you mean about the house prices - Sister has had house valued at 75K increase in the last 18 months!!! She lives in Twyford.

Hope the people travelling have fun.

Cheers
Old Dec 13th 2006, 5:01 am

FluffyTheCampfireSlayer is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by donna
Hi All
We have friends here from the UK for a while who would like to hire a winnibago and go travelling from Brisbane to Sydney,any recommendations on good hire places and places to visit on route would be appreciated.
They would like to see as much of the coast line as possible.
cheers
donna
Not quite a Winnibago, but we used and can highly reccommend www.campette.com

The value for money was outstanding!