British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Australia (https://britishexpats.com/forum/australia-54/)
-   -   Wind up of the Year (https://britishexpats.com/forum/australia-54/wind-up-year-315412/)

TheRossers Jul 22nd 2005 9:51 am

Wind up of the Year

Those that can need to listen to Rock FM on Monday between 08:15 and 08:30. You may even be able to get it over the internet!

Mrs. R has just had a call (supposedly from Australia) saying there was a problem with our application. Something to do with us being involved in the illegal pet trade in 1997. Wanted to know if we had been forceably removed from the country and had a pending conviction against us.
Needless to say they had all the wrong information so Mrs R knew it was a wind up. The guy who set it up is obviously going to suffer as will all the others who know all about it.

bridiej Jul 22nd 2005 9:53 am

Re: Wind up of the Year

I would say what a hoot but probably not the best day to do it with you waiting on news...!!!!

Sleeping Beauty Jul 22nd 2005 9:53 am

Originally Posted by TheRossers
Those that can need to listen to Rock FM on Monday between 08:15 and 08:30. You may even be able to get it over the internet!

Mrs. R has just had a call (supposedly from Australia) saying there was a problem with our application. Something to do with us being involved in the illegal pet trade in 1997. Wanted to know if we had been forceably removed from the country and had a pending conviction against us.
Needless to say they had all the wrong information so Mrs R knew it was a wind up. The guy who set it up is obviously going to suffer as will all the others who know all about it.

so you knew who did this cunning thing??

michelle

TheRossers Jul 22nd 2005 9:54 am

Originally Posted by bridiej
I would say what a hoot but probably not the best day to do it with you waiting on news...!!!!

Mrs R is just having fag number 5 so is OK now.

Anne4Terry Jul 22nd 2005 9:54 am

Ooo, you poor souls. Hope you can think of a good comeback :)

bridiej Jul 22nd 2005 9:55 am

Mrs R is just having fag number 5 so is OK now.

Is she smoking five at a time, one between each finger?!

TheRossers Jul 22nd 2005 9:55 am

Originally Posted by bun
so you knew who did this cunning thing??

michelle

yes when she asked to speak to the persons supervisor she was put through to him

TheRossers Jul 22nd 2005 9:56 am

Originally Posted by bridiej
Is she smoking five at a time, one between each finger?!

If her hands were big enough she would be :D

Sleeping Beauty Jul 22nd 2005 9:57 am

yes when she asked to speak to the persons supervisor she was put through to him

is it a family friend (or ex-family friend!!!)

michelle

TheRossers Jul 22nd 2005 10:19 am

Originally Posted by bun
is it a family friend (or ex-family friend!!!)

michelle

a supposedly GOOD friend. At least she cottened on before she got mad. It was funny 'cos at the same time I was on here moaning about DIMIA.

STUBBS Jul 22nd 2005 10:40 am

Just tried it over the internet, works fine so i'll be there listening
Donna xx

TheRossers Jul 22nd 2005 10:48 am

Originally Posted by STUBBS
Donna xx

Thanks for that Donna, at least the expats guys know they can pick it up and have a giggle.
Be nice if DIMIA grant our visa tomorrow and then we can listen in smug mode :D
and have the last laugh.

Rich and Angie Jul 22nd 2005 1:53 pm

That is really crap... I would make them pay BIG time!
Hope you get your visa tomorrow.

Ang

JohnandMichelle Jul 22nd 2005 4:11 pm

Originally Posted by STUBBS
Donna xx

He he!! Although wouldn't be giggling if it happened to me!! What's web address, would love to listen to it? Your friend obviously loves a good laugh - couldn't have picked a worse time though!! Michelle

STUBBS Jul 22nd 2005 4:24 pm

Originally Posted by JohnandMichelle
He he!! Although wouldn't be giggling if it happened to me!! What's web address, would love to listen to it? Your friend obviously loves a good laugh - couldn't have picked a worse time though!! Michelle

The web add is www.rockfm.co.uk , just press listen live, Sorry Rossers but you've got to admit it was a good one. hee hee hee :D :D :D, I guess you'll be getting your own back big time.
Donna.xx