Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Will this be your last Christmas in the UK?

Wikiposts

Will this be your last Christmas in the UK?

Old Oct 9th 2005, 8:45 pm
Sam
here and staying

Sam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Will this be your last Christmas in the UK?

We too have just realised that this will probably (hopefully) be our last xmas here in blighty, we are frantically form filling for visa application to be submitted as soon as TRA comes back (providing it's a yes of course) so hoping to submit before Dec this year, agent says visas taking approx 6/7 moths at moment so are putting house on market in Feb, keeping fingers crossed that visa comes before Sept and the house sells too then we'll be off!!!!!!!!
Old Oct 10th 2005, 3:44 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

lacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond repute

I am spending a wad on flying over there. If I have to do it then I am doing it in style. Sod Christmas and hey hoe flying to Australia in comfort and style lol

lace x
Old Oct 11th 2005, 2:59 am
Forum Regular

bleugh is on a distinguished road

well, i'm hoping to be in Oz next year, so in that respect, yes,
i'll be back visiting in years to come, so it's not my LAST last christmas ;-)

got my acknowledgement on the 5th may, waiting for med requests now,

will sell the house early next year - april-ish to look at a may-june-july move out and leave job - the colder time of the year in Oz, to help get used to the temperature a bit easier!

I'll be totally debt free come april (12k of debt paid in 2.5 years!!) ..........adelaide here i come
Old Oct 11th 2005, 3:07 am
Just Joined

nightingaleblues is on a distinguished road

Glad to hear they are keeping your post for you. Sorry to hear your having trouble selling your property. I have been having problems with this as well, but fingers crossed i hope this is it. I have heard that the hospital you are going to work in is nice though. Good luck with selling your property !!
Old Oct 11th 2005, 3:34 am
NorthLakes, Brissy

wargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by WacandJill
Good luck with your Christmas dinner with your parents. No doubt they will mention "this is the last time we will sit here together on christmas day" , "this is the last time we will carve the turkey together", "this is the last time we will open presents under the tree" - great.
My reply would be that we have done that for the last 40 odd years, and it is going to be wonderful doing something different in a different country.
I personally cant wait, although I think Christmas this year will be quite emotional.
Have a good one.
Should be our last one too, i havent told my parents yet purely for the reasons above - it is going to make a difficult time even more difficult, so early new year i'll let them know!
Old Oct 11th 2005, 5:26 am
Confused member

SunshineGirl has much to be proud ofSunshineGirl has much to be proud ofSunshineGirl has much to be proud ofSunshineGirl has much to be proud ofSunshineGirl has much to be proud ofSunshineGirl has much to be proud ofSunshineGirl has much to be proud ofSunshineGirl has much to be proud ofSunshineGirl has much to be proud ofSunshineGirl has much to be proud ofSunshineGirl has much to be proud of

It'll be our last one for a while. Not for ever, as I am sure we'll have Chrimbo in the UK for purely nostalgic reasons some time in the future.
Old Oct 11th 2005, 5:55 am
Ok this isn't so bad

Stitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond repute

Hopefully sell house next year and spend next christmas in Oz!

Cheers

Ginny
Old Oct 11th 2005, 6:51 am
Forum Regular

debbo will become famous soon enoughdebbo will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by WacandJill
Just wondered how many of you will be spending their last Christmas in the UK.
We are still awaiting our visas, but are hoping this will be our last Christmas here, and we will be in Australia within 6 months.
I know it may sound sad being as its only October, but we were having a discussion last night about where we will be spending Christmas day this year, Boxing day etc., with which member of family etc.,
We usually have Christmas day on our own, having no children its nice and peaceful, then go visiting family on the other days, who all live miles away. We think maybe this year we should make the effort to meet up with as much family/friends as we can, as hopefully this will be our last. I am one of three children, and Paul is one of eight, so its usually quite hard to see all of them, although a family gathering at the mother in laws on one day could be a way to spend time with most of them.
The other thing is that we havent told them yet of our plans, as we are awaiting the outcome of the visa application first before making any announcements. Perhaps Christmas day wouldnt be the best day to tell our parents!
Anyway, have a lovely Christmas - maybe it will snow?
We are hoping this will be our last xmas. Hoping to fly out in jan 06 (if granted the visa) Still awaiting decision. Its a nightmare isn't it :scared: :scared: