Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Will this be your last Christmas in the UK?

Wikiposts

Will this be your last Christmas in the UK?

Old Oct 9th 2005, 6:27 am
cheeky tart

The A Team has a reputation beyond reputeThe A Team has a reputation beyond reputeThe A Team has a reputation beyond reputeThe A Team has a reputation beyond reputeThe A Team has a reputation beyond reputeThe A Team has a reputation beyond reputeThe A Team has a reputation beyond reputeThe A Team has a reputation beyond reputeThe A Team has a reputation beyond reputeThe A Team has a reputation beyond reputeThe A Team has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Will this be your last Christmas in the UK?

Hopefully this will be our last Christmas in the UK. Still got to sell the house and business and be granted our visas
Old Oct 9th 2005, 6:29 am
BE Forum Addict

hilary6 has a reputation beyond reputehilary6 has a reputation beyond reputehilary6 has a reputation beyond reputehilary6 has a reputation beyond reputehilary6 has a reputation beyond reputehilary6 has a reputation beyond reputehilary6 has a reputation beyond reputehilary6 has a reputation beyond reputehilary6 has a reputation beyond reputehilary6 has a reputation beyond reputehilary6 has a reputation beyond repute

Fingers crossed it'll be our last xmas here too
Old Oct 9th 2005, 7:13 am
Forum Regular

lucy.summers is a glorious beacon of lightlucy.summers is a glorious beacon of lightlucy.summers is a glorious beacon of lightlucy.summers is a glorious beacon of lightlucy.summers is a glorious beacon of lightlucy.summers is a glorious beacon of lightlucy.summers is a glorious beacon of lightlucy.summers is a glorious beacon of lightlucy.summers is a glorious beacon of lightlucy.summers is a glorious beacon of lightlucy.summers is a glorious beacon of light

Definitly our last one - just got back form validaiton trip today and am hanging so about to go to bed - can't wait for last Christmas though - spending it with my family and then inlaws on boxing day.

Will do a validation trip post soon - Perth

Lucy.
Old Oct 9th 2005, 7:21 am
BE Forum Addict

ohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by lucy.summers
Definitly our last one - just got back form validaiton trip today and am hanging so about to go to bed - can't wait for last Christmas though - spending it with my family and then inlaws on boxing day.

Will do a validation trip post soon - Perth

Lucy.

Yippeee - you're back !!!! Wanna know all Lucy - sent you a mail at work too and about to put my avon order in as well. Come on - spill !!
Old Oct 9th 2005, 7:34 am
lor
BE Forum Addict

lor has a reputation beyond reputelor has a reputation beyond reputelor has a reputation beyond reputelor has a reputation beyond reputelor has a reputation beyond reputelor has a reputation beyond reputelor has a reputation beyond reputelor has a reputation beyond reputelor has a reputation beyond reputelor has a reputation beyond reputelor has a reputation beyond repute

Time will tell ? but we hope so.
Old Oct 9th 2005, 7:50 am
Forum Regular

lightr0d2o is just really nicelightr0d2o is just really nicelightr0d2o is just really nicelightr0d2o is just really nicelightr0d2o is just really nicelightr0d2o is just really nicelightr0d2o is just really nicelightr0d2o is just really nicelightr0d2o is just really nicelightr0d2o is just really nicelightr0d2o is just really nice

We in the same boat as many, application in waiting to be called for meds,
house on market early next year. we gonna let kids finish this year at school and college, before we go even if the house sells..
not only are we not looking forward to christmas dinner, but we got rellies getting married on christmas eve so there will be loads of people there.
we will try to use that as a diversion I think..

all the best

ROB>>
Old Oct 9th 2005, 8:11 am
Rushwood, Thornlands, QLD

Boomie is a glorious beacon of lightBoomie is a glorious beacon of lightBoomie is a glorious beacon of lightBoomie is a glorious beacon of lightBoomie is a glorious beacon of lightBoomie is a glorious beacon of lightBoomie is a glorious beacon of lightBoomie is a glorious beacon of lightBoomie is a glorious beacon of lightBoomie is a glorious beacon of lightBoomie is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by WacandJill
Just wondered how many of you will be spending their last Christmas in the UK.
We are still awaiting our visas, but are hoping this will be our last Christmas here, and we will be in Australia within 6 months.
I know it may sound sad being as its only October, but we were having a discussion last night about where we will be spending Christmas day this year, Boxing day etc., with which member of family etc.,
We usually have Christmas day on our own, having no children its nice and peaceful, then go visiting family on the other days, who all live miles away. We think maybe this year we should make the effort to meet up with as much family/friends as we can, as hopefully this will be our last. I am one of three children, and Paul is one of eight, so its usually quite hard to see all of them, although a family gathering at the mother in laws on one day could be a way to spend time with most of them.
The other thing is that we havent told them yet of our plans, as we are awaiting the outcome of the visa application first before making any announcements. Perhaps Christmas day wouldnt be the best day to tell our parents!
Anyway, have a lovely Christmas - maybe it will snow?

Make the most of ure last Christmas..... ours was beautiful everywhere was dressed up in white....cold and crisp.....

cuz...... when ure here christmas sure feels different......no matter how you try and make it traditional....and remembering ure love ones..... left behind.... its so hard.....once again we were hoping my mum would join us for christmas but unfortunately she wont be..... - live in hope for later on in the year when we have moved into our own place....

boomie
xx

Last edited by Boomie; Oct 9th 2005 at 8:15 am.
Old Oct 9th 2005, 8:20 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

lacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond repute

this will be our last Christmas in the UK, we have just been out my son and I and found some conkers so we can have the last conker fights. Thrown some leaves in the air and coloured in and traced leaves in a book so we can remember what they looked like.

sad eh!

I loved every minute of it and tomorrow! we are going to do it all again lol

Lace xx
Old Oct 9th 2005, 8:21 am
Forum Regular

MistySunshine is a jewel in the roughMistySunshine is a jewel in the roughMistySunshine is a jewel in the roughMistySunshine is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by Boomie
Make the most of ure last Christmas..... ours was beautiful everywhere was dressed up in white....cold and crisp.....

cuz...... when ure here christmas sure feels different......no matter how you try and make it traditional....and remembering ure love ones..... left behind.... its so hard.....once again we were hoping my mum would join us for christmas but unfortunately she wont be..... - live in hope for later on in the year when we have moved into our own place....

boomie
xx
Hi Everyone,
In order for our children not to feel too alone away from family at Christmas here in Australia we have made a list of things that are important to us and what we want to bake etc. We have also decided to set a new tradition which will symbolise our new life here and means we can add to the Christmas experience. Although not having the usual mad journey on or around christmas seeing all the relatives etc will be fantastic.
Old Oct 9th 2005, 10:34 am
Forum Regular

suzannepatricia has a brilliant futuresuzannepatricia has a brilliant futuresuzannepatricia has a brilliant futuresuzannepatricia has a brilliant futuresuzannepatricia has a brilliant futuresuzannepatricia has a brilliant futuresuzannepatricia has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by tabby
This will be our last Xmas, flights booked 28.12.05
Great stuff!! Incidentally I have heard that the time of year you are going is the cheapest, in between Xmas and NY. Who are you flying with, how much and any stopovers planned? Hope you don't mind having your brains picked, as that is what this site is all about??
Old Oct 9th 2005, 11:37 am
is happy to be here :)

Tiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond repute

Will probably be our last Christmas whilst living here, but after we emigrate, it would be nice to return at Christmas time to spend it with our families
Old Oct 9th 2005, 7:20 pm
Now a Mummy!

SonicBird has much to be proud ofSonicBird has much to be proud ofSonicBird has much to be proud ofSonicBird has much to be proud ofSonicBird has much to be proud ofSonicBird has much to be proud ofSonicBird has much to be proud ofSonicBird has much to be proud ofSonicBird has much to be proud ofSonicBird has much to be proud ofSonicBird has much to be proud of

We're hoping this will be our last Christmas in UK.... with a bit of luck we'll be in Briz-Vegas by Xmas next year. My Mum is already saving up to come and visit, not for Xmas, but Australia v. England Cricket... Bloody cheek!

Anyway good luck to everyone hoping to be there by Xmas 06!

Sonic x
Old Oct 9th 2005, 8:19 pm
BE Enthusiast

tabby is a splendid one to beholdtabby is a splendid one to beholdtabby is a splendid one to beholdtabby is a splendid one to beholdtabby is a splendid one to beholdtabby is a splendid one to beholdtabby is a splendid one to beholdtabby is a splendid one to beholdtabby is a splendid one to beholdtabby is a splendid one to beholdtabby is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by suzannepatricia
Great stuff!! Incidentally I have heard that the time of year you are going is the cheapest, in between Xmas and NY. Who are you flying with, how much and any stopovers planned? Hope you don't mind having your brains picked, as that is what this site is all about??
Certainly not the cheapest!! We are flying with Singapore Airlines London to Brisbane with just a 3hr stop at Changi and it cost £1500 for myself, my husband and my 2yr old. April/May seem 2 b a much cheaper time . We paid the same amount to do reccie trip (i.e. return!) in June......
Good luck
Old Oct 9th 2005, 8:24 pm
BE Enthusiast

tabby is a splendid one to beholdtabby is a splendid one to beholdtabby is a splendid one to beholdtabby is a splendid one to beholdtabby is a splendid one to beholdtabby is a splendid one to beholdtabby is a splendid one to beholdtabby is a splendid one to beholdtabby is a splendid one to beholdtabby is a splendid one to beholdtabby is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by nickyjohnt
Hi tabby,

see you are in Poole aswell !

This will be our last xmas in the UK as hopefully we will be going in Jan/ feb, depending on if we sell our house. Seems to be a very slow market down this way at the moment !! Got any tips

Nicky
Afraid not Nicky. Our house was on market for 10 months before it sold, and things are not looking much better around and about. Certainly seem to be more For Sale than Sold round our way
What area are you heading for in Oz?

Good luck with the house sale
Old Oct 9th 2005, 8:43 pm
no longer searching

walaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond repute

it will be our last before going, but that does not mean we will never spend Xmas period in UK again.

Usually we have spent it just hubby & me (had baby just before Xmas last yr, so had lots of visitors around the time, just not on Xmas day). Thought this year would be different, but no. My Dad IS the christmas miser, so again Mum has booked a trip away. My sis has already made arrangements to be away, other one not sure. Don't really want to spend it with MIL (and would result being with other halfs sibling) - complicated situation/reasons that I'm not going to into.

So we thought why not go away? first thought relax on a beach, I can go diving etc. But now the idea of going somewhere guaranteed to have snow is appealing

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.