Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Will this be your last Christmas in the UK?

Wikiposts

Will this be your last Christmas in the UK?

Old Oct 8th 2005, 9:55 pm
Never going back

Sleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Will this be your last Christmas in the UK?

hopefully our last christmas in the uk as well. we hope to get visa by july/august next year. only our nearest families know of our plans, so its business as usual for xmas.
Old Oct 8th 2005, 9:57 pm
Account Closed

Nicstids is an unknown quantity at this point

Add us to the list! We fly out on 21st January to Brisbane. Don't know where we'll be spending Christmas though as we don't know where we'll be - depends on whether the bl**dy house sale has completed!!

It is difficult though - mine and hubby's parents live about 200 miles away from each other so how do we work that one out on Christnmas Day?
Old Oct 8th 2005, 9:59 pm
Just Joined

spudulike is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by wavy_davy
Yeps, this will be our last christmas as well, we're hoping to be in Perth by at least May next year. Parents are supportive yet very sad we''re leaving but hey......................
Hi We are just submitting our TRA and getting it together - any tips on the bit you have to write yourself. Did you do pages of all your recipes and how you make things from start to finish. Husband is a baker/pastry cook at we vcould write a booK! How much do you put in? Any advice gratefully received!!!!!!

Kate
Old Oct 8th 2005, 10:03 pm
Forum Regular

shorty has much to be proud ofshorty has much to be proud ofshorty has much to be proud ofshorty has much to be proud ofshorty has much to be proud ofshorty has much to be proud ofshorty has much to be proud ofshorty has much to be proud ofshorty has much to be proud ofshorty has much to be proud ofshorty has much to be proud of

[QUOTE=WacandJill]Just wondered how many of you will be spending their last Christmas in the UK.

Hi,

Yes, definately our last one. We are definately going in 2006, but it could be anytime between February and November (depends when we sell our house).

Shorty
Old Oct 8th 2005, 10:57 pm
Living the Dream!

Mrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond repute

This will be the last christmas that I spend with my family down south.

We will probably still have christmas next year in Uk but it depends on visa application/house sale etc...
Old Oct 8th 2005, 11:03 pm
?????????

paulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Mrs JFW
This will be the last christmas that I spend with my family down south.

We will probably still have christmas next year in Uk but it depends on visa application/house sale etc...
Same here, application goes off in 2 weeks time, flat sale hopefully jan or feb 06.
so probably leaving june/july.
Old Oct 8th 2005, 11:05 pm
Love Tiffany's

Welshie has much to be proud ofWelshie has much to be proud ofWelshie has much to be proud ofWelshie has much to be proud ofWelshie has much to be proud ofWelshie has much to be proud ofWelshie has much to be proud ofWelshie has much to be proud ofWelshie has much to be proud ofWelshie has much to be proud ofWelshie has much to be proud of

yay..last one for us too!! Leave on Jan 9th! whooo hooooooo. Small matter of the house to be sold, but hey we're chilled.. ..I'm leaving anyway....
Old Oct 8th 2005, 11:06 pm
BE Forum Addict

nickyjohnt has a reputation beyond reputenickyjohnt has a reputation beyond reputenickyjohnt has a reputation beyond reputenickyjohnt has a reputation beyond reputenickyjohnt has a reputation beyond reputenickyjohnt has a reputation beyond reputenickyjohnt has a reputation beyond reputenickyjohnt has a reputation beyond reputenickyjohnt has a reputation beyond reputenickyjohnt has a reputation beyond reputenickyjohnt has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by tabby
This will be our last Xmas, flights booked 28.12.05

Hi tabby,

see you are in Poole aswell !

This will be our last xmas in the UK as hopefully we will be going in Jan/ feb, depending on if we sell our house. Seems to be a very slow market down this way at the moment !! Got any tips

Nicky
Old Oct 9th 2005, 1:50 am
Keeping an eye out !

Wickedsid is a name known to allWickedsid is a name known to allWickedsid is a name known to allWickedsid is a name known to allWickedsid is a name known to allWickedsid is a name known to allWickedsid is a name known to allWickedsid is a name known to allWickedsid is a name known to allWickedsid is a name known to allWickedsid is a name known to all

Originally Posted by WacandJill
Just wondered how many of you will be spending their last Christmas in the UK.
We are still awaiting our visas, but are hoping this will be our last Christmas here, and we will be in Australia within 6 months.
I know it may sound sad being as its only October, but we were having a discussion last night about where we will be spending Christmas day this year, Boxing day etc., with which member of family etc.,
We usually have Christmas day on our own, having no children its nice and peaceful, then go visiting family on the other days, who all live miles away. We think maybe this year we should make the effort to meet up with as much family/friends as we can, as hopefully this will be our last. I am one of three children, and Paul is one of eight, so its usually quite hard to see all of them, although a family gathering at the mother in laws on one day could be a way to spend time with most of them.
The other thing is that we havent told them yet of our plans, as we are awaiting the outcome of the visa application first before making any announcements. Perhaps Christmas day wouldnt be the best day to tell our parents!
Anyway, have a lovely Christmas - maybe it will snow?
Yep !!
We fly out on 30th Dec for New Years Eve in Singapore
Last christmas with as many family as we can
Bring it on
Carole x
Old Oct 9th 2005, 1:58 am
sel
~~~

sel has a reputation beyond reputesel has a reputation beyond reputesel has a reputation beyond reputesel has a reputation beyond reputesel has a reputation beyond reputesel has a reputation beyond reputesel has a reputation beyond reputesel has a reputation beyond reputesel has a reputation beyond reputesel has a reputation beyond reputesel has a reputation beyond repute

Will be our last Christmas too ... we are hoping to be in Perth by March/April pending house sale. Family are all well cool about our plans and we have just waved off the MIL as she is off to Goa for 9 months so the next time we see her will be when she comes to stay in Perth which made it all seem more real
Old Oct 9th 2005, 3:17 am
Just Joined

nightingaleblues is on a distinguished road

Hi, This will be my last Xmas in Bonnie Scotland. I'm moving to Melbourne to start nursing. Its been a long hard slog getting through all the red tape, they dont make it very easy or fast,its taken about a year to get through it all. Feeling sadder by the minute at having to say goodbye to everyone, but at least there is one good thing.I Will be spending my last Hogmany/New year in Scotland so better make it a party to remember.
Old Oct 9th 2005, 3:22 am
BE Forum Addict

tracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by nightingaleblues
I Will be spending my last Hogmany/New year in Scotland so better make it a party to remember.
Absolutely. Are you already qualified or going to do your training over there? Whatever, a year isnt too bad all in all, it takes some people a lot longer. Well done

Tracey
Old Oct 9th 2005, 3:33 am
Just Joined

nightingaleblues is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by tracey.d
Absolutely. Are you already qualified or going to do your training over there? Whatever, a year isnt too bad all in all, it takes some people a lot longer. Well done

Tracey
Hi Tracey,
Thanks, I am a qualified RMN and have been for many years, getting on in years ha ha ha. I'm gong to be working in Sunshine Hospital outside Melbourne. Have been told not to be fooled by the name as the area isnt a nice one. I am new to all this but i have put a request for help with any info on where it will be nice to stay on the britvic website.So if you know anyone could help on here would appreciate it. Are you a nurse too
Old Oct 9th 2005, 3:51 am
BE Forum Addict

tracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by nightingaleblues
Hi Tracey,
Thanks, I am a qualified RMN and have been for many years, getting on in years ha ha ha. I'm gong to be working in Sunshine Hospital outside Melbourne. Have been told not to be fooled by the name as the area isnt a nice one. I am new to all this but i have put a request for help with any info on where it will be nice to stay on the britvic website.So if you know anyone could help on here would appreciate it. Are you a nurse too
Yes, I'm a neonatal nurse. I have a job in the Royal Brisbane hospital. Should have started way back in August but still here due to the lack of interest in my house . They are going to keep hold of it for me though as long as possible so hopefully soon, I may be there
Old Oct 9th 2005, 6:20 am

Perthforme is an unknown quantity at this point

Our last one too Should ship stuff just b4 xmass then we arrive jan 10th can't wait

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.