Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Will a wii console and games work in the UK?

Will a wii console and games work in the UK?

Old Apr 15th 2009, 12:45 am
Forum Regular

bradburns2 is on a distinguished road
Default Will a wii console and games work in the UK?

Just wanted to ask the above question, because i've been told in one computer shop, yes it does and no it doesn't in another!!!
If any of you know the right answer and not just guesses, please will you let me know. Thanks.
Old Apr 15th 2009, 1:15 am
Social Grenade Thrower

paddyo has a reputation beyond reputepaddyo has a reputation beyond reputepaddyo has a reputation beyond reputepaddyo has a reputation beyond reputepaddyo has a reputation beyond reputepaddyo has a reputation beyond reputepaddyo has a reputation beyond reputepaddyo has a reputation beyond reputepaddyo has a reputation beyond reputepaddyo has a reputation beyond reputepaddyo has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Will a wii console and games work in the UK?

Originally Posted by bradburns2
Just wanted to ask the above question, because i've been told in one computer shop, yes it does and no it doesn't in another!!!
If any of you know the right answer and not just guesses, please will you let me know. Thanks.
Yes it will, just get an adaptor.
Old Apr 15th 2009, 1:17 am
BE Forum Addict

Gems has a reputation beyond reputeGems has a reputation beyond reputeGems has a reputation beyond reputeGems has a reputation beyond reputeGems has a reputation beyond reputeGems has a reputation beyond reputeGems has a reputation beyond reputeGems has a reputation beyond reputeGems has a reputation beyond reputeGems has a reputation beyond reputeGems has a reputation beyond repute

Yes, it will work with adaptor. European and Aus games work on both consoles too.

Gems
Old Apr 15th 2009, 1:22 am
Gone Walkabout

aussiedreamz is just really niceaussiedreamz is just really niceaussiedreamz is just really niceaussiedreamz is just really niceaussiedreamz is just really niceaussiedreamz is just really niceaussiedreamz is just really niceaussiedreamz is just really niceaussiedreamz is just really nice

Short answer is yes they will work, the console will work as OZ and UK share the same electricity system 240 volt. The games are region coded as PAL for Europe and Australia so should work just fine, I brought my console from the UK and the Oz games work on mine so I shouldn't see why they would not work the other way. You will need an UK adaptor or better still cut the Oz plug off and fit a UK plug to the power cable. If you are still unsure call or email Nintendo for extra piece of mind...
Old Apr 15th 2009, 2:30 am
Forum Regular

Styler is an unknown quantity at this point

They sure do, I sent my nephew one the Christmas before last and it has worked just fine for him. Any new games they buy in the UK work too.
Old Apr 15th 2009, 5:47 am
I'm Old Gregg!

Broad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by bradburns2
Wiis are so last year love!

You need to get yourself a Shii
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_SXNAtwYMBw
Old Apr 15th 2009, 6:35 am
Forum Regular

bradburns2 is on a distinguished road

Thanks for all your replies, i'm glad we can take it back to UK. Didn't want to have to sell this one cheap and then buy new in UK and it cost a fortune.

Thanks also Broadshoulders for introducing me to the shii x