Will TV work?

Old Feb 17th 2009, 10:07 am
Forum Regular

tamaja has a brilliant futuretamaja has a brilliant futuretamaja has a brilliant futuretamaja has a brilliant futuretamaja has a brilliant futuretamaja has a brilliant futuretamaja has a brilliant future
Default Will TV work?

I have a 5 or 6 year old Samsung TV. It's a normal big box TV and not LCD and does not have a scart connection, just av connections. Will it work in Australia or not? Our removals agent said it may not. Thanks for the advice!
Old Feb 17th 2009, 10:16 am
BE Enthusiast

hantsfamily1 has much to be proud ofhantsfamily1 has much to be proud ofhantsfamily1 has much to be proud ofhantsfamily1 has much to be proud ofhantsfamily1 has much to be proud ofhantsfamily1 has much to be proud ofhantsfamily1 has much to be proud ofhantsfamily1 has much to be proud ofhantsfamily1 has much to be proud ofhantsfamily1 has much to be proud ofhantsfamily1 has much to be proud of
Default Re: Will TV work?

If it fits in your container then bring it, a dvd or video or games console will work at the very least.
Old Feb 17th 2009, 10:37 pm
Karma Comedian

jayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond repute

It will also work with Foxtel (Sky) or a digital set top box (under $100)
Old Feb 18th 2009, 12:46 am
BE Forum Addict

pompeyblonde is a splendid one to beholdpompeyblonde is a splendid one to beholdpompeyblonde is a splendid one to beholdpompeyblonde is a splendid one to beholdpompeyblonde is a splendid one to beholdpompeyblonde is a splendid one to beholdpompeyblonde is a splendid one to beholdpompeyblonde is a splendid one to beholdpompeyblonde is a splendid one to beholdpompeyblonde is a splendid one to beholdpompeyblonde is a splendid one to behold

I brought a portable with me that tuned itself in and has a lovely picture, whereas main telly needed box, weird...bring it and see...
Old Feb 18th 2009, 12:55 am
BE Enthusiast

slipshot is a glorious beacon of lightslipshot is a glorious beacon of lightslipshot is a glorious beacon of lightslipshot is a glorious beacon of lightslipshot is a glorious beacon of lightslipshot is a glorious beacon of lightslipshot is a glorious beacon of lightslipshot is a glorious beacon of lightslipshot is a glorious beacon of lightslipshot is a glorious beacon of lightslipshot is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by tamaja
I have a 5 or 6 year old Samsung TV. It's a normal big box TV and not LCD and does not have a scart connection, just av connections. Will it work in Australia or not? Our removals agent said it may not. Thanks for the advice!
Yes it will. Definately. It may need an additional box (foxtel etc) but it will work so bring every TV. Lot cheaper than buying one...

Agents know their stuff eh!
Old Feb 18th 2009, 3:36 am
ABCDiamond

Originally Posted by tamaja
Can it be set to Germany in the country settings ?

If yes, it should work.... (mine does)

United Kingdom uses System I : Colour = PAL : Stereo = Nicam I
Australia uses System B : Colour = PAL : Stereo = Zweiton B/G
Germany uses System B & G : Colour = PAL : Stereo = Zweiton B/G

However...
Australian analogue TV is scheduled to cease transmission from 2010, starting in regional Victoria, moving to Brisbane, the Sunshine Coast and the Gold Coast in the first half of 2013, followed by Sydney, Melbourne, Adelaide and other areas in the final stage of 2013.