Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

will they post a uk card abroad?

will they post a uk card abroad?

Old May 17th 2007, 7:42 pm
BE Forum Addict

Gems has a reputation beyond reputeGems has a reputation beyond reputeGems has a reputation beyond reputeGems has a reputation beyond reputeGems has a reputation beyond reputeGems has a reputation beyond reputeGems has a reputation beyond reputeGems has a reputation beyond reputeGems has a reputation beyond reputeGems has a reputation beyond reputeGems has a reputation beyond repute
Default will they post a uk card abroad?

Hello,

Im not in the uk at the moment.

Ive still got an old halifax account with debit card. Mainly used for Ebay and online stuff.

I didnt swap address just used royal mail redirection!

However just realised the card runs out soon. Will they post me a new card abroad? Or will they not post cards out of the country?
Or will I have to give relatives address in the UK?

They wont let cards go via redirection, so would have to change address. Also Im not due to go to the UK either to collect it at a bank.

GEMS
Old May 17th 2007, 8:03 pm
BE Forum Addict

esperanza has a reputation beyond reputeesperanza has a reputation beyond reputeesperanza has a reputation beyond reputeesperanza has a reputation beyond reputeesperanza has a reputation beyond reputeesperanza has a reputation beyond reputeesperanza has a reputation beyond reputeesperanza has a reputation beyond reputeesperanza has a reputation beyond reputeesperanza has a reputation beyond reputeesperanza has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: will they post a uk card abroad?

Originally Posted by Gems
Hello,

Im not in the uk at the moment.

Ive still got an old halifax account with debit card. Mainly used for Ebay and online stuff.

I didnt swap address just used royal mail redirection!

However just realised the card runs out soon. Will they post me a new card abroad? Or will they not post cards out of the country?
Or will I have to give relatives address in the UK?

They wont let cards go via redirection, so would have to change address. Also Im not due to go to the UK either to collect it at a bank.

GEMS
For God's sake change the address!! And change it for all your other bank accounts too!
You can usually give a foreign address, but you usually have to tell them in writing rather than over the phone. So get it on paper and get it in the post - it won't happen very quickly, but they should then post out your card to you. You could give them a UK address, but you'd still have to instruct them in writing so it wouldn't be any faster. Do it now!
Old May 17th 2007, 8:38 pm
BE Forum Addict

Gems has a reputation beyond reputeGems has a reputation beyond reputeGems has a reputation beyond reputeGems has a reputation beyond reputeGems has a reputation beyond reputeGems has a reputation beyond reputeGems has a reputation beyond reputeGems has a reputation beyond reputeGems has a reputation beyond reputeGems has a reputation beyond reputeGems has a reputation beyond repute

Hello,
didnt change the address as still had a house in the UK. So was living between UK and Prague. As toddler was getting treatment that was unavailable here. Redirection was due to me not being in Prague all the time.

Yep got the form, and filled it in. But wanted to know if I would be able to get a new card and continue banking. Otherwise I would just close the account.

Dont want to waste my time if they wont give me new card. Hence question.

For God's sake change the address!! Is a bit strong??

Without hearing the full story. Yes I do know about identity fraud!
Gems
Old May 17th 2007, 8:44 pm
BE Forum Addict

esperanza has a reputation beyond reputeesperanza has a reputation beyond reputeesperanza has a reputation beyond reputeesperanza has a reputation beyond reputeesperanza has a reputation beyond reputeesperanza has a reputation beyond reputeesperanza has a reputation beyond reputeesperanza has a reputation beyond reputeesperanza has a reputation beyond reputeesperanza has a reputation beyond reputeesperanza has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Gems
Hello,
didnt change the address as still had a house in the UK. So was living between UK and Prague. As toddler was getting treatment that was unavailable here. Redirection was due to me not being in Prague all the time.

Yep got the form, and filled it in. But wanted to know if I would be able to get a new card and continue banking. Otherwise I would just close the account.

Dont want to waste my time if they wont give me new card. Hence question.

For God's sake change the address!! Is a bit strong??

Without hearing the full story. Yes I do know about identity fraud!
Gems
Not meaning to sound rude, but it is very important to have the correct address on your bank accounts. If it's going to your house then obviously not a problem!
As long as the account is operative then there is no reason they wouldn't give you a new card, and as long as you have officially changed your address to abroad then there is no reason that they would not post it to you abroad. Shouldn't be a problem, will just take some time for everything to go back and forth in the postal system.
Hope your little one is alright now?
Old May 17th 2007, 8:44 pm
BE Forum Addict

Ps, I had already cancelled all paperwork for the account months ago. It was only accessible online.
Old May 17th 2007, 8:46 pm
BE Forum Addict

Thanks must have typed at the same time.

Yes, daughter is fine. Was nightmare living between countries. But was tricky treatment that was fairly new to the UK. But was worth the hassle as worked great.

GEMs
Old May 17th 2007, 8:52 pm
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

In answer to the question, we have had new cards sent here with no problem. A credit card and two bank cards. That was First Direct, don't know if others do though.

Last edited by moneypenny20; May 17th 2007 at 9:13 pm. Reason: Oops silly typo
Old May 17th 2007, 9:05 pm
Timelord

DrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by moneypen20
In answer to the question, we have had new cards sent here with no problem. A credit card and two bank cards. That was First Direct, don't know if others don't though.
Lloyds has posted new cards to us in Sydney no probs...