Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Will this stress ever end?

Will this stress ever end?

Old Mar 9th 2006, 5:25 pm
Potton to the Gold Coast

Rob Morton-Jone is a splendid one to beholdRob Morton-Jone is a splendid one to beholdRob Morton-Jone is a splendid one to beholdRob Morton-Jone is a splendid one to beholdRob Morton-Jone is a splendid one to beholdRob Morton-Jone is a splendid one to beholdRob Morton-Jone is a splendid one to beholdRob Morton-Jone is a splendid one to beholdRob Morton-Jone is a splendid one to beholdRob Morton-Jone is a splendid one to beholdRob Morton-Jone is a splendid one to behold
Default Will this stress ever end?

I just cant believe the s**t that we are getting off our buyers at the moment. After giving them an extra £10,000 off the house price and only if we exchange and complete prior to March 24th as there was no upward or downward chain and thought it would be a quick exchange and competion......well....how wrong we were

What with the flights, car hire, accomodation, the shippers, the party etc all booked and a flying out date of March 29th the buyers are still p*****g about getting their mortgage contract signed which should have been done over three weeks ago

On top of that, they have now turnned around and said that they want to complete on the 31st of March because it is convinient for them. F**k convinience for them!

We have constantly said that a completion date of March 24th is the latest for us-We have been constantly been drumming this date into them since they made the offer and have only got a reply today

I relly do not know how these people can sleep at night knowing what stress they are causing. You bend over backwards to please but they just turn around and say "Ah well-Never mind"

Anyway, we have made it quite clear that we want to confirm an exchange date by the latest 5 pm this Friday and we WILL NOT complete any later that the 24th of March-Period.

Sorry to vent my frustrations out like this-and apologies for the swearing moderators (I dont normally swear)

God i need a holiday!...and a beer or two

Rob
Old Mar 9th 2006, 5:32 pm
Happy Member

kris maynard has a reputation beyond reputekris maynard has a reputation beyond reputekris maynard has a reputation beyond reputekris maynard has a reputation beyond reputekris maynard has a reputation beyond reputekris maynard has a reputation beyond reputekris maynard has a reputation beyond reputekris maynard has a reputation beyond reputekris maynard has a reputation beyond reputekris maynard has a reputation beyond reputekris maynard has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Will this stress ever end?

What a nightmare this is the reason I wont book ANYTHING until we have exchanged and set a completion date after reading all the horror stories people have had wont believe our house is actually sold until we exchange!!

Just think wont be long and this will be a distant memory!!!
Hope it all works out for you !!
Fingers Crossed

kris xx
Old Mar 9th 2006, 5:33 pm
Account Closed

iPom is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Rob Morton-Jone
I just cant believe the s**t that we are getting off our buyers at the moment.

Rob, maaaate ... I really feel for you.

We dropped our house price by £15K and when the surveyor's report came through they started quibbling with the price again. We stuck to our guns and told them £15K off the sale price was enough to replace the side fence and that we weren't dropping the price any.
They also wanted to complete on the 31st, same day as exchange, but we told them no way.
You're the seller, you fix the dates. I know they've sort of got you over a barrel as you want to go to Aus but they're committed too, so don't be afraid to stick to your guns.

We're completing on the 6th April, a week after exchange.

Good luck.

And have a beer on me.
Old Mar 9th 2006, 5:35 pm
Account Closed

Rooksie is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by kris maynard
What a nightmare this is the reason I wont book ANYTHING until we have exchanged and set a completion date after reading all the horror stories people have had wont believe our house is actually sold until we exchange!!

Just think wont be long and this will be a distant memory!!!
Hope it all works out for you !!
Fingers Crossed

kris xx
DITTO
Old Mar 9th 2006, 5:38 pm
Potton to the Gold Coast

Rob Morton-Jone is a splendid one to beholdRob Morton-Jone is a splendid one to beholdRob Morton-Jone is a splendid one to beholdRob Morton-Jone is a splendid one to beholdRob Morton-Jone is a splendid one to beholdRob Morton-Jone is a splendid one to beholdRob Morton-Jone is a splendid one to beholdRob Morton-Jone is a splendid one to beholdRob Morton-Jone is a splendid one to beholdRob Morton-Jone is a splendid one to beholdRob Morton-Jone is a splendid one to behold

The agreement was to give the buyers an extra 10K off the asking price ONLY if we exchange and complete on or before the 24th of March

The chances are that it will happen but knowing that we are off in 20 days does not really help

Another beer....

Rob
Old Mar 9th 2006, 5:42 pm
has lost The Game

Swerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond repute

I just cant believe the s**t that we are getting off our buyers at the moment. After giving them an extra £10,000 off the house price and only if we exchange and complete prior to March 24th as there was no upward or downward chain and thought it would be a quick exchange and competion......well....how wrong we were

What with the flights, car hire, accomodation, the shippers, the party etc all booked and a flying out date of March 29th the buyers are still p*****g about getting their mortgage contract signed which should have been done over three weeks ago

On top of that, they have now turnned around and said that they want to complete on the 31st of March because it is convinient for them. F**k convinience for them!

We have constantly said that a completion date of March 24th is the latest for us-We have been constantly been drumming this date into them since they made the offer and have only got a reply today

I relly do not know how these people can sleep at night knowing what stress they are causing. You bend over backwards to please but they just turn around and say "Ah well-Never mind"

Anyway, we have made it quite clear that we want to confirm an exchange date by the latest 5 pm this Friday and we WILL NOT complete any later that the 24th of March-Period.

Sorry to vent my frustrations out like this-and apologies for the swearing moderators (I dont normally swear)

Rob
I'm hearing you Rob - I went through all of this last year. I ended up postponing my leaving date, then along came a plum job offer for a couple of months and I'm still here now.

It will sort itself out eventually, but it can be so bloody frustrating. My buyer had to re-negotiate her mortgage half way through the deal, then it took an age for everything to get into place. The strange thing was that she was as keen to get moved in as I was to get moved out - the real problem lay with her mortgage company, who had no concept of urgency, just dragged their feet for so long.

Anyway, in the end, myself and my buyer became good friends, and she is coming out to visit when I go later in the year. In the end I think that I was pretty glad that I hadn't booked any tickets, as this gave me more flexibility.

Hang in there - it will work out.

S
Old Mar 9th 2006, 5:53 pm
BE Enthusiast

Louise M has a reputation beyond reputeLouise M has a reputation beyond reputeLouise M has a reputation beyond reputeLouise M has a reputation beyond reputeLouise M has a reputation beyond reputeLouise M has a reputation beyond reputeLouise M has a reputation beyond reputeLouise M has a reputation beyond reputeLouise M has a reputation beyond reputeLouise M has a reputation beyond reputeLouise M has a reputation beyond repute

Rob
Crikey, what a pain in the proverbial! Fingers x'ed for you.
The surveyor is coming tomorrow to check out our house. Hope there's no problem. I'm nearly bald as it is.

However, our buyer has already changed his address with his bank and post arrived for him today. How weird is that?

Lou
Old Mar 9th 2006, 5:56 pm
Potton to the Gold Coast

Thats what we have had Lou.

We have received mail already for the buyers

Rob

Originally Posted by Louise M
Crikey, what a pain in the proverbial! Fingers x'ed for you.
The surveyor is coming tomorrow to check out our house. Hope there's no problem. I'm nearly bald as it is.

However, our buyer has already changed his address with his bank and post arrived for him today. How weird is that?

Lou
Old Mar 9th 2006, 5:58 pm
Account Closed

iPom is an unknown quantity at this point

Rob

Freaky!
Well at least you know they're serious!!!
Old Mar 9th 2006, 6:05 pm
BE Forum Addict

grahampaula is a splendid one to beholdgrahampaula is a splendid one to beholdgrahampaula is a splendid one to beholdgrahampaula is a splendid one to beholdgrahampaula is a splendid one to beholdgrahampaula is a splendid one to beholdgrahampaula is a splendid one to beholdgrahampaula is a splendid one to beholdgrahampaula is a splendid one to beholdgrahampaula is a splendid one to beholdgrahampaula is a splendid one to behold

I just cant believe the s**t that we are getting off our buyers at the moment. After giving them an extra £10,000 off the house price and only if we exchange and complete prior to March 24th as there was no upward or downward chain and thought it would be a quick exchange and competion......well....how wrong we http://67.18.37.15/291/67/emo/1011.gif[/

What with the flights, car hire, accomodation, the shippers, the party etc all booked and a flying out date of March 29th the buyers are still p*****g about getting their mortgage contract signed which should have been done over three weeks ago ]http://67.18.37.15/html/

Rob
Don't worry it will all work out in the end. We have had our house on the market for three weeks and we still haven't had an enquiry yet so it might be a long long time before we hit the Gold Coast, but hopefully not too long.

Good luck and best wishes to you all
Old Mar 9th 2006, 6:24 pm
Banned

Gollywobbler is just really niceGollywobbler is just really niceGollywobbler is just really niceGollywobbler is just really niceGollywobbler is just really niceGollywobbler is just really niceGollywobbler is just really niceGollywobbler is just really niceGollywobbler is just really nice

Rob
How bloody presumptuous and ill-mannered. Feel for you, mate.
Old Mar 9th 2006, 8:19 pm
BE Enthusiast

The Johnstons is a splendid one to beholdThe Johnstons is a splendid one to beholdThe Johnstons is a splendid one to beholdThe Johnstons is a splendid one to beholdThe Johnstons is a splendid one to beholdThe Johnstons is a splendid one to beholdThe Johnstons is a splendid one to beholdThe Johnstons is a splendid one to beholdThe Johnstons is a splendid one to beholdThe Johnstons is a splendid one to beholdThe Johnstons is a splendid one to behold

Swear away, you're totally justified I leave for Aus on the 25th March but our house sale doesn't complete until the 13th April. We just had to take the chance that it would be ok. So stressful! Have another
Tracey
Old Mar 10th 2006, 6:46 am
Potton to the Gold Coast

Well, today is another day so we should (hopefully) have some solid news on when we are exchanging and completing so watch this space.......

Rob
Old Mar 10th 2006, 7:19 am
BE Enthusiast

Gold Coaster has a reputation beyond reputeGold Coaster has a reputation beyond reputeGold Coaster has a reputation beyond reputeGold Coaster has a reputation beyond reputeGold Coaster has a reputation beyond reputeGold Coaster has a reputation beyond reputeGold Coaster has a reputation beyond reputeGold Coaster has a reputation beyond reputeGold Coaster has a reputation beyond reputeGold Coaster has a reputation beyond reputeGold Coaster has a reputation beyond repute

Rob,

No words of comfort will help you mate as I have been there and done that.

All I will say is that you will get there in the end and it will all be worth it.

Have some k mate