Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

This will set the cat among the pidgeons...sense of humour required...

This will set the cat among the pidgeons...sense of humour required...

Old Jul 1st 2004, 12:13 pm
BE Enthusiast

Olibeneli has a reputation beyond reputeOlibeneli has a reputation beyond reputeOlibeneli has a reputation beyond reputeOlibeneli has a reputation beyond reputeOlibeneli has a reputation beyond reputeOlibeneli has a reputation beyond reputeOlibeneli has a reputation beyond reputeOlibeneli has a reputation beyond reputeOlibeneli has a reputation beyond reputeOlibeneli has a reputation beyond reputeOlibeneli has a reputation beyond repute
Default This will set the cat among the pidgeons...sense of humour required...

Did anyone hear Radio 4 this morning ?

John Humphries interviewed the Australian high commissioner to the UK about the fact that Oz is seeking specific people to migrate to certain outlying regions.

Before this, they played a tape of the comedian Al Murray (The Pub Landlord) who was talking about why Oz needs people from the UK and why the UK needs people from Oz.

It was hilarious.....

Oz needs UK teachers, doctors, nurses, plumbers, sparkys, etc etc

UK needs Oz people because the are genetically modified to work at the front line of UK pubs........web hands to catch overspills, marsupial pouch to hold the bombay mix, padded feet to silently go round collecting glasses..........I can't think of any more I was laughing too much.....

Very funny and I hope Oz people can laugh at themselves in the same way I laugh at myself when people take the mick......nothing is actually meant to harm anyone, it's a joke.

He suggested that the UK swaps some nurses and teachers for.......a couple of spin bowlers, three good batsman and a wicket keeper !..................so he balanced his funny speech....

The Oz high commissioner bloke put the world to rights don't worry.

Last edited by Olibeneli; Jul 1st 2004 at 12:19 pm.