Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

will the rain ever stop !!

will the rain ever stop !!

Old Oct 25th 2004, 1:47 am
BE Enthusiast

marysidey is just really nicemarysidey is just really nicemarysidey is just really nicemarysidey is just really nicemarysidey is just really nicemarysidey is just really nicemarysidey is just really nicemarysidey is just really nicemarysidey is just really nicemarysidey is just really nicemarysidey is just really nice
Default will the rain ever stop !!

Well its 2.45 AM here the rain is keeping me awake in fact its driving me mad and I have t o get up for work in 3.5 hours !!
just felt a need to share that one with you especially those of you in the sunshine I expect its the noise from the air con keeps you awake
oh god bring me sunshine !!!
Old Oct 25th 2004, 1:49 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

willmore has disabled reputation
Default Re: will the rain ever stop !!

Originally Posted by marysidey
Well its 2.45 AM here the rain is keeping me awake in fact its driving me mad and I have t o get up for work in 3.5 hours !!
just felt a need to share that one with you especially those of you in the sunshine I expect its the noise from the air con keeps you awake
We live in Victoria, BC Canada and get a tremendous of amount every year living on an island. We had 2 full weeks of nothing but rain and wind....the last 3 days we had sunshine for a couple of hours each day...enough to at least take the kids to the beach......I will try to send you some of the little sunshine we're getting here......but with fall and winter setting in....time is very short for nice weather any longer.
Old Oct 25th 2004, 1:50 am
rudo1ph

We just had a HUGE downpour last night in Sydney........but apparently we need another 7 days just like it for our dams to get fulll up (or to a "safe" level). So please feel free to send it on over here so you can get some sleep.

Rudi

Old Oct 25th 2004, 1:55 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

willmore has disabled reputation

Originally Posted by rudo1ph
We just had a HUGE downpour last night in Sydney........but apparently we need another 7 days just like it for our dams to get fulll up (or to a "safe" level). So please feel free to send it on over here so you can get some sleep.

Rudi
You must be going into your spring/summer season. We had the same problem last year on the island.....severe water restrictions and hazard fire conditions.....because our damns were so low.....for the entire summer....now of course we complaining because they're so high..........(can never win).......
Old Oct 25th 2004, 1:57 am
BE Enthusiast

marysidey is just really nicemarysidey is just really nicemarysidey is just really nicemarysidey is just really nicemarysidey is just really nicemarysidey is just really nicemarysidey is just really nicemarysidey is just really nicemarysidey is just really nicemarysidey is just really nicemarysidey is just really nice

Originally Posted by rudo1ph

Rudi
the rain hasnt actually stopped for any length of time here for weeks Grrr
I'd blow the clouds your way but we dont have a sky anymore just one big cloud and its not even officially winter yet still its good for the garden so they say
Old Oct 25th 2004, 2:01 am
Forum Regular

kath n kim has a spectacular aura aboutkath n kim has a spectacular aura aboutkath n kim has a spectacular aura about

Sorry, it's not the rain keeping me awake here at night (wish it was, at least you know the rain WILL stop......eventually!) It's the bloody BATS!
They go on all night, then when they eventually do stop.........The bloody birds start!!
Still, I must be honest...It IS nice when you eventually give in and admit defeat (your just not going to get any sleep!) and get up......
It's glorious sunshine outside!!!
Old Oct 25th 2004, 12:24 pm
Moved out bush!

jensteve has much to be proud ofjensteve has much to be proud ofjensteve has much to be proud ofjensteve has much to be proud ofjensteve has much to be proud ofjensteve has much to be proud ofjensteve has much to be proud ofjensteve has much to be proud ofjensteve has much to be proud ofjensteve has much to be proud ofjensteve has much to be proud of

It did that last wednesday night in Perth, kept me awake untill 2am, so be prepared for rain, torrential rain, oh and the lightening and thunder.
Talking of which for those who remember the nuclear tv advert for what to do in an nuclear emergency well on tv today we had a storm and lightening advert, with the same sorts of pictures. I sat rigid staring at the telly, I couldn't believe what I was seeing. It even showed a family huddled in a bathroom hiding under a doona to shield them from the breaking glass!!
Jenny