Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Will it be possible for us?

Will it be possible for us?

Old Oct 3rd 2006, 10:43 am
Just Joined

JayneEH will become famous soon enoughJayneEH will become famous soon enough
Default Will it be possible for us?

Hi, I'm just wondering if anyone will be able to tell me if it's worth getting all excited about the possibility of migrating to Australia?

I've looked at the list of trades in demand. My hubby is a metering engineer, in that he installs electric meters into homes/factories/schools etc for a national power company. He has no City and Guilds qualifications but has been on the job trained and has done the job for at least 5 years (I think, need to check with him). His qualifications/certificates are all from his employer.

I don't want to get my hopes up only for them to say he's not qualified in the area they want or that he's not had enough experience.

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance
Jayne
Old Oct 3rd 2006, 10:54 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Will it be possible for us?

Originally Posted by JayneEH
Hi, I'm just wondering if anyone will be able to tell me if it's worth getting all excited about the possibility of migrating to Australia?

I've looked at the list of trades in demand. My hubby is a metering engineer, in that he installs electric meters into homes/factories/schools etc for a national power company. He has no City and Guilds qualifications but has been on the job trained and has done the job for at least 5 years (I think, need to check with him). His qualifications/certificates are all from his employer.

I don't want to get my hopes up only for them to say he's not qualified in the area they want or that he's not had enough experience.

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance
Jayne
Get in touch with a really good agent who knows his TRA stuff.

Try Glenn Newton http://www.alms.com.au/
Old Oct 3rd 2006, 10:55 am
Australia's Doorman

Hutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Will it be possible for us?

Originally Posted by JayneEH

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance
Jayne
Hi guys - welcome to the forum. Your best bet for this sort of query is the immigration forum, which you can find here. Various agents prowl the forums and will give you decent advice.