Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Will our food mixer work in Oz?

Will our food mixer work in Oz?

Old Oct 6th 2006, 10:30 am
BE Enthusiast

Dicko has a reputation beyond reputeDicko has a reputation beyond reputeDicko has a reputation beyond reputeDicko has a reputation beyond reputeDicko has a reputation beyond reputeDicko has a reputation beyond reputeDicko has a reputation beyond reputeDicko has a reputation beyond reputeDicko has a reputation beyond reputeDicko has a reputation beyond reputeDicko has a reputation beyond repute
Wink Will our food mixer work in Oz?

Hi there everyone,
When we came to Australia a while ago, we brought with us a food mixer.
This item means a lot to us, and is approx 20 years old, but it really does the job, it mixes all sorts of food and everything.
This still has the standard UK 3 pin plug on it, we have decided to try and get it to work.
Can anyone advise us if it will work over here?

I know it has the same voltage and everything, but if I took it to a shop do you think they would convert it to an Oz type mixer??

Appreciate any help on this.

Cheers

Old Oct 6th 2006, 10:40 am
Master of verbal pish©

soapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Will our food mixer work in Oz?

Originally Posted by Dicko
Hi there everyone,
This item means a lot to us, and is approx 20 years old, but it really does the job, it mixes all sorts of food and everything.
This still has the standard UK 3 pin plug on it, we have decided to try and get it to work.

I know it has the same voltage and everything, but if I took it to a shop do you think they would convert it to an Oz type mixer??

Cheers

very good question !

why dont u just bare wire the thing. it will keep the kids away from it.
one jolt should do the trick
Old Oct 6th 2006, 10:40 am
BE Forum Addict

KatieStar is a splendid one to beholdKatieStar is a splendid one to beholdKatieStar is a splendid one to beholdKatieStar is a splendid one to beholdKatieStar is a splendid one to beholdKatieStar is a splendid one to beholdKatieStar is a splendid one to beholdKatieStar is a splendid one to beholdKatieStar is a splendid one to beholdKatieStar is a splendid one to beholdKatieStar is a splendid one to behold

Hi there everyone,

Cheers

I shipped over my Kenwood food processor and use it fine here. I plug it into an adaptor so it fits into the Aussie sockets. Alternatively you can just cut off the old UK plug and replace with an Aussie plug (hubby got some from Bunnings and did this to our UK computer).
Old Oct 6th 2006, 10:41 am
I'm driving me nuts

The Genie has much to be proud ofThe Genie has much to be proud ofThe Genie has much to be proud ofThe Genie has much to be proud ofThe Genie has much to be proud ofThe Genie has much to be proud ofThe Genie has much to be proud ofThe Genie has much to be proud ofThe Genie has much to be proud ofThe Genie has much to be proud ofThe Genie has much to be proud of

Cheers

In that they will make the mixer go the other way round??
Old Oct 6th 2006, 10:41 am
Master of verbal pish©

soapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by KatieStar
I shipped over my Kenwood food processor and use it fine here. I plug it into an adaptor so it fits into the Aussie sockets. Alternatively you can just cut off the old UK plug and replace with an Aussie plug (hubby got some from Bunnings and did this to our UK computer).
no u cant, i rmbr a big long thread on here saying u need an electrician for this

please dont do a search for it, i couldnt take it again
Old Oct 6th 2006, 10:44 am
BE Enthusiast

Dicko has a reputation beyond reputeDicko has a reputation beyond reputeDicko has a reputation beyond reputeDicko has a reputation beyond reputeDicko has a reputation beyond reputeDicko has a reputation beyond reputeDicko has a reputation beyond reputeDicko has a reputation beyond reputeDicko has a reputation beyond reputeDicko has a reputation beyond reputeDicko has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by soapy
no u cant, i rmbr a big long thread on here saying u need an electrician for this

Brilliant m8.
Glad you get me
Old Oct 6th 2006, 10:45 am
BE Forum Addict

KatieStar is a splendid one to beholdKatieStar is a splendid one to beholdKatieStar is a splendid one to beholdKatieStar is a splendid one to beholdKatieStar is a splendid one to beholdKatieStar is a splendid one to beholdKatieStar is a splendid one to beholdKatieStar is a splendid one to beholdKatieStar is a splendid one to beholdKatieStar is a splendid one to beholdKatieStar is a splendid one to behold

I guess that can't be true LOL or they wouldn't sell plugs in Bunnings. I am easily wound up LOL. I remember them teaching us in school how to rewire a plug, I still wouldn't have a clue, I am glad I have a hubby, he is useful for some things
Old Oct 6th 2006, 10:47 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by The Genie
In that they will make the mixer go the other way round??

Never thought of that, just like the water down the plug hole eh

Cheers
BE Forum Addict

Brilliant m8.
Glad you get me
I still don't get it LOL
Master of verbal pish©

I guess that can't be true LOL or they wouldn't sell plugs in Bunnings. I am easily wound up LOL. I remember them teaching us in school how to rewire a plug, I still wouldn't have a clue, I am glad I have a hubby, he is useful for some things
it is true, honest.
u can buy them at bunnings so an electrician can fit them lol
Old Oct 6th 2006, 10:48 am
Master of verbal pish©

Brilliant m8.
Glad you get me
just worked oot who the mixer is lmao
Old Oct 6th 2006, 10:49 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

That was in the UK. Not supposed to do it here

As for the food mixer, not only does it mix the other way round, but it has to be on the ceiling while mixing, you are in down-under land remember where everything is upside down
Old Oct 6th 2006, 10:50 am
BE Forum Addict

just worked oot who the mixer is lmao
LMAO I get it too now Finally.
Old Oct 6th 2006, 10:50 am
I'm driving me nuts

The Genie has much to be proud ofThe Genie has much to be proud ofThe Genie has much to be proud ofThe Genie has much to be proud ofThe Genie has much to be proud ofThe Genie has much to be proud ofThe Genie has much to be proud ofThe Genie has much to be proud ofThe Genie has much to be proud ofThe Genie has much to be proud ofThe Genie has much to be proud of

Never thought of that, just like the water down the plug hole eh

Cheers
Old Oct 6th 2006, 10:53 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Pollyana
That was in the UK. Not supposed to do it here

As for the food mixer, not only does it mix the other way round, but it has to be on the ceiling while mixing, you are in down-under land remember where everything is upside down
LOL you guys are really serious Oh well jobs a good 'un now. I am typing on computer with hubby's dodgy wiring job on it now :scared:

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.