Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Will our DVD player work?

Will our DVD player work?

Old Jun 23rd 2011, 9:14 pm
paradise in the redlands

neil.b is just really niceneil.b is just really niceneil.b is just really niceneil.b is just really niceneil.b is just really niceneil.b is just really niceneil.b is just really niceneil.b is just really niceneil.b is just really niceneil.b is just really niceneil.b is just really nice
Default Re: Will our DVD player work?

Originally Posted by vicstick
Hi
Just wondering. We bought a little DVD player about 2 years ago. Our children have a lot of favourite films to bring. We know our TV won't work out there but will our player connect to Aussie TV (and work?)
Also what about DVD's bought in UK? Do they have to be region 4 to work in Aussie DVD player?
Cheers,
V
To de-regionalise your player, go to videohelp.com, find your dvd player from the menu. Its shows you how to make your player multi regional.
Old Jun 23rd 2011, 9:17 pm
paradise in the redlands

neil.b is just really niceneil.b is just really niceneil.b is just really niceneil.b is just really niceneil.b is just really niceneil.b is just really niceneil.b is just really niceneil.b is just really niceneil.b is just really niceneil.b is just really niceneil.b is just really nice

Originally Posted by Pollyana
Just been into Good Guys in Brisbane cos my dvd player has finally breathed its last. The ONLY region free they do is $29 All their expensive stuff is region-tied.

I asked him what happened to Region-free and he reckons they are phasing them out........
The salesman did say that if I bought an Aus Region one I could unlock it with the "universal unlock code of L004" but as thats contrary to everything i've read about having to go online and find the right code for the player I took that with a pinch of salt. If I'm wrong and there now IS a universal unlock code I'll go back and get something flasher but for now $29 will do nicely. I've had problems in the past possessing one of very few dvd players that couldn't be unlocked by anyone anywhere.
Apparantly according to a rellie, who is big into electronics, all dvd players are made multi regional, but the manufacturers choose to lock them down, to increase export sales.
Old Jun 24th 2011, 12:54 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by neil.b
Apparantly according to a rellie, who is big into electronics, all dvd players are made multi regional, but the manufacturers choose to lock them down, to increase export sales.

Yeah that figures! Money grabbinv gits! I was surprised though having often read on here that most Aus ones are multiregion
Old Jun 24th 2011, 1:23 am
BE Enthusiast

Fluid36 is a splendid one to beholdFluid36 is a splendid one to beholdFluid36 is a splendid one to beholdFluid36 is a splendid one to beholdFluid36 is a splendid one to beholdFluid36 is a splendid one to beholdFluid36 is a splendid one to beholdFluid36 is a splendid one to beholdFluid36 is a splendid one to beholdFluid36 is a splendid one to beholdFluid36 is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by vicstick
Hi
Just wondering. We bought a little DVD player about 2 years ago. Our children have a lot of favourite films to bring. We know our TV won't work out there but will our player connect to Aussie TV (and work?)
Also what about DVD's bought in UK? Do they have to be region 4 to work in Aussie DVD player?
Cheers,
V
TVs are the only cheap thing here so you'll be able to pick up a good 40 inch HD LCD for $500
Old Jun 24th 2011, 1:37 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

spartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Pollyana
Ring Good Guys at Lutwyche and ask for the gormless looking geek, maybe he can tell you? ;D
I've recently moved to Dick Smiths at Chermside, tell her she can call me there.
Old Jun 24th 2011, 6:34 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by spartacus
I've recently moved to Dick Smiths at Chermside, tell her she can call me there.
Very recent, you were in Good Guys yesterday!!