Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Will ockers call me a poof?

Will ockers call me a poof?

Old Sep 23rd 2003, 9:47 am
BE Forum Addict

cadman is a glorious beacon of lightcadman is a glorious beacon of lightcadman is a glorious beacon of lightcadman is a glorious beacon of lightcadman is a glorious beacon of lightcadman is a glorious beacon of lightcadman is a glorious beacon of lightcadman is a glorious beacon of lightcadman is a glorious beacon of lightcadman is a glorious beacon of lightcadman is a glorious beacon of light
Question Will ockers call me a poof?

Although I still have the occasional beer I mainly drink wine these days, I know that Aussies are getting more and more into wine but does it mean people will call me a "great big wine drinking bladdy poof" when I go to Oz?

I mean, if it was a lunchtime drink I would have a beer but if it's a longer term session e.g. a barbie then I'd rather drink wine.

Just wondered, want to fit in when we go etc.
Old Sep 23rd 2003, 10:01 am
Banned

mr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Will ockers call me a poof?

Originally posted by cadman
Although I still have the occasional beer I mainly drink wine these days, I know that Aussies are getting more and more into wine but does it mean people will call me a "great big wine drinking bladdy poof" when I go to Oz?

I mean, if it was a lunchtime drink I would have a beer but if it's a longer term session e.g. a barbie then I'd rather drink wine.

ONLY if you can,t drink a 750ml bottle of PENFOLDS cabinet sauviginon on yer own............. MM
Old Sep 23rd 2003, 10:05 am
BE Forum Addict

cadman is a glorious beacon of lightcadman is a glorious beacon of lightcadman is a glorious beacon of lightcadman is a glorious beacon of lightcadman is a glorious beacon of lightcadman is a glorious beacon of lightcadman is a glorious beacon of lightcadman is a glorious beacon of lightcadman is a glorious beacon of lightcadman is a glorious beacon of lightcadman is a glorious beacon of light

Originally posted by mr mover
ONLY if you can,t drink a 750ml bottle of PENFOLDS cabinet sauviginon on yer own............. MM
No worries!
Old Sep 23rd 2003, 10:15 am
Rocket Scientist

Location: Dreamland AKA Brisbane which is a different country to the UK
MrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond repute

Why on earth would you think that people would call you that?

We have some of the best & the largest range of wines in the world I believe. People over here do drink wine & other alcohol apart from beer, hell we even have electricity but only in the capital cities.
Old Sep 23rd 2003, 10:35 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally posted by MrsDagboy
Why on earth would you think that people would call you that?

We have some of the best & the largest range of wines in the world I believe. People over here do drink wine & other alcohol apart from beer, hell we even have electricity but only in the capital cities.
I am fully aware of the quality and range of Australian wine, god knows I've done my research

It's just that you read so much about the beer drinking culture/chauvanism prevalent there, and as I don't drink much beer these days wondered how people are treated.

I would have no problem having the piss taken out of me, just wondered.
Incidentally, Oz may have electricity but as we all know, it still has Tupperware parties etc.!
Old Sep 23rd 2003, 10:38 am
Rocket Scientist

MrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond repute

It's just that you read so much about the beer drinking culture/chauvanism prevalent there, and as I don't drink much beer these days wondered how people are treated.
Just proves you shouldnt believe everything you read
Old Sep 23rd 2003, 11:36 am
WBB

you cant beat a good glass of wine.

lets show these aussies some culture.

Old Sep 23rd 2003, 1:39 pm
BE Forum Addict

Just proves you shouldnt believe everything you read

Cookie and his mate Bob from the bar in the Country Practice, LAf from Home and Away, etc.etc. have a lot to answer to !
Old Sep 23rd 2003, 1:58 pm
Rocket Scientist

Cookie and his mate Bob from the bar in the Country Practice, LAf from Home and Away, etc.etc. have a lot to answer to !
You shouldn't believe everything you watch on tv either obviously.
Old Sep 23rd 2003, 2:00 pm
BE Forum Addict

You shouldn't believe everything you watch on tv either obviously.
DAMN !!!

Anyway, I heard that.........

Last edited by cadman; Sep 23rd 2003 at 2:04 pm.
Old Sep 23rd 2003, 2:29 pm
Forum Regular

Bella will become famous soon enough

Jeez, I don't drink at all, how on earth will I fare?.......
Old Sep 23rd 2003, 2:50 pm
I'm lovin' it

chippy is a name known to allchippy is a name known to allchippy is a name known to allchippy is a name known to allchippy is a name known to allchippy is a name known to allchippy is a name known to allchippy is a name known to allchippy is a name known to allchippy is a name known to allchippy is a name known to all

Forget about the wine drinking mate. Just don't tell 'em that when you had the chance to call yourself any name you wanted you chose "CADMAN".
:beer

Last edited by chippy; Sep 23rd 2003 at 2:52 pm.
Old Sep 23rd 2003, 2:57 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally posted by chippy
Forget about the wine drinking mate. Just don't tell 'em that when you had the chance to call yourself any name you wanted you chose "CADMAN".

Is this the start of the toughening up process ?

What with you and Mrs. Dagboy I'm starting to question every aspect of my life!

although I do think it's a bit rich Chippy, questioning my user name as it's my job and I presume you are a carpenter

anyway, I AM CADMAN !!!!, to the rescue !!! I will draw your house extensions for large sums of money and give it to the poor!!!! (the last bit is a lie, sorry)
Old Sep 23rd 2003, 3:27 pm
I'm lovin' it

chippy is a name known to allchippy is a name known to allchippy is a name known to allchippy is a name known to allchippy is a name known to allchippy is a name known to allchippy is a name known to allchippy is a name known to allchippy is a name known to allchippy is a name known to allchippy is a name known to all

Is this the start of the toughening up process ?

What with you and Mrs. Dagboy I'm starting to question every aspect of my life!

although I do think it's a bit rich Chippy, questioning my user name as it's my job and I presume you are a carpenter

anyway, I AM CADMAN !!!!, to the rescue !!! I will draw your house extensions for large sums of money and give it to the poor!!!! (the last bit is a lie, sorry)
Glad to see you've got a sense of humour ya poof, I mean Cad, er... I mean Cadman.
Old Sep 23rd 2003, 4:34 pm
Nov 27th 2003: Brisbane

BrisbaneBrummie is an unknown quantity at this point

I like a good bottle of red.....also love lager.......all depends on the situation......

At the Gabba last year, I was drinking Rum & coke all day! Yum yum

But when I watch the footie......its lager

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.