Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Will my CCJ follow me to OZ?

Will my CCJ follow me to OZ?

Old May 18th 2005, 4:56 am
superam74

Default Will my CCJ follow me to OZ?

Hi Everyone, just over a year ago I was a bit slow paying a water bill & I ended up getting a CCJ (the bill was then paid immediatly)
Question1: Will this or any other blip on my credit rating affect my migration application?
Question2:CCJ's stay on your credit rating for 5 years,so will I still have it hanging around my neck when I'm trying to get a mortgage in Melbourne.
Regards ,Pete.

MAR04 TRA'S sent
JUL04 TRA'S passed
NOV04 Main application submitted
DEC04 Main application returned along with refund & letter saying TRA's not included (which they were)
MARO5 Main application re-submitted

Last edited by superam74; May 18th 2005 at 5:09 am.

Old May 18th 2005, 5:48 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Will my CCJ follow me to OZ?

Your credit rating doesn't come with you, and unless you tell anyone about your CCJ no-one here would know.
Old May 20th 2005, 5:08 am
superam74

Originally Posted by Pollyana
Your credit rating doesn't come with you, and unless you tell anyone about your CCJ no-one here would know.
Thanks' ,That is great news!

Old May 20th 2005, 6:13 am

Vanessa is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by superam74
Thanks' ,That is great news!
If you paid the CCJ straight away then the record held should show that the debt was satisfied and there should be no problem in this country either. You can check your credit rating for a small fee (I believe £2) at www.experian.co.uk - excellent website and will answer all your questions.

Vanessa