Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Will an internet cafe allow me to..

Will an internet cafe allow me to..

Old Jun 18th 2005, 7:29 am
Forum Regular

extrameant is just really niceextrameant is just really niceextrameant is just really niceextrameant is just really niceextrameant is just really niceextrameant is just really niceextrameant is just really niceextrameant is just really niceextrameant is just really niceextrameant is just really niceextrameant is just really nice
Default Will an internet cafe allow me to..

Do these places let you plug in a CF card and also a USB stick to transfer data? I have a Compact Flash card for a camera and I would like to be able to take the pictures off the CF card and put them onto my USB memory.
Would I need to take a USB cf card reader, or do they have CF card readers?
Old Jun 18th 2005, 7:34 am
Tupperware's #1 fan

JayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud of
Default Re: Will an internet cafe allow me to..

Originally Posted by extrameant
Do these places let you plug in a CF card and also a USB stick to transfer data? I have a Compact Flash card for a camera and I would like to be able to take the pictures off the CF card and put them onto my USB memory.
Some do and some don't, I'm afraid it is a matter of trying a few different places.

Kala
Old Jun 18th 2005, 7:50 am
Forum Regular

extrameant is just really niceextrameant is just really niceextrameant is just really niceextrameant is just really niceextrameant is just really niceextrameant is just really niceextrameant is just really niceextrameant is just really niceextrameant is just really niceextrameant is just really niceextrameant is just really nice

Thanks for that. We are arriving in Melbourne for our validation trip tomorrow, so if some cafes allow it, I will find them. The CF card reader is small enough to take on chance anyway. I have never actually used an internet cafe so have no idea what they allow, and it was a last minute thought.
The CF card is a 1Gb card but it only takes 80 photos on full res so it is possible we will fill it so the usb memory would be a good back up.
Many thanks again.
Old Jun 18th 2005, 7:54 am
Tupperware's #1 fan

JayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud of

Thanks for that. We are arriving in Melbourne for our validation trip tomorrow, so if some cafes allow it, I will find them. The CF card reader is small enough to take on chance anyway. I have never actually used an internet cafe so have no idea what they allow, and it was a last minute thought.
The CF card is a 1Gb card but it only takes 80 photos on full res so it is possible we will fill it so the usb memory would be a good back up.
Many thanks again.

Yeah in Melbourne you will be able to find somewhere no prob. many places will also let you download your photo's onto CD for a couple of $$, this is usually a lot cheaper to do in a internet cafe than in a photo store.

Another thought, if you are coming through Hong Kong or no doubt other places in Asia is to get another memory stick there, they are usually quite a bit cheaper.

Have a good validation trip

Kala
Old Jun 18th 2005, 8:01 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by JayDeee
Yeah in Melbourne you will be able to find somewhere no prob. many places will also let you download your photo's onto CD for a couple of $$, this is usually a lot cheaper to do in a internet cafe than in a photo store.

Another thought, if you are coming through Hong Kong or no doubt other places in Asia is to get another memory stick there, they are usually quite a bit cheaper.

Have a good validation trip

Kala
I hope I don't go through Hong Kong, I am coming from New Zealand. I imagine my baggage has a good chance of seeing asia though.
Old Jun 18th 2005, 8:06 am
Tupperware's #1 fan

I hope I don't go through Hong Kong, I am coming from New Zealand. I imagine my baggage has a good chance of seeing asia though.

AHHHHHHHHHHHH ope you don't wanna go through HKG then
Old Jun 18th 2005, 9:25 am
Forum Regular

LindyLoo is a jewel in the roughLindyLoo is a jewel in the roughLindyLoo is a jewel in the roughLindyLoo is a jewel in the roughLindyLoo is a jewel in the rough

Most internet cafes we've been in in Oz aren't too keen on letting you put anything onto their computers. But most of them will write to cd for you. I carried my reader with me and never had to use it.
Old Jun 18th 2005, 10:12 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by LindyLoo
Most internet cafes we've been in in Oz aren't too keen on letting you put anything onto their computers. But most of them will write to cd for you. I carried my reader with me and never had to use it.
Thanks, I have just stuck a couple of blank CD's in my bag in case. I have loads around and it would be annoying to have to buy them at inflated prices.

I'm hopeful to be able to clear that CF card one way or another!
Old Jun 18th 2005, 10:35 am
Forum Regular

LindyLoo is a jewel in the roughLindyLoo is a jewel in the roughLindyLoo is a jewel in the roughLindyLoo is a jewel in the roughLindyLoo is a jewel in the rough

Thanks, I have just stuck a couple of blank CD's in my bag in case. I have loads around and it would be annoying to have to buy them at inflated prices.

I'm hopeful to be able to clear that CF card one way or another!
Good idea about the blank CDs I think I was charged anything from $2 - $12 to get copies made. It would have been cheaper with your own CDs.