Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Will I need a tumble dryer in WA?

Will I need a tumble dryer in WA?

Old May 6th 2005, 9:59 am

bridiej is an unknown quantity at this point
Question Will I need a tumble dryer in WA?

Just snapped the door off the tumble dryer, which was many years old anyway.

Dont want to replace it if we wont need it in WA since it's almost summer here so wont get much use over the next few months.

Will I need one in WA or is it unecessary?
Old May 6th 2005, 10:02 am
Account Closed

Deadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Will I need a tumble dryer in WA?

Originally Posted by bridiej

Dont want to replace it if we wont need it in WA since it's almost summer here so wont get much use over the next few months.

Whatever you do don't ship one out here ... they spin the other way and it plays havoc with the smalls.
Old May 6th 2005, 10:02 am

Originally Posted by Deadmeat
Whatever you do don't ship one out here ... they spin the other way and it plays havoc with the smalls.

pmsl!!!!
Old May 6th 2005, 10:04 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Deadmeat
Silly B*gger

Even in high summer in the UK I use mine for towels cos I don't like drying myself with cardboard. Judging by some comments, radiators are not common so when it rains heavily, where do you put the wet stuff to dry
Old May 6th 2005, 10:11 am

possoms is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by moneypen20
Silly B*gger

Even in high summer in the UK I use mine for towels cos I don't like drying myself with cardboard. Judging by some comments, radiators are not common so when it rains heavily, where do you put the wet stuff to dry
nightmare getting stuff dry in winter, had clothes horses all over the place where we stopped in Perth and only one radiator for the whole open plan room. stuff just took days to dry.

Yes in my opinion you need a dryer
Old May 6th 2005, 10:18 am

madsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond repute

I bought a tumble dryer (Brissy)

Reasons were.

1)Got better things to do than peg every knicker & sock,vest to outside line.
2)Fabric conditioner doesnt seem to soften/fragrance your wash.
3)Soften my towels,somedays your washing just hangs outside & towels feel like sandpaper

It has been miserable in Brissy for about 2 weeks now,heavy rain,dull ,my laundry room would be bursting at the seems if it wasnt for my dryer!

Donna.
Old May 6th 2005, 10:22 am
Banned

Megalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant future

Can't be hard to fix - must be an applicance spares shop near you.
Old May 6th 2005, 10:47 am
BE Enthusiast

JJJHM is a jewel in the roughJJJHM is a jewel in the roughJJJHM is a jewel in the roughJJJHM is a jewel in the rough

I'm sure this has been asked before, but how much is an average dryer, and are they mainly condenser dryers?...

thanks
Old May 6th 2005, 10:48 am

Originally Posted by Megalania
Can't be hard to fix - must be an applicance spares shop near you.
May be, will get Malc to look when he gets home.

Thanks for all your advice, now need to decide whether to buy here or wait until we get to Oz.....
Old May 6th 2005, 11:49 am

Siren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by JJJHM
I'm sure this has been asked before, but how much is an average dryer, and are they mainly condenser dryers?...

thanks

$250 - $400 dunno about the condenser thing bit... have lived in Perth for a few years well maybe 17 on and off and still dont have a dryer. Never really had a problem but they can be useful here in Perth. Very rarely will it rain all day or for days on end. Usually it will piss down in the morning and be fine in the arvo and with a bit of a breeze most things will be dry.
Old May 6th 2005, 11:51 am
BE Enthusiast

Ialibu has a reputation beyond reputeIalibu has a reputation beyond reputeIalibu has a reputation beyond reputeIalibu has a reputation beyond reputeIalibu has a reputation beyond reputeIalibu has a reputation beyond reputeIalibu has a reputation beyond reputeIalibu has a reputation beyond reputeIalibu has a reputation beyond reputeIalibu has a reputation beyond reputeIalibu has a reputation beyond repute

When I lived in Perth (I left there in Dec04) I used to hang my washing outside to dry. On the odd days that it was too wet to dry stuff, I went to a suburban laundromat and put the stuff through one of their dryers approx $1=10 mins That was just as hot etc as a home dryer and certainly cheaper.
Old May 6th 2005, 12:01 pm

Originally Posted by Ialibu
When I lived in Perth (I left there in Dec04) I used to hang my washing outside to dry. On the odd days that it was too wet to dry stuff, I went to a suburban laundromat and put the stuff through one of their dryers approx $1=10 mins That was just as hot etc as a home dryer and certainly cheaper.

Oh yes, hadnt thought of that!

Might not bother to replace it then if it cant be fixed...
Old May 6th 2005, 12:29 pm
You sip .... I glug !!!

Vegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond repute

been here just over 12 months now so have experienced all seasons.

Still dont have a tumble drier and TBH dont miss it at all.

Haing said that in the winter months I am completely weather obsessed and when there is 3 day rain free period forecast my w/m is red hot !
Old May 6th 2005, 12:47 pm
Account Closed

Rooksie is an unknown quantity at this point

May be, will get Malc to look when he gets home.

Thanks for all your advice, now need to decide whether to buy here or wait until we get to Oz.....

you will need a tumble dryer mate for all those baby grows!!!! hardeharhar :scared:

also consider washing pegged out on line = spiders in your smalls = double :scared: :scared:
Old May 6th 2005, 12:50 pm
BE Enthusiast

gdcollectables is a name known to allgdcollectables is a name known to allgdcollectables is a name known to allgdcollectables is a name known to allgdcollectables is a name known to allgdcollectables is a name known to allgdcollectables is a name known to allgdcollectables is a name known to allgdcollectables is a name known to allgdcollectables is a name known to allgdcollectables is a name known to all

Hi Bridie

I have a washing machine size one that I bought from the Co-Op on special offer - less than £100. It's doing really well here!

Most days when you hang the washing outside it's dry within 10 mins, and like cardboard, so it's handy just for finishing before the stuff is completely dry.

The Aussies tend to hang things on rails inside the home, because of the sun!

Also, the dryers here tend not to have ducting for venting outside, and there seems to be lots of products available to get rid of dampness and condensation in homes!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.