Reload this Page >

Will I make more for my car if I sell it in Sydney, NSW

Will I make more for my car if I sell it in Sydney, NSW

Old Jul 26th 2009, 11:56 pm
Forum Regular

ColdAsIce is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Will I make more for my car if I sell it in Sydney, NSW

Hello,
I bought a BMW 525i sport 2 years ago in Sydney – NSW. I then had to move to Brisbane – Queensland for work, had to transfer the registeration to Queensland state and all that.

I have my flights booked to leave Australia at the end of November.

I am wondering the following:

1) Will I get more for my car if I sell it in NSW – Sydney? Approse Brisbane – Queensland? …I am told this but I don’t understand why?

2) I have never sold a car before, If I am leaving in mid-November when should I look to sell the car? I still owe 20k to the bank for the car.

Advice here is much appreciated about selling cars,

Thank you,
CAI
Old Jul 27th 2009, 1:03 am
Hasta la victoria siempre

johnnyx0 is a glorious beacon of lightjohnnyx0 is a glorious beacon of lightjohnnyx0 is a glorious beacon of lightjohnnyx0 is a glorious beacon of lightjohnnyx0 is a glorious beacon of lightjohnnyx0 is a glorious beacon of lightjohnnyx0 is a glorious beacon of lightjohnnyx0 is a glorious beacon of lightjohnnyx0 is a glorious beacon of lightjohnnyx0 is a glorious beacon of lightjohnnyx0 is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: Will I make more for my car if I sell it in Sydney, NSW

Can't see many people wanting to buy a QLD registered car in Sydney. Surely it would just add hassle?
Old Jul 27th 2009, 6:15 am
Forum Regular

craig_m67 has a brilliant futurecraig_m67 has a brilliant futurecraig_m67 has a brilliant futurecraig_m67 has a brilliant futurecraig_m67 has a brilliant futurecraig_m67 has a brilliant futurecraig_m67 has a brilliant future

There's certainly more buyers in Sydney [than Brisbane] so your potential market is bigger. I'd do some research (ebay/carsales/drive) and see what the average price is in both states, also the frequency of vehicles being sold. Good point above though - what's the TCO / selling in NSW versus QLD

Sydney is "richer" than Brisbane, i'd suggest there is more disposable income there for nicer things. A quick check of eBay for luxury items suggests this (to me anyway) ie. nicer, newer things are found in Sydney and Melbourne more frequently than they are in Brisbane.

I'd put the car on the market straight away, nothing worse than having to stress about it as the time to leave draw nearer.
Good luck with the sale

Last edited by craig_m67; Jul 27th 2009 at 6:18 am.
Old Jul 27th 2009, 1:04 pm
Anything,Anytime,Anywhere

The Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by johnnyx0
Can't see many people wanting to buy a QLD registered car in Sydney. Surely it would just add hassle?
It does happen and vicer-versa.