Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Will I get e-mail once visa is granted?

Will I get e-mail once visa is granted?

Old Feb 13th 2005, 10:03 am
Melbourne Rock City

rubbeldiekatz is a glorious beacon of lightrubbeldiekatz is a glorious beacon of lightrubbeldiekatz is a glorious beacon of lightrubbeldiekatz is a glorious beacon of lightrubbeldiekatz is a glorious beacon of lightrubbeldiekatz is a glorious beacon of lightrubbeldiekatz is a glorious beacon of lightrubbeldiekatz is a glorious beacon of lightrubbeldiekatz is a glorious beacon of lightrubbeldiekatz is a glorious beacon of lightrubbeldiekatz is a glorious beacon of light
Default Will I get e-mail once visa is granted?

Hi all, I was just wondering whether my CO will automatically send me an e-mail when my visa is granted. I applied for it in berlin and have the missing PCC ready to go now....thanks guys....
Old Feb 13th 2005, 11:02 am
Melbourne Rock City

rubbeldiekatz is a glorious beacon of lightrubbeldiekatz is a glorious beacon of lightrubbeldiekatz is a glorious beacon of lightrubbeldiekatz is a glorious beacon of lightrubbeldiekatz is a glorious beacon of lightrubbeldiekatz is a glorious beacon of lightrubbeldiekatz is a glorious beacon of lightrubbeldiekatz is a glorious beacon of lightrubbeldiekatz is a glorious beacon of lightrubbeldiekatz is a glorious beacon of lightrubbeldiekatz is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: Will I get e-mail once visa is granted?

bump. sorry guys.
Old Feb 13th 2005, 2:56 pm
BE Enthusiast

natty is a name known to allnatty is a name known to allnatty is a name known to allnatty is a name known to allnatty is a name known to allnatty is a name known to allnatty is a name known to allnatty is a name known to allnatty is a name known to allnatty is a name known to allnatty is a name known to all

On the original application form is asks if you wish to be contacted by email.

I emailed my case officer a few weeks after the bond was lodged and asked her if we could be informed of the decision by email in the first instance.

It worked for me because the next day she emailed me back to tell me I had the visa !!!!

Nat
Old Feb 13th 2005, 4:36 pm
Melbourne Rock City

Originally Posted by natty
On the original application form is asks if you wish to be contacted by email.

I emailed my case officer a few weeks after the bond was lodged and asked her if we could be informed of the decision by email in the first instance.

It worked for me because the next day she emailed me back to tell me I had the visa !!!!

Nat
I told em to contact me via e-mail so hopefully they will do so....I´ll call the CO tomorrow anyway, thanks mate
Old Feb 13th 2005, 5:35 pm
BE Enthusiast

marysidey is just really nicemarysidey is just really nicemarysidey is just really nicemarysidey is just really nicemarysidey is just really nicemarysidey is just really nicemarysidey is just really nicemarysidey is just really nicemarysidey is just really nicemarysidey is just really nicemarysidey is just really nice

i emailed my CO to ask if the medicals had been received (my excuse to email) and he replied saying visas had been granted some days earlier . I had asked to be informed by email on the application form b ut I dont think its automatic

I do think though it is ok to email them they dont bite
good luck Mary
Old Feb 13th 2005, 6:04 pm
Melbourne Rock City

I wonder where I get my CO´s e-mail adress from?
Old Feb 13th 2005, 9:08 pm
Forum Regular

suzysu is an unknown quantity at this point

If you have received a letter from your CO, his/her email address should be on there.

I was also emailed when my visa was granted. I was in work at the time and shouted out loud 'I'VE GOT MY VISA'. What a way to find out!!
Old Feb 13th 2005, 9:10 pm
Melbourne Rock City

Originally Posted by suzysu
If you have received a letter from your CO, his/her email address should be on there.

I was also emailed when my visa was granted. I was in work at the time and shouted out loud 'I'VE GOT MY VISA'. What a way to find out!!
thats great....well Ill talk to het tomorrow and as her to e-mail me when the visa is granted....I know what Im like...I´ll check my e-mails as soon as I hang up the phone and then every ten minutes....
Old Feb 13th 2005, 9:21 pm
toocheeky

Tee hee, I sent my CO an email, just to give an update on the AoS (last stage of the app)... and yes, 30 minutes later I had a reply. I nervously clicked to open it...... it read......'Thanks for the update' (groan, sigh!)

On a positive note it is building a rapport. My advice is..keep it brief and to the point, as Im sure you will.
Good luck!
Karen

Old Feb 13th 2005, 9:25 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by rubbeldiekatz
thats great....well Ill talk to het tomorrow and as her to e-mail me when the visa is granted....I know what Im like...I´ll check my e-mails as soon as I hang up the phone and then every ten minutes....
Did you submit your passport with the application? Being a spouse visa, and thus quicker than most types, if they have your passport they will probably just send that back with the visa in.
Old Feb 13th 2005, 9:27 pm
Melbourne Rock City

Originally Posted by Pollyana
Did you submit your passport with the application? Being a spouse visa, and thus quicker than most types, if they have your passport they will probably just send that back with the visa in.
yes she kept my passport and told me it might take another 2 weeks from the day where she gets the PCC
Old Feb 13th 2005, 9:31 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by rubbeldiekatz
yes she kept my passport and told me it might take another 2 weeks from the day where she gets the PCC
Probably the next thing you will hear then is the thump of an envelope on the doormat, containing passport with visa inside..........
Old Feb 13th 2005, 9:37 pm
Melbourne Rock City

Originally Posted by Pollyana
Probably the next thing you will hear then is the thump of an envelope on the doormat, containing passport with visa inside..........
I wouldnt mind :-)