Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Will I ever get there?

Will I ever get there?

Old Mar 11th 2004, 4:03 pm
Just Joined

chippie is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Will I ever get there?

I'm a chippie, and I really want to move to Oz. We are 5 points short to get through skills route, and have been advised to go through STNI.
Can anyone recommend a good agent for STNI? We have had 2 conflicting stories from 2 agents. One saying we would have a good chance, and the other saying going STNI is a bit of a lottery, and only a 5% chance of succeding. Is any one in the same position and trade?
Please reply

phil the chippie
Old Mar 11th 2004, 4:25 pm
Paddington Brisbane

BKate is a jewel in the roughBKate is a jewel in the roughBKate is a jewel in the roughBKate is a jewel in the roughBKate is a jewel in the rough
Default Re: Will I ever get there?

Hi Phil,

Do a search for 'agents' loads of discussion on it also have a look at www.gomatilda.com and www.austimmigration.com always get good feedback on them and they post really helpful stuff on the immigration forum too.

Good Luck
Old Mar 11th 2004, 4:30 pm
Up The Arse!!

wengerboy has a reputation beyond reputewengerboy has a reputation beyond reputewengerboy has a reputation beyond reputewengerboy has a reputation beyond reputewengerboy has a reputation beyond reputewengerboy has a reputation beyond reputewengerboy has a reputation beyond reputewengerboy has a reputation beyond reputewengerboy has a reputation beyond reputewengerboy has a reputation beyond reputewengerboy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by chippie
I'm a chippie, and I really want to move to Oz. We are 5 points short to get through skills route, and have been advised to go through STNI.
Can anyone recommend a good agent for STNI? We have had 2 conflicting stories from 2 agents. One saying we would have a good chance, and the other saying going STNI is a bit of a lottery, and only a 5% chance of succeding. Is any one in the same position and trade?
Please reply

phil the chippie
hi chip sorry to here that mate the guy who does the skills assessments for go matilda used to work for the tra may be worth sounding alan out (just my tuppence worth mate)hope it plays out 4 ya
Old Mar 11th 2004, 4:42 pm
BE Enthusiast

andy thomas has a brilliant futureandy thomas has a brilliant futureandy thomas has a brilliant futureandy thomas has a brilliant futureandy thomas has a brilliant futureandy thomas has a brilliant futureandy thomas has a brilliant future

Originally posted by chippie
Please reply

phil the chippie

chippie.

i have been knocked back by quite a few agents, I started the process from scratch in Oct 03 and went for an STNI visa as a carpenter/joiner. I am now in possession of my permanent residency visa. I have also sent you a pm.

andy
Old Mar 11th 2004, 4:57 pm
Next stop Gold coast

plumber is an unknown quantity at this point

Go Matilda worth a try

all the best plum
Old Mar 11th 2004, 5:09 pm
BE Enthusiast

xxdebsonlinexx will become famous soon enoughxxdebsonlinexx will become famous soon enough

can you ley me know how you get on as we are the same as you 5 points short not phoned anyone up as yet but will do if i hear anything i will deffo let you know hope you get some good advice and the people on here are brill they answer questions when they can
Old Mar 11th 2004, 5:12 pm
BE Forum Addict

debsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to all

You could always lodge the 100K bond to get the extra 5 points.
Old Mar 11th 2004, 5:26 pm
Have only gone and GOT IT

Bed Of Roses is a jewel in the roughBed Of Roses is a jewel in the roughBed Of Roses is a jewel in the roughBed Of Roses is a jewel in the rough

Originally posted by plumber
Go Matilda worth a try

all the best plum
I always thought Slow Matilda !

Try www.amblercollins.com and they are British Based always useful for those questions you have in our day ie there night time!

Good luck Phil just got me TRA as chippie / joiner
Old Mar 11th 2004, 6:31 pm
BE Forum Addict

Billabong is just really niceBillabong is just really niceBillabong is just really niceBillabong is just really niceBillabong is just really niceBillabong is just really niceBillabong is just really niceBillabong is just really niceBillabong is just really niceBillabong is just really niceBillabong is just really nice

We are using www.austimmigration.com.au

George is a straight forward guy who is fair and honest.

Alan at www.gomatilda.com.au has the same reputation. Give one of them a try.

Regards