Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

will it happen again?????

Wikiposts

will it happen again?????

Old Jan 26th 2004, 12:36 pm
BE Forum Addict

dotty is on a distinguished road

This forum is so full of irony. 2 million people a week come on here slagging off the UK just so they can feel better about emigrating. Umm so why cant Dazuk have a little moan?

Never mind Dazza, you did win an award in the Expats 2003 thread, however I'm not sure how reliable it was because it seems you had to vote for your friends and relatives can I vote for my cousin
Old Jan 26th 2004, 12:52 pm
Banned

Megalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant future

Originally posted by dazuk
Look I was only stating my fears for the rest of the working week! If I slag Aus Im a troll, if I slate the UK i am too.

Lighten up people, maybe I shouldnt of posted this on the Aus forum, maybe I thought that I was showing Im not just a one eyed englishman who see no wrong with the place???
Now, if you had posted a solution to what is a well known problem then you'd be a knight in shining Amor.
Old Jan 26th 2004, 12:55 pm
BE Forum Addict

podgypossum has a brilliant futurepodgypossum has a brilliant futurepodgypossum has a brilliant futurepodgypossum has a brilliant futurepodgypossum has a brilliant futurepodgypossum has a brilliant future

Old Jan 26th 2004, 7:19 pm
WBB

Originally posted by dotty
the Expats 2003 thread, however I'm not sure how reliable it was because it seems you had to vote for your friends and relatives
dotty you are not my friend and i hope were not related but i give you a nomination.

Old Jan 28th 2004, 10:57 am
dazuk

Default Re: will it happen again?????

So snow, artic air, black ice and genrally freeing cold conditions are heading our way. Remenber last year when it last snowed?? I for one do, it took me 10 hours to drive from Hammersmith, West London to north herts. It took 7 hours just to get out of the M25 perimeter. I unfortunately have to drive into London this week as it is my job to.

Anyone else here share my feeling of dread of the incompetent London councils and the great Highways Agency having the power to totally f&%k up my week????
Well I wonder if anyone here wants to know what happened to me today???

Well, here goes, I left Staines at 4.30 pm and joined junction 13 of the M25. Promply received a call from my wife warning me of a blizzard in north hertfordshire. OK i thought better get on with it, the M25 was moving nice for a rush hour, 60 MPH, got to the M1 spur and the snow set in big time. There was thunder and lightening with the snow (anyone else seen this before, I have'nt. Ignored the M1 as its shite in rush hour. Even with the blizzard the 25 was moving at about 30 mph, I thought christ the highways agency have sorted it this time around!

Then I got to South Mimms, A1(M) GRIDLOCKED, took 20 mins to get off the slip road. The motorway was a sheet of black ice, cars skidding all over the place, people dont seem to know that u should use 2nd gear only in ice!! To cut it short it took me 3 hours to drive 20 miles, an improvement on the 10 hours it took me to get from west london to herts last year, but what a ****** joke.

One of the biggest wind ups was listenung to that prick Blair on the radio going on about Hutton aand top up fees while im trapped on this under invested road infrastructure of his.

Anyway rant over, IM just glad to be in the warm with a nice can of badgers tanglefoot, anyone else had any shite on the roads tonight.

PS I heard they are blaming it on some rain that came before the snow, apparently washed the salts away

Its almost enough to make me think of moving back to aus!:scared:

Old Jan 28th 2004, 12:38 pm
HUP
Brain Drained

HUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: will it happen again?????

Well I wonder if anyone here wants to know what happened to me today???
I think youi should have waited for an answer to this question because you could have saved yourself some time. I think generally the answer would have been a resounding NO.