Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Will anyone notice if I bury my rental agent in the garden?

Will anyone notice if I bury my rental agent in the garden?

Old Sep 8th 2008, 9:58 am
BE Forum Addict

pumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond repute
Default Will anyone notice if I bury my rental agent in the garden?

I can't believe just how useless ours is.
What with the possums in the roof which it took them months to get rid of, after getting someone in illegally to remove them, and then just shutting them in.
Not to mention all the little things.
I have asked them to send me two lots of maintinance forms, which have been 'lost' in the post. Our inspection is due so I sent them THREE e-mail about lost post, and asking them to confirm they would send an e-mail or phone when they knew when it would be so I could book the day off. THREE, before they finally phoned and left a message saying that the inspection would be on the 9th of Sep, and they would send that out in the post too.
I e-mailed Thursday to say I had not had the letter, along with the maintinance sheets, could they check the address they have, and could they tell me what time the inspection would be. No reply (this is pretty normal).

So this morning I phone up, and speak to the person who does the inspections, who knows nothing about it. The woman who we deal with was not in, so they said they would get her to phone us. THREE HOURS later I had to text her to 'remind' her we were waiting for a call.
She calls, says she doesn't know why anyone told us that, she (who left the message) knows nothing about it, can't remember making the call, doesn't know why anyone would have told us that. Of course the message has vanished off my message bank by now.
I did give her a bit of an ear full about not contacting us, ignoring e-mails, and she is now going to come out tomorrow (as I pointed out I had booked a day off work).

Do they have a school for uselessness? I just don't get how they can be SO crap! Had I not been chasing I would be sat at home all day tomorrow and nobody would have turned up!

I really want to put a complaint in, but hubbie is worrying that they won't renue our contract if we want to stay, or will be funny about our deposit.
Anyone had to make complaints?
Old Sep 8th 2008, 11:47 am
you lucky, lucky b'stard!

tomy2tums has much to be proud oftomy2tums has much to be proud oftomy2tums has much to be proud oftomy2tums has much to be proud oftomy2tums has much to be proud oftomy2tums has much to be proud oftomy2tums has much to be proud oftomy2tums has much to be proud oftomy2tums has much to be proud oftomy2tums has much to be proud oftomy2tums has much to be proud of
Default Re: Will anyone notice if I bury my rental agent in the garden?

no, I dont think anyone will care, they are useless barstools the lot of them.

Our garage door broke, well the counter ballance spring wire rusted and snapped as the door was closing. If it hit one of the children it would have killed them.

So, they sent some contractors around for quotes. One guy say the steel ropes on the counter balance rusted and snapped, and the other guys said we had driven into the door and broke it ourselves.

So now, the agent thinks we broke the door, and they have been and took photos. However, if we had driven into the door then there would have been dents in the door

******* w@nkers
Old Sep 8th 2008, 1:40 pm
BE Forum Addict

pumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond repute

It really does make you wander if they went to school doesn't it?
Old Sep 8th 2008, 2:36 pm
BE Enthusiast

Gobbledegeek is a glorious beacon of lightGobbledegeek is a glorious beacon of lightGobbledegeek is a glorious beacon of lightGobbledegeek is a glorious beacon of lightGobbledegeek is a glorious beacon of lightGobbledegeek is a glorious beacon of lightGobbledegeek is a glorious beacon of lightGobbledegeek is a glorious beacon of lightGobbledegeek is a glorious beacon of lightGobbledegeek is a glorious beacon of lightGobbledegeek is a glorious beacon of light

This should be a poll........I'm guessing the majority go with 'death to estate agents'.........sorry what's the question?
Old Sep 11th 2008, 6:59 am
Social Grenade Thrower

paddyo has a reputation beyond reputepaddyo has a reputation beyond reputepaddyo has a reputation beyond reputepaddyo has a reputation beyond reputepaddyo has a reputation beyond reputepaddyo has a reputation beyond reputepaddyo has a reputation beyond reputepaddyo has a reputation beyond reputepaddyo has a reputation beyond reputepaddyo has a reputation beyond reputepaddyo has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by pumpkin blossom
I can't believe just how useless ours is.
What with the possums in the roof which it took them months to get rid of, after getting someone in illegally to remove them, and then just shutting them in.
Not to mention all the little things.
I have asked them to send me two lots of maintinance forms, which have been 'lost' in the post. Our inspection is due so I sent them THREE e-mail about lost post, and asking them to confirm they would send an e-mail or phone when they knew when it would be so I could book the day off. THREE, before they finally phoned and left a message saying that the inspection would be on the 9th of Sep, and they would send that out in the post too.
I e-mailed Thursday to say I had not had the letter, along with the maintinance sheets, could they check the address they have, and could they tell me what time the inspection would be. No reply (this is pretty normal).

So this morning I phone up, and speak to the person who does the inspections, who knows nothing about it. The woman who we deal with was not in, so they said they would get her to phone us. THREE HOURS later I had to text her to 'remind' her we were waiting for a call.
She calls, says she doesn't know why anyone told us that, she (who left the message) knows nothing about it, can't remember making the call, doesn't know why anyone would have told us that. Of course the message has vanished off my message bank by now.
I did give her a bit of an ear full about not contacting us, ignoring e-mails, and she is now going to come out tomorrow (as I pointed out I had booked a day off work).

Do they have a school for uselessness? I just don't get how they can be SO crap! Had I not been chasing I would be sat at home all day tomorrow and nobody would have turned up!

I really want to put a complaint in, but hubbie is worrying that they won't renue our contract if we want to stay, or will be funny about our deposit.
Anyone had to make complaints?
They are all complete and utter f#ckwits!!! Poor communication, no customer skills, scant regard for your rights and conditions. All they see is $$$ and all they care about is $$$$.
But, not just them, I have found in my short time that there are some very frustrating things here. Answering phone messages and emails tends to elude them, the sheer replication of forms for different divisions of the SAME department is incredible. No standard processes which are understood by all employess. I like it here but some things really do make Australia look amateurish and backward. And don't get me started on the laughable politics!!! My local village council had better policies and structure then this federal and state government has!
Actually, they can be so stupid and backward that they actually make me feel quite superior...so I thank them for that!!
Old Sep 11th 2008, 8:20 am
Has left the building

Geelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond repute

Apparently you are required to pay a higher fee for any personnel disposal involving "agents" due to the possible higher than normal methane content.

Other high risk categories include politicians, lawyers, moderators and trolls

PS as I am usually full of the stuff please ignore me.
Old Sep 11th 2008, 8:30 am
BE Forum Addict

Well I did manage to not kill the agent, who was nice as pie.
Does anyone own a pig farm for next time I have my inspection?
Old Sep 11th 2008, 8:36 am
Account Closed

mindblower is an unknown quantity at this point

Sympathies here guys.
Old Sep 11th 2008, 10:53 am
BE Forum Addict

Pomster has a reputation beyond reputePomster has a reputation beyond reputePomster has a reputation beyond reputePomster has a reputation beyond reputePomster has a reputation beyond reputePomster has a reputation beyond reputePomster has a reputation beyond reputePomster has a reputation beyond reputePomster has a reputation beyond reputePomster has a reputation beyond reputePomster has a reputation beyond repute

think it is mandatory to be an idiot before you can be a rental agent.

When we were renting, our agent was an idiot.
We had the carpets steam cleaned and left a note saying 'please take shoes off, as carpets have just been cleaned'....but the agent was special and the dog poo on her shoes did not matter....

Then the day we were moing out, she sent prospective tenants around (with no appt/warning) who wanted to look around as furntiture was being moved through the front door.
Old Sep 11th 2008, 11:51 am
BE Enthusiast

yanH is a glorious beacon of lightyanH is a glorious beacon of lightyanH is a glorious beacon of lightyanH is a glorious beacon of lightyanH is a glorious beacon of lightyanH is a glorious beacon of lightyanH is a glorious beacon of lightyanH is a glorious beacon of lightyanH is a glorious beacon of lightyanH is a glorious beacon of lightyanH is a glorious beacon of light

Agree with all previous posters. I think before becoming an agent you have a medical procedure to remove all decency and humanity!

At our last rental the owners decided to sell the property. We reluctantly agreed to weekly open houses after the agents assured us that if anything went missing or got damaged it was covered by their insurance. When we had a PSP stolen during an open house they then denied having any insurance that would cover this and accused us of lying about the PSP being stolen to 'cause trouble'. WTF! Another day an agent phoned up and asked to bring a client around in ten minutes. The OH said not a good idea the house is in a mess as she was having a good sort out ready for moving. Agent said I don't care I would rather come even if the house is a mess. She brought the client around and then afterwards accused us of breaching our tenancy by not having the house in fit state to view. W*nkers all of them
Old Sep 11th 2008, 1:24 pm
BE Forum Addict

Idiots, there is no way in hell I would let my agent in with only 10 minutes notice, even if the house was pristine.
I have had to have words with ours for not giving us warning of contracters turning up as it is!
Old Sep 11th 2008, 10:57 pm
BE Enthusiast

calNgary is a name known to allcalNgary is a name known to allcalNgary is a name known to allcalNgary is a name known to allcalNgary is a name known to allcalNgary is a name known to allcalNgary is a name known to allcalNgary is a name known to allcalNgary is a name known to allcalNgary is a name known to allcalNgary is a name known to all

Hi i must agree after 5 phone calls i gave up, i paid for new light switches two fly screens, a window a water pump ect. Then when my 6 mth was up i got them round for the inspection and showed them all the things i would be taking with me & showed the lady my recites & all the old parts, knowing someone was moving in 3 days later. She said you cant do that, as i started removing my fly screens, in the end they paid the bills. They are a f***ing joke, i have a shovel when we doing it gary
Old Sep 11th 2008, 11:13 pm
looking for my marbles

ozzieclare2b is a splendid one to beholdozzieclare2b is a splendid one to beholdozzieclare2b is a splendid one to beholdozzieclare2b is a splendid one to beholdozzieclare2b is a splendid one to beholdozzieclare2b is a splendid one to beholdozzieclare2b is a splendid one to beholdozzieclare2b is a splendid one to beholdozzieclare2b is a splendid one to beholdozzieclare2b is a splendid one to beholdozzieclare2b is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by pumpkin blossom
Idiots, there is no way in hell I would let my agent in with only 10 minutes notice, even if the house was pristine.
I have had to have words with ours for not giving us warning of contracters turning up as it is!
may i ask who your agen is? Our agent is equally ignorant and never returns calls. Before we took the house we asked for a pool cover, it never arrived, ive rang 6 times and shes never there or will get back to me!! Im pissed off with the ignorant person, we should dig a mass grave out by willunga and throw em all in
Old Sep 11th 2008, 11:21 pm
BE Enthusiast

Evelin is a glorious beacon of lightEvelin is a glorious beacon of lightEvelin is a glorious beacon of lightEvelin is a glorious beacon of lightEvelin is a glorious beacon of lightEvelin is a glorious beacon of lightEvelin is a glorious beacon of lightEvelin is a glorious beacon of lightEvelin is a glorious beacon of lightEvelin is a glorious beacon of lightEvelin is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by calNgary
Hi i must agree after 5 phone calls i gave up, i paid for new light switches two fly screens, a window a water pump ect. Then when my 6 mth was up i got them round for the inspection and showed them all the things i would be taking with me & showed the lady my recites & all the old parts, knowing someone was moving in 3 days later. She said you cant do that, as i started removing my fly screens, in the end they paid the bills. They are a f***ing joke, i have a shovel when we doing it gary
I actually feel sorry for the property agents. They do a job, nobody wants to do. They get pressured from all sides and have a huge workload. In many cases the landlord is to blame for the way they act. Many landlords over here are zero interested in the tenant, in the property, the agent. They don't want to spent a single dollar on their property. I have seen horrible places where families live with children, the landlord was a lecturer at one of our unis in Perth.

As a tenant in Australia you are regarded as a third class citizen. I see it in my neighbourhood, nobody talks to them, actually people talk about them. I find this very disturbing in a country that constantly claps itself on the the shoulder. But neighbours anyway don't talk to each other much I find. Somebody moves in next door, they never will come over and introduce themselves. What manners are this? This country has to learn a lot.
Old Sep 12th 2008, 3:58 am
Worongary

steve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Evelin
I actually feel sorry for the property agents. They do a job, nobody wants to do. They get pressured from all sides and have a huge workload. In many cases the landlord is to blame for the way they act. Many landlords over here are zero interested in the tenant, in the property, the agent. They don't want to spent a single dollar on their property. I have seen horrible places where families live with children, the landlord was a lecturer at one of our unis in Perth.

As a tenant in Australia you are regarded as a third class citizen. I see it in my neighbourhood, nobody talks to them, actually people talk about them. I find this very disturbing in a country that constantly claps itself on the the shoulder. But neighbours anyway don't talk to each other much I find. Somebody moves in next door, they never will come over and introduce themselves. What manners are this? This country has to learn a lot.
when you stop day dreaming and join the real world give us a call

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.