Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

will it affect my application?????

will it affect my application?????

Old Feb 11th 2006, 11:08 pm
one day rodders !!!

robos has a reputation beyond reputerobos has a reputation beyond reputerobos has a reputation beyond reputerobos has a reputation beyond reputerobos has a reputation beyond reputerobos has a reputation beyond reputerobos has a reputation beyond reputerobos has a reputation beyond reputerobos has a reputation beyond reputerobos has a reputation beyond reputerobos has a reputation beyond repute
Default will it affect my application?????

can anyone tell me our son is due to leave school in the summer and hasnt made his mind up what he wants to do yet

if he gets a job will he be a non dependant but he was at the time i applied for visa

will this affect my application

jan xx
Old Feb 11th 2006, 11:25 pm

cresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: will it affect my application?????

Originally Posted by robos
can anyone tell me our son is due to leave school in the summer and hasnt made his mind up what he wants to do yet

if he gets a job will he be a non dependant but he was at the time i applied for visa

jan xx
Yes you have to keep DIMIA informed of any change in circumstances throughout the application process. You could always make him stay on at school until you get the visas.
Old Feb 12th 2006, 8:18 am
one day rodders !!!

robos has a reputation beyond reputerobos has a reputation beyond reputerobos has a reputation beyond reputerobos has a reputation beyond reputerobos has a reputation beyond reputerobos has a reputation beyond reputerobos has a reputation beyond reputerobos has a reputation beyond reputerobos has a reputation beyond reputerobos has a reputation beyond reputerobos has a reputation beyond repute

thanks im probably worrying about nothing he doesnt leave until june and we sent application late december so hopefully it will be here before that

i just panic when these thoughts pop in my head

will dimia ask for proof that my son will stay on at school or college ?

if anyone knows i will be grateful thanks

jan xx
Old Feb 12th 2006, 8:23 am
Where I want to be

ub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond repute

jan xx

I thought it depended on age, I thought that 18 is when they class kids as non dependant if they are in employment.
Old Feb 12th 2006, 8:29 am
one day rodders !!!

Originally Posted by ub40fan
I thought it depended on age, I thought that 18 is when they class kids as non dependant if they are in employment.

oh right thanks for that

now you mention it i think i read that somewhere when we started

doh!!

that much crap going round in my head about this whole thing sometimes you forget things until your mind is jogged (it certainly is mind blowing)

janxx
Old Feb 12th 2006, 8:36 am
Where I want to be

ub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond repute

oh right thanks for that

now you mention it i think i read that somewhere when we started

doh!!

that much crap going round in my head about this whole thing sometimes you forget things until your mind is jogged (it certainly is mind blowing)

janxx
Oh Jan I so know what you mean.

You read so much info on here, on the dimia website, get told other stuff, find stuff in mags, fill in so many forms, more than once sometimes

Is it any wonder most of us don't know if we are coming or going?

Whereabouts in Oz are you wanting to head? My son is 15 and is taking his GCSE's this summer. We are hoping to put him into year 10/11 (not sure) if we ever get to Perth!!!
Old Feb 12th 2006, 10:05 am
one day rodders !!!

Originally Posted by ub40fan
Oh Jan I so know what you mean.

You read so much info on here, on the dimia website, get told other stuff, find stuff in mags, fill in so many forms, more than once sometimes

Is it any wonder most of us don't know if we are coming or going?

Whereabouts in Oz are you wanting to head? My son is 15 and is taking his GCSE's this summer. We are hoping to put him into year 10/11 (not sure) if we ever get to Perth!!!

we are going to gold coast

we werent sure at first gold coast or perth

our son is also doing his exams in the summer but he doesnt really want to go to school when we get there (hes had one too many bad experiences with school) im hoping he will change his mind when we get there

just out of interest why did you chose perth ?

good luck to you and yours

jan xx
Old Feb 12th 2006, 11:09 am
Where I want to be

we are going to gold coast

we werent sure at first gold coast or perth

our son is also doing his exams in the summer but he doesnt really want to go to school when we get there (hes had one too many bad experiences with school) im hoping he will change his mind when we get there

just out of interest why did you chose perth ?

good luck to you and yours

jan xx
We chose Perth because of family already being there and we think that will help us settle quicker. We have visited twice and absolutely love it, the pace of life and the fact that the kids are safe out on the street are what appeals to us. The ocean being on the doorstep is a big pull too, where we are here you can't get further from the sea!!

Hope you get your visa soon, we are still waiting on a CO, it is soo frustrating now that the waits are longer.

Shirley x
Old Feb 12th 2006, 12:08 pm
Warrington Cheshire

Need 2 Move is just really niceNeed 2 Move is just really niceNeed 2 Move is just really niceNeed 2 Move is just really niceNeed 2 Move is just really niceNeed 2 Move is just really niceNeed 2 Move is just really niceNeed 2 Move is just really niceNeed 2 Move is just really niceNeed 2 Move is just really niceNeed 2 Move is just really nice

Hello - we are in exactly the same position as you Danny is 16 in April and leaves June after exams.

Here's his story - He has a guaranteed job "apprentice air con fitter" to go to at my place of work. Lots to give up - but his preference is to emigrate

We are still waiting for MED requests our application was ackn. on 6.1.06

The clock is ticking...................... So we have enrolled him in our local college on a course starting September.

Therefore - if we dont get visa , he's gotta job to start, if we get a visa He goes to college, until we arrive in Oz.
We also thought, that Danny would be opposed to going to school again in OZ however, He felt it might broaden his social circle, and get him friends of his age in an easier way????

Tricky isn't it
Angela n Paul
Old Feb 12th 2006, 12:20 pm
mijfromoz

mijfromoz is an unknown quantity at this point

jan xx

hi we emigrated with our young son [my wife is an aussie]last aug where in aus are you headed ?
Old Feb 13th 2006, 8:45 pm
one day rodders !!!

Originally Posted by mijfromoz
hi we emigrated with our young son [my wife is an aussie]last aug where in aus are you headed ?

hi we are headed to gold coast

jan xx
Old Feb 13th 2006, 9:26 pm
BE Forum Addict

CathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond repute

jan xx
I have a dependant 18yr old and been told that it is advisable for him not to withdraw from full time education until he has validated. If he leaves prior to grant, then dimia will want to know about it.
Old Feb 13th 2006, 9:44 pm
one day rodders !!!

Originally Posted by CathnPaul
I have a dependant 18yr old and been told that it is advisable for him not to withdraw from full time education until he has validated. If he leaves prior to grant, then dimia will want to know about it.

so will he be ok if enrolled at college or will he have to stay at school?

just noticed you ticker
have you applied yet or can you not untill your work experience is up?

forgive me if thats a stupid question

jan xx
Old Feb 14th 2006, 7:19 pm
BE Forum Addict

CathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond repute

so will he be ok if enrolled at college or will he have to stay at school?

just noticed you ticker
have you applied yet or can you not untill your work experience is up?

forgive me if thats a stupid question

jan xx
we have everything in place and signed up with agent, the day my work experience up is a megafast speedy dash for it to get over to oz before they shut down the 139 (we have a 3wk window), vetassess already done too.

I would double check, but as long as the college course is recognised he will be fine. He definately doesnt need to stay at school, just in continuous education.
Old Feb 14th 2006, 9:52 pm
one day rodders !!!

Originally Posted by CathnPaul
we have everything in place and signed up with agent, the day my work experience up is a megafast speedy dash for it to get over to oz before they shut down the 139 (we have a 3wk window), vetassess already done too.

I would double check, but as long as the college course is recognised he will be fine. He definately doesnt need to stay at school, just in continuous education.

hope all goes to plan for you

good luck

jan xx