Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

WilfSlipshod is Don (pleasancefamily)

WilfSlipshod is Don (pleasancefamily)

Old Jun 20th 2003, 3:20 am
Forum Regular

Smoko is an unknown quantity at this point
Default WilfSlipshod is Don (pleasancefamily)

I am sorry to report to you all that WilfSlipshod is, in reality, Don Pleasance (pleasancefamily). Yes, sad to say, but this previously much respected member of the forum has been reduced to posing as "WilfSlipshod" (aka "WilfredSlipshod"). In reality, WilfSlipshod (or Don, as we remember him before) is a 40-something man with kids, believe it or not, living in Austria and waiting for his plane to Christchurch, NZ. It is always painful to witness a sad trajectory like this but I am sure we are all in agreement in saying that although it is very embarrassing to see a previous hero of the forum become a mutli-persona poster, we are not here to judge.

Perhaps we can all have a minute's silence as we all remember the useful info that Don used to post and as we reflect on what a normal man Don "don't call me Donald" Pleasance used to be.

Don, our thoughts are with you.

My earlier post on this same topic was deleted (presumably at Don's request) so I repeat it here again.

By the way, as firm evidence, here is part of the thread Liar!Liar! Pants on fire! started by WilfSlipshod (Don Pleasance). The post below is a reply to WilfSlipshod. Notice the d in "Think you're right there d". This is d for Don. Also, the syle of WilfSlipshod's work is so obviously that of Donald that it is embarrassing - for an impression, this is like Felicity Kendall putting on a moustache and saying she is Saddam Hussein.

Today 07:23

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Re: Liar! Liar! Pants on fire!
Think you're right there d, we had Smoko for a while but no one really took any notice...he'll soon get the hump now's he's been 'outed'!

Last edited by Smoko; Jun 20th 2003 at 3:28 am.
Old Jun 20th 2003, 4:45 am
Just Joined

WilfSlipshod is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: WilfSlipshod is Don (pleasancefamily)

Originally posted by Smoko
I am sorry to report to you all that WilfSlipshod is, in reality, Don Pleasance (pleasancefamily). Yes, sad to say, but this previously much respected member of the forum has been reduced to posing as "WilfSlipshod" (aka "WilfredSlipshod"). In reality, WilfSlipshod (or Don, as we remember him before) is a 40-something man with kids, believe it or not, living in Austria and waiting for his plane to Christchurch, NZ. It is always painful to witness a sad trajectory like this but I am sure we are all in agreement in saying that although it is very embarrassing to see a previous hero of the forum become a mutli-persona poster, we are not here to judge.

Perhaps we can all have a minute's silence as we all remember the useful info that Don used to post and as we reflect on what a normal man Don "don't call me Donald" Pleasance used to be.

My earlier post on this same topic was deleted (presumably at Don's request) so I repeat it here again.

By the way, as firm evidence, here is part of the thread Liar!Liar! Pants on fire! started by WilfSlipshod (Don Pleasance). The post below is a reply to WilfSlipshod. Notice the d in "Think you're right there d". This is d for Don. Also, the syle of WilfSlipshod's work is so obviously that of Donald that it is embarrassing - for an impression, this is like Felicity Kendall putting on a moustache and saying she is Saddam Hussein.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Think you're right there d, we had Smoko for a while but no one really took any notice...he'll soon get the hump now's he's been 'outed'!

Can't see much point in continuing as Slipshod though. My point was that there is no sense in listening to the rubbish Wilf spouts about Australia as he has no knowledge of living there.
Old Jun 20th 2003, 4:57 am
Forum Regular

Smoko is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by WilfSlipshod
A harmless guess but wrong. Yes I used to post here under another name but you are not on track yet.

Can't see much point in continuing as Slipshod though. My point was that there is no sense in listening to the rubbish Wilf spouts about Australia as he has no knowledge of living there.
Thanks for the bump Don. Keep it up, it saves me from doing it. Consider it part of the healing because it is necessary for everyone to know before the healing can start. You have chosen this public forum on which to get better Donald and you have my respect for that. I am sorry if you choose to stop being WilfSlipshod, Don, but have no fear, my daily reminders will keep all informed of your progress and ensure that your healing is all the more quick. You gave harsh lessons with many uncomforting words to many in the past Donald. Just consider this my help to you.
Old Jun 22nd 2003, 4:09 am
Don
Banned

Don is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by Smoko

What’s all this?! I go away for a couple of weeks, do a quick search and find I am the villain of the board. For the record, I confirm I am Don Pleasance (never Donald) and NOT Wilf Slipshod or Wilfred Slipshod. Nobody owes me an apology as my ego is always left at the door as I enter this hallowed place.

For the record, yes I was once a ‘doppelganger’ – some might remember me as NewstartNZ. I had to hang my head in shame and transmogrify when I posted a couple of alcohol fumed posts that I am now ashamed about. (Slipper, don’t bother to do a search and check because I deleted them.)

As to whether Slipper is really Wilf and/or Smoko, not for me to comment. But if somebody was posting upsetting and negative comments about my destination, NZ, without any personal experience of the place, I guess I’d feel a bit p’d off as well.

For the record, Slipper, I changed my post to say 'eloquent quillster' because I was impressed by your eloquence, wit, turn of phrase and personal experience reporting. If you return to doing that I am sure everybody would very much welcome your reincarnation as Slipper. I already asked you to keep posting and don't see a reason to change my position

A comment to Paula – your valued and friendly advice will be missed so I hope you lurk in future like me and occasionally send a post.
Old Jun 22nd 2003, 4:16 am
Don
Banned

Forgot to add: the only posts I would ask moderators to delete would be very rude or racially insulting ones.
Old Jun 22nd 2003, 4:24 am
Don
Banned

Forgot to add: I'm actually looking forward to the barn dances in Christchurch! It'll take me back to my Young Farmer days in Buckinghamshire. (Wish I knew then what I know now. Wish I was as capable now as I was then)
Old Jun 22nd 2003, 7:25 am
Don
Banned

Forgot to add: I was a classmate of JK Rowling of Harry Potter fame and recognise someone who can put together a good line. Well done Slipper, you thoroughly deserve your GCSE in English. Keep posting those bits of witty prose (but not the one liners.) Jo Rowling (to me) was, however, rubbish at French though a very nice person indeed and it is a source of considerable satisfaction that although she has got GBP100 million I can at least conjugate my irregular verbs better than her.
Old Jun 23rd 2003, 5:23 pm
Don
Banned

Don, you're one cool dude.
Old Jun 23rd 2003, 5:28 pm
?????????

paulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of light

Don? you,re losing your memory as you get older, theres a name for that condition but I forget what it's called.
Old Jun 23rd 2003, 5:32 pm
Don
Banned

It's called Austaraliana. Ps I was never Slippy Shod etc but I am now a bit piassred
Old Jun 23rd 2003, 5:33 pm
Don
Banned

Sorry must sign off!
Old Jun 23rd 2003, 5:49 pm
Banned

newstartnz is a jewel in the roughnewstartnz is a jewel in the roughnewstartnz is a jewel in the roughnewstartnz is a jewel in the roughnewstartnz is a jewel in the rough

Don, you are a hell of a cool character! Respect! Total respect!!!Glad you gave that Slipper...the slip!!!

NewstartNZ