Wilf... why so negative???

Wilf... why so negative???

Old Jul 24th 2003, 12:48 pm
BE Forum Addict

Wilf is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Wilf... why so negative???

Originally posted by wolfens_wife
Wilf

I dont understand why you are so negative on every post about Australia. Why???
Surely life is what you make it, and if your happy and successful in the UK, you will suceed whatever.

Come on.... have you got ONE GOOD WORD about OZ???

Mich
I am so negative, as you put it, becasue I live in Oz and know the reality of life in this very ordinary country. I know that many emigrating here are making the biggest mistake of their life and feel obliged to point that out in the hope (vain hope?) that one or two will think "maybe he is right" and then I will have done them a favour I am sure of it.

One good thing about Oz? OK, I saw a good film in Melbourne one year. It was called "Terminator" - you know it? Oh no, hang on, that was when I was on holiday in New Zealand. Oh, well it seems not then.
Old Jul 25th 2003, 2:43 am
Free at last!

Houdini is on a distinguished road

Originally posted by Wilf
I am so negative, as you put it, becasue I live in Oz and know the reality of life in this very ordinary country. I know that many emigrating here are making the biggest mistake of their life and feel obliged to point that out in the hope (vain hope?) that one or two will think "maybe he is right" and then I will have done them a favour I am sure of it.

One good thing about Oz? OK, I saw a good film in Melbourne one year. It was called "Terminator" - you know it? Oh no, hang on, that was when I was on holiday in New Zealand. Oh, well it seems not then.

C'mon Wilf, you know, I know and Geoff Hoon knows that you're just "sexing up" allegations that Oz is a really bad place to live. I've seen Neighbours and Home & Away and they're far from the hell hole you think Oz is. I for one am still going; in fact I'm going to see if I can buy a nice place in Summer Bay.
Old Jul 25th 2003, 2:51 am
Proudly Deplorable

Amazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by Houdini
C'mon Wilf, you know, I know and Geoff Hoon knows that you're just "sexing up" allegations that Oz is a really bad place to live. I've seen Neighbours and Home & Away and they're far from the hell hole you think Oz is. I for one am still going; in fact I'm going to see if I can buy a nice place in Summer Bay.
Is Ramsey Street not to your liking then ?.
Old Jul 25th 2003, 2:59 am
Free at last!

Houdini is on a distinguished road

Originally posted by Amazulu
Is Ramsey Street not to your liking then ?.
Nah! I've heard it's a nightmare to park the car anywhere there with all those cameras knocking about.
Old Jul 25th 2003, 4:07 am
Life's next chapter is?

theguitardoctor is a splendid one to beholdtheguitardoctor is a splendid one to beholdtheguitardoctor is a splendid one to beholdtheguitardoctor is a splendid one to beholdtheguitardoctor is a splendid one to beholdtheguitardoctor is a splendid one to beholdtheguitardoctor is a splendid one to beholdtheguitardoctor is a splendid one to beholdtheguitardoctor is a splendid one to beholdtheguitardoctor is a splendid one to beholdtheguitardoctor is a splendid one to behold

Originally posted by Wilf

According to Wilf on another post NZ is a crap hole - why holiday there then? Or was that when times were good, before all us migrants came in.....

If you don't like Oz, then big deal - emigrate (what's wrong don't you qualify? there, there). Your knowledge of the UK or NZ is secondhand at best, so you can't make a realistic comparison anyway, but no doubt you will continue to try....

You can't really blame people for wanting change, it's human nature. If we'd all stayed put, you wouldn't be where you are now...so no matter what you say, people will always migrate from their own countries in a certain number. The grass may be greener, it may not, but that's for them to find out, unless someone appointed you God whilst I wasn't looking.

You may be old Wilf, but you are not too wise, because if you think your bitter ramblings will put anyone here off, you are sorely mistaken. If you want to do us a favour (as you previously stated), then go and amuse yourself somewhere you are wanted, instead of posting inane drivel continually...

Rich.
Old Jul 25th 2003, 4:53 am
I'm lovin' it

chippy is a name known to allchippy is a name known to allchippy is a name known to allchippy is a name known to allchippy is a name known to allchippy is a name known to allchippy is a name known to allchippy is a name known to allchippy is a name known to allchippy is a name known to allchippy is a name known to all

Looks like you are taking a bit of a battering here Wilfo.
With your weak constitution I shall expect you to bow down yet again with the old sob story; 'Wilf will post no more'

Aaah, what again? Poor old Wilfo. Still, take comfort you can always talk to your veggies. How does your garden grow these days anyway?
Old Jul 25th 2003, 6:46 am
Don
Banned

Don is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by chippy
Looks like you are taking a bit of a battering here Wilfo.
With your weak constitution I shall expect you to bow down yet again with the old sob story; 'Wilf will post no more'

Aaah, what again? Poor old Wilfo. Still, take comfort you can always talk to your veggies. How does your garden grow these days anyway?
Rhubarb is the best one growing in Wilf's garden. Plus apparently most of his other vegetables are whoppers too.