Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Wilf - put up or shut up

Wikiposts

Wilf - put up or shut up

Old Jul 28th 2003, 5:32 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Jayr - I think you will find your posts have been moved to the Lounge, I just came across some about Amnesty, & the American Constitution there - a better place for them surely? Why post about the American Constitution in an Aussie forum?
Regards,
Confused of Sussex
Old Jul 28th 2003, 5:33 pm
Ex Mod (2002-2005)

ptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by Pollyana
Why post about the American Constitution in an Aussie forum?
It's called spam.
Old Jul 28th 2003, 5:34 pm
Karma Comedian

jayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond repute

Jayr - I think you will find your posts have been moved to the Lounge, I just came across some about Amnesty, & the American Constitution there - a better place for them surely? Why post about the American Constitution in an Aussie forum?
Regards,
Confused of Sussex

You would be confused, the context was the removal of threads that were simply debate even if disagreeable, many went missing this afternoon, without the context my posted threads make little sense
Old Jul 28th 2003, 5:35 pm
Ex Mod (2002-2005)

ptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by jayr
I fear I am on the backlist and may be forced into hiding.
Before you go filing a complaint to the US Supreme Court, I urge you to first consider where your future threads should be posted, and also to check out the Lounge for your lost threads.

On another note, they were good reading.
Old Jul 28th 2003, 5:35 pm
Karma Comedian

jayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by ptlabs
It's called spam.

I don't think that's what the Americans thought when they came up with the Consitution enshrining freedom of speech.
Old Jul 28th 2003, 5:36 pm
Karma Comedian

Before you go filing a complaint to the US Supreme Court, I urge you to first consider where your future threads should be posted, and also to check out the Lounge for your lost threads.

On another note, they were good reading.

This is a duiifcult one giving that some other threads Iposted to have disappeared. Are these too to emerge in the Lounge or are they to remain permanently deleted?
Old Jul 28th 2003, 5:37 pm
Ex Mod (2002-2005)

I don't think that's what the Americans thought when they came up with the Consitution enshrining freedom of speech.
If you haven't been updating yourself, the US federal and state legislatures are planning measures against spam.

Spam is considered a nuisance as much as the spammers want to hide under the cloak of "free speech".
Old Jul 28th 2003, 5:38 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

I'm not an American, I'm a Brit looking for views/opinions on life in Oz, and I'm sick of reading petty squabbles, and posts that don't belong in the place they have been put.
I'm inclined to agree with ptlabs, some of your posts do seem to fall under the "spam" heading.
Old Jul 28th 2003, 5:39 pm
Ex Mod (2002-2005)

Are these too to emerge in the Lounge or are they to remain permanently deleted?
spam get binned.
Old Jul 28th 2003, 5:41 pm
Karma Comedian

If you haven't been updating yourself, the US federal and state legislatures are planning measures against spam.

Spam is considered a nuisance as much as the spammers want to hide under the cloak of "free speech".

Hardly the same thing, two postings referencing freedom of speech issues whilst censorship was occurring, I even asked you to remove them. I'd much rather be allowed to have this debate with you then have to make such points by other means.
Old Jul 28th 2003, 5:54 pm
Karma Comedian

I'm not an American, I'm a Brit looking for views/opinions on life in Oz, and I'm sick of reading petty squabbles, and posts that don't belong in the place they have been put.
I'm inclined to agree with ptlabs, some of your posts do seem to fall under the "spam" heading.

I trust my many postings to potential emigrants to Brisbane on suburbs, transport, tax reclaims, where to rent cars cheap, how much renting houses costs, links to rental agents, discussion of the merits of the climate etc. etc. have been of little use to you. Perhaps I'll stop posting altogether.
Old Jul 28th 2003, 5:58 pm
Ex Mod (2002-2005)

I trust my many postings to potential emigrants to Brisbane on suburbs, transport, tax reclaims, where to rent cars cheap, how much renting houses costs, links to rental agents, discussion of the merits of the climate etc. etc. have been of little use to you. Perhaps I'll stop posting altogether.
It cuts both ways. You threaten to quit when people accuse you of spamming. But it's "freedom of speech" when some one else is accused of having a hidden agenda. Please....
Old Jul 28th 2003, 6:08 pm
Karma Comedian

It cuts both ways. You threaten to quit when people accuse you of spamming. But it's "freedom of speech" when some one else is accused of having a hidden agenda. Please....

I think 'freedom of speech' covers me for choosing whether to speak freely or not.
Old Jul 28th 2003, 6:11 pm
Ex Mod (2002-2005)

I think 'freedom of speech' covers me for choosing whether to speak freely or not.
Then don't
Old Jul 28th 2003, 6:14 pm
BE Enthusiast

Gra.B is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Wilf - put up or shut up

Originally posted by Wilf
You do not understand how it is that a man grown to adulthood in London, with the majority of his family living in England, and going on trips back to England every few years recently, can know about life in England?

Oz is not as backwards as you imagine, Grabbie - I have a telephone, writing paper, and I am typing this on a computer connected to the internet, not a shoebox with keys drawn on it with crayons.
.....but if anyone bases their knowledge of Oz/Nz on holidays, or friends there, then no doubt they are a 'prat son'?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.