Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Wilf - put up or shut up

Wikiposts

Wilf - put up or shut up

Old Jul 27th 2003, 1:23 pm
Banned

pommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by pleasancefamily
Well, apparently he's married and living with wife and offspring in NZ (near Wellington? Not sure.) On about NZD40K a year - no joke. Couldn't get a job in the area he's got skills. Disillusioned. Computer access.

Doesn't excuse a troll mentality, posting about the Australia he never knew.

Slipper - Wilf - who gives an Orang utan's!!!
If the same guy praised Australia would you care or wait on every word with baited breath?

Old Jul 27th 2003, 4:48 pm
Don
Banned

Don is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by pommie bastard
If the same guy praised Australia would you care or wait on every word with baited breath?
Quite the opposite, PB. Whenever someone posts ANYTHING that relies on personal experience or insight, it's a lot more interesting, credible and relevant than the crap Wilf/ Slipper/ Smoko invents. I'm perfectly happy to hear all the negative comments and read the gloomsters' posts - serves as a good reality check.
Old Jul 27th 2003, 4:54 pm
Banned

pommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond repute

Quite the opposite, PB. Whenever someone posts ANYTHING that relies on personal experience or insight, it's a lot more interesting, credible and relevant than the crap Wilf/ Slipper/ Smoko invents. I'm perfectly happy to hear all the negative comments and read the gloomsters' posts - serves as a good reality check.
The muti-posters are doing themselves a dis-service not this forum I would hope that any mature person can decide what is information and what is provocation.

Old Jul 27th 2003, 8:22 pm
BE Enthusiast

Gra.B is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Wilf - put up or shut up

Originally posted by Wilf
As I have said many times before, I have no intention of posting personal information. I have seen it used against people to rubbish posts that have merit and that is my reason. I have lived in Oz for all my adult life and have every right to state my low opinion of Oz on the forum.
Come off it 'Wilf', so you've been there for 40yrs or so? you are sooo full of it[sic].

So how would you know anything about the UK?

Copyright Slipp...sorry...Wilf '03
The UK is the greatest place in the world to live and work, and to raise well educated, successful, happy kids, and the last people to realise this is the UK residents themselves.
How could you possibly know all that?

Then you go on to say...

Copyright Slipp...sorry...Wilf '03
If everyone gave their opinion of the UK based on their own experience, not what they read in the papers or just what they imagine MIGHT happen, then the vast majority would be saying how great it is, I am sure of it.
Hmm....

So where are you heading to now? You mentioned you're leaving the country soon...and why wait 40 yrs to escape?

Gra...
Old Jul 28th 2003, 5:42 am
Don
Banned

As I have said many times before, I have no intention of posting personal information. I have seen it used against people to rubbish posts that have merit and that is my reason. I have lived in Oz for all my adult life and have every right to state my low opinion of Oz on the forum. I have never bowed to bullies in my life, son, and am not about to start now. If you do not like my stuff, don't read it, but as far as I know there are already forum referees here and I am sure if a vacancy came up they would not want you.

It is ironic you talk all the time about me being someone else because I recall that you admitted to playing at being another poster called "NewstartNZ". For a 40 year old man with kids, this is pretty pathetic behaviour is it not? Perhaps you need to address your own troubles, son, before you start throwing stones at my window.

I have said it before, I will say it again: I am Wilf, only Wilf. Not
PB, not Dotty, not Slipper, not Megalania, just Wilf.

One last thing. Is your name really Don Pleasance? Your mum and dad must have had a cruel sense of humour, since I see you must have been born in about 1963 and the disturbing actor Donald Pleasance was very famous then for being in the Great Escape. I saw it in London not long after it came out and enjoy it as much these days as I did then. Anyway, Don, you have my sympathies - that must have been a hell of a name to go through school with. I bet you wish mum had been a fan of Steve McQueen instead now don't you?
Wilfo-Slipper,

If I could be bothered to waste my time doing it, it would be extremely easy to cross-reference your posts as 'Wilf' against your posts as 'Slipper' - you voiced exactly the same sentiments about immigration Downunder using both names and I have an acute ear for language and a memory like an elephant, old son.

Can't see why you think posting personal insight and experience is going to lead to you being rubbished or that somehow this personal information makes you vulnerable. Let's face it: you DON'T HAVE ANY PERSONAL INFORMATION about Australia yet!!!

I'm not a bully but don't like to see the nasty way you post poison about the Australia you never knew, making quite a lot of people who dream of starting a new chapter in their lives there very upset.

Actually I do like the stuff you post when we are talking about funnies, wit, repartee or (as of old) your genuine thoughts on life in NZ. I detest your vitriol about the Australia you know nothing about.

If you want to be known as Wilf - fine. Just stop posting crap about Australia.

Yes, I was NewstartNZ and who gives a toss? - I didn't post under 2 names at once, just changed my user name. Even Megalania has had the good grace to realise a doppel personality (triple in your case) is pathetic.

I imagine you are just staying in NZ long enough to get the IRRV or the passport then will try your luck in Aus. Good onya. That would explain a lot of your behaviour, old son. But don't go blaming the world because you can't find a job relevant to your qualifications in a small country like NZ.
Old Jul 28th 2003, 6:57 am
Forum Regular

onetwothree is an unknown quantity at this point

Wilf is Slippers who actually lives in Auckland if my memory serves me correctly.

One word springs to mind - LOSER
Old Jul 28th 2003, 8:45 am
I'm lovin' it

chippy is a name known to allchippy is a name known to allchippy is a name known to allchippy is a name known to allchippy is a name known to allchippy is a name known to allchippy is a name known to allchippy is a name known to allchippy is a name known to allchippy is a name known to allchippy is a name known to all

As I have said before, Chipstick, I do keep a good garden at home but come to this patch to tend my vegetables like yourself. When the season started, I had hopes for you, but now you are starting to look wizened and weedy, and I think I will have to send you into That's Life as an amusing veggie that looks (and posts) like stunted wedding tackle.
Bravo Wilfo, bravo. The funniest retort you've posted in ages. Applause, applause....encore!!

Does this mean you've had the lobotamy reversal after all? I wondered where you'd been these last few weeks. Hope your recovery goes well.
Old Jul 28th 2003, 11:04 am
BE Enthusiast

TimEh? is an unknown quantity at this point

Wilfo-Slipper,

If I could be bothered to waste my time doing it, it would be extremely easy to cross-reference your posts as 'Wilf' against your posts as 'Slipper' - you voiced exactly the same sentiments about immigration Downunder using both names and I have an acute ear for language and a memory like an elephant, old son.
The styles ARE similar. Witness this post to someone:

Originally posted by Slippers
You often show too much class here old son. I have seen over time that you are one of the least rude, and most of your replies are very humorous and show an enjoyment of the language that go over most people's heads I fear.
That was very Wilfish but Wilf claims to have children in the UK; whereas, Slippers says he has no kids.

The first reply I ever got from Slippers was pleasant:

Originally posted by Slippers
I suppose the main reason is that although the lounge seems busier today, when I look it generally seems a bit quiet. However, I have often looked at the returning to the UK section, as anyone who has emigrated to this side of the world will understand, and there are some very interesting posters there - notably your good self.

Cheers, Slippers
However, my first contact with Wilf was... well... er... very Wilfish (he stuck the boots in from the get go).

So I'm not buying it that they are the same person. Both write very well but Slippers makes grammar mistakes that Wilf never would (like that tortured sentence for example).

Note to Wilf: I am not having a go at you "old son" (both Slippers and Wilf use that phrase) as you and I have made our peace.
Old Jul 28th 2003, 11:34 am
BE Forum Addict

Wilf is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by Gra.B
Come off it 'Wilf', so you've been there for 40yrs or so? you are sooo full of it[sic].

So how would you know anything about the UK?

How could you possibly know all that?

Then you go on to say...

Hmm....

So where are you heading to now? You mentioned you're leaving the country soon...and why wait 40 yrs to escape?

Gra...

You do not understand how it is that a man grown to adulthood in London, with the majority of his family living in England, and going on trips back to England every few years recently, can know about life in England?

Oz is not as backwards as you imagine, Grabbie - I have a telephone, writing paper, and I am typing this on a computer connected to the internet, not a shoebox with keys drawn on it with crayons.

As I always say, son, if you do not like my stuff or do not think I have anything of use to say, don't read what I write.

For the 100th time: I am Wilf. Not PB, not Dotty, not Slipper, not Megalania, not even NewstartNZ. Just Wilf.

No doubt you will make the accusation again. It bothers me not a jot. Imagine if someone started saying you were from the moon - it would bother you or you would just think "I am dealing with a prat here"? Then you know how I feel. Carry on, son, you don't seem to have much else to say these days and I suppose it keeps you busy.

You should be more concerned with moving to Dunedin which, if there ever was a coffin for early (but permanent) retirement, that was it. Before you ask how it can be that any human being other than Grabbie could know about NZ, and Dunedin, I will tell you that we are allowed out of Oz, now and again, and you are even allowed to have friends and family that live overseas.
Old Jul 28th 2003, 12:09 pm
BE Forum Addict

Wilfo-Slipper,

Can't see why you think posting personal insight and experience is going to lead to you being rubbished or that somehow this personal information makes you vulnerable. Let's face it: you DON'T HAVE ANY PERSONAL INFORMATION about Australia yet!!!

I'm not a bully but don't like to see the nasty way you post poison about the Australia you never knew, making quite a lot of people who dream of starting a new chapter in their lives there very upset.

Actually I do like the stuff you post when we are talking about funnies, wit, repartee or (as of old) your genuine thoughts on life in NZ. I detest your vitriol about the Australia you know nothing about.

If you want to be known as Wilf - fine. Just stop posting crap about Australia.

Yes, I was NewstartNZ and who gives a toss? - I didn't post under 2 names at once, just changed my user name. Even Megalania has had the good grace to realise a doppel personality (triple in your case) is pathetic.

I imagine you are just staying in NZ long enough to get the IRRV or the passport then will try your luck in Aus. Good onya. That would explain a lot of your behaviour, old son. But don't go blaming the world because you can't find a job relevant to your qualifications in a small country like NZ.

I invite you to go ahead and "cross-reference", as you put it, my stuff with anyone else's. I am convinced that you have nothing better to do, and it will give you a use in life beyond doorstop. As I just said to Grab, it is like someone accusing you of being from the moon and so does not bother me one bit.

You have already admitted that you have posted under another name, "NewstartNZ", before and is it not a bit ironic that you are one of the people accusing me of doing the same thing? In fact, you are the most fervent about it. You yourself have admitted that you are someone who posts under different names. Now I will prove that you have also posted under yet another name.

It is funny that you say you have a good ear for for someone's writing because so do I. I remember a short while ago now that I was plagued by someone called "Wilfslipshod" who, coincidentally enough, also had it fixed in his mind that I was Slipper. In fact, he accused me of being a "doppel". Doppel, being the German for double, and a short version of doppelganger. It caught my eye at the time. It is a rare word for a UK person to use unless they are used to Germanic languages and, what a surprise, you live in Austria do you not? There is no-one else on this forum, I think, that would use the word "doppel" like you do, and I can honestly say that, so rare is it, I have never heard it used by anyone except you in my whole life. You have used it again in this latest post to me.

So, not only are you "NewstartNZ", as you have admitted, but you are also "Wilfslipshod". I also remember that GraB and some other poster whose name I forget now (Britboy?) said words to the effect that they also thought that "Wilfslipshod" was you, and these are your pals are they not? So you have three names on this forum - is this dignified behaviour from a man in his forties with children?

It is very clear from your one-subject posts that you have a big problem with Slipper, but does it really help for you to accuse me of being Slipper just to try to get over it? Carry on, son, it bothers me not, but I worry about your mental state, that is all.

I have lived in Oz all my adult life and have every right to voice my opinions on the place. I do not bow to bullies like you and will continue to post my views for as long as I like. You may not believe it, but some people have told me that they like to hear what I have to say, and I am posting for the interested, not those with vendettas against other people using several personalities to carry out their revenge.
Old Jul 28th 2003, 4:30 pm
Don
Banned

Attaboy Wilfo! Don't worry, I can't be bothered to cross-reference things you've said in the past. Let's all live for the morrow. (But who else, for example, both said that immigrants downunder are racist and hypocritical because they complain about illegal immigrants to the UK but still head off themselves to Aus/ NZ? Why - it was Wilf and his mate Slipper.)

But hardly surprising that I know the word 'doppel' as it is a common enough term on the internet (like 'troll' which you are probably familiar with). As it happens, I do speak German - plus fluent French, Italian, Spanish, passable Portuguese, execrable but understandable certain Central European language that might be for me to know and you to guess, plus I tried learning Arabic, Cantonese and Russian too for several months but to very little effect.

So hardly a shock that my vocabulary should include the word 'doppel'.

So which Australian city are you living in/near then?
Old Jul 28th 2003, 4:43 pm
BE Forum Addict

Attaboy Wilfo! Don't worry, I can't be bothered to cross-reference things you've said in the past. Let's all live for the morrow. (But who else, for example, both said that immigrants downunder are racist and hypocritical because they complain about illegal immigrants to the UK but still head off themselves to Aus/ NZ? Why - it was Wilf and his mate Slipper.)

But hardly surprising that I know the word 'doppel' as it is a common enough term on the internet (like 'troll' which you are probably familiar with). As it happens, I do speak German - plus fluent French, Italian, Spanish, passable Portuguese, execrable but understandable certain Central European language that might be for me to know and you to guess, plus I tried learning Arabic, Cantonese and Russian too for several months but to very little effect.

So hardly a shock that my vocabulary should include the word 'doppel'.

So which Australian city are you living in/near then?

Many people make the point that anti-immigrant emigrants are hypocrites. In fact I got that phrase off one of them because I thought it was clever. I think it was AndrewR but I may be making a mistake.

You are wrong about the word "doppel". I have never, in all my life, heard a pom use the word, especially not as often as you. You (and your other identity "Wilfslipshod") are the only person on the forum that does use it. You are, as the coppers used to say on the telly, banged to rights.

You have already admitted that you are also posting under the name "NewstartNZ". Will you now admit that you are also "Wilfslipshod" and stop this buggering about?
Old Jul 28th 2003, 4:47 pm
Karma Comedian

jayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond repute

(But who else, for example, both said that immigrants downunder are racist and hypocritical because they complain about illegal immigrants to the UK but still head off themselves to Aus/ NZ? Why - it was Wilf and his mate Slipper.)

Actually it was me, and thankfully there are others who also seem to agree, the point specifically was how hypocritical are the views of those fleeing the UK due to the asylum and immigration issues turning into immigrants themselves. Even more ironic is it for those who cannot see the hypocrisy.

Note: Read this fast before the whole thread disappears
Old Jul 28th 2003, 4:51 pm
Don
Banned

Originally posted by jayr
(But who else, for example, both said that immigrants downunder are racist and hypocritical because they complain about illegal immigrants to the UK but still head off themselves to Aus/ NZ? Why - it was Wilf and his mate Slipper.)

Actually it was me, and thankfully there are others who also seem to agree, the point specifically was how hypocritical are the views of those fleeing the UK due to the asylum and immigration issues turning into immigrants themselves. Even more ironic is it for those who cannot see the hypocrisy.

Note: Read this fast before the whole thread disappears
Why - are some threads getting cut?
Old Jul 28th 2003, 5:02 pm
Karma Comedian

jayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond repute

Why - are some threads getting cut?

About four or five this afternoon, started with some minor disagrrement between PB and Alan Collett, now many things are disappearing. In some annyance I posted threads with links to Amnest International on Freedom of Expression, ironically also cut swiftly along with my post of quotes by various supreme court justices on the American Constituion, I fear I am on the backlist and may be forced into hiding.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.