British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Australia (https://britishexpats.com/forum/australia-54/)
-   -   Wii query (https://britishexpats.com/forum/australia-54/wii-query-564429/)

SilverH Sep 30th 2008 9:00 am

Wii query

Posted this in "The Lab" but not had a response....

Does anyone know if the Wii iPlayer works in Oz?

I have looked on the net and cant seem to find a response on this so would really appreciate a response if anyone knows...

Thanks

Tx

moneypenny20 Sep 30th 2008 9:14 am

Re: Wii query

Originally Posted by SilverH (Post 6832287)

I have looked on the net and cant seem to find a response on this so would really appreciate a response if anyone knows...

Thanks

Tx

Not sure where you were looking but yes they do work.

maisey Sep 30th 2008 9:19 am

ours works fine bought over games bought in Oz work ok

Gems Sep 30th 2008 11:56 am

Yes, they work fine.
Been using are UK one for over a year. You can use UK and Australian games on the UK or European wii console.

So bring your UK wii, and you can still buy wii games here for it.

Gems

SilverH Sep 30th 2008 1:22 pm

In the UK you can use the bbc iplayer to connect via the internet to watch shows on the iplayer on the wii.... can you do this in oz or has the functionality not there?

Cant rain all the time2 Sep 30th 2008 1:45 pm

The bbci player does not work on my laptop outside of U.K so don't think it will work on the wii.

camacazi Sep 30th 2008 2:27 pm

Originally Posted by SilverH (Post 6832287)

Thanks

Tx

whats an iplayer? is it the wii console?

nigel and wendy Sep 30th 2008 8:42 pm

Originally Posted by camacazi (Post 6833072)
whats an iplayer?

its an internet tv station that runs repeats of bbc programes.......the wii has a browser similar to explorer on ur comp,however,i believe the bbc has blocked outside UK connections due to licensing or sommet !!

SilverH Oct 1st 2008 7:33 am

Originally Posted by nigel and wendy (Post 6834040)
its an internet tv station that runs repeats of bbc programes.......the wii has a browser similar to explorer on ur comp,however,i believe the bbc has blocked outside UK connections due to licensing or sommet !!

Thanks for that! I was hoping I might find some advice on hiding my ip or something that would still allow me to be able to use the iplayer on the wii in oz - the kids love cbeebies.... :) I just have no idea how to even approach it!

nigel and wendy Oct 1st 2008 7:38 am

Originally Posted by SilverH (Post 6835000)
Thanks for that! I was hoping I might find some advice on hiding my ip or something that would still allow me to be able to use the iplayer on the wii in oz - the kids love cbeebies.... :) I just have no idea how to even approach it!

without getting to technical...........you need to use a "proxy" but in this case it`ll need to be a UK proxy,basically your just bouncing your net connection from oz then to the UK fooling the bbc into believing your in the UK.

there is software that will do this for you,but as i`m not in oz yet i aint tryed it myself.........maybe some1 will come along with that answer.

SilverH Oct 1st 2008 7:43 am

Originally Posted by nigel and wendy (Post 6835009)
without getting to technical...........you need to use a "proxy" but in this case it`ll need to be a UK proxy,basically your just bouncing your net connection from oz then to the UK fooling the bbc into believing your in the UK.

there is software that will do this for you,but as i`m not in oz yet i aint tryed it myself.........maybe some1 will come along with that answer.

smashing thanks a mill... x :thumbsup:

nigel and wendy Oct 1st 2008 7:46 am

to be honest i`m an xbox360 man myself,its my daughter that is mad on the wii..........she has allsorts working on it........i`l ask her 2nite when shes home from work how she got it going !!:D

SilverH Oct 1st 2008 8:28 am

Originally Posted by nigel and wendy (Post 6835026)
to be honest i`m an xbox360 man myself,its my daughter that is mad on the wii..........she has allsorts working on it........i`l ask her 2nite when shes home from work how she got it going !!:D

my hubbie is big into his gaming... he also loves his 360, well that and the ps3 and the computer and the psp... the list goes on forever! I am a gaming wife widow :lol:

nigel and wendy Oct 1st 2008 8:30 am

Originally Posted by SilverH (Post 6835086)
my hubbie is big into his gaming... he also loves his 360, well that and the ps3 and the computer and the psp... the list goes on forever! I am a gaming wife widow :lol:

hahah lol !! same here...........blokes and there toys eh !!!!!:D:D

comet555 Oct 1st 2008 9:31 am

Originally Posted by SilverH (Post 6835000)

If you get Foxtel you should be able to get cbeebies as of November 1st. They're introducing two new BBC channels so the kids could get their show that way.
http://www.tvtonight.com.au/2008/09/...-channels.html

If you don't want to get Foxtel you might be able to get it from UK Nova or maybe get a Slingbox and have a relative hook it up on the tv back home.