Wii query

Old Sep 30th 2008, 9:00 am
Forum Regular

SilverH is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Wii query

Posted this in "The Lab" but not had a response....

Does anyone know if the Wii iPlayer works in Oz?

I have looked on the net and cant seem to find a response on this so would really appreciate a response if anyone knows...

Thanks

Tx
Old Sep 30th 2008, 9:14 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Wii query

Originally Posted by SilverH

I have looked on the net and cant seem to find a response on this so would really appreciate a response if anyone knows...

Thanks

Tx
Not sure where you were looking but yes they do work.
Old Sep 30th 2008, 9:19 am
BE Enthusiast

maisey is a splendid one to beholdmaisey is a splendid one to beholdmaisey is a splendid one to beholdmaisey is a splendid one to beholdmaisey is a splendid one to beholdmaisey is a splendid one to beholdmaisey is a splendid one to beholdmaisey is a splendid one to beholdmaisey is a splendid one to beholdmaisey is a splendid one to beholdmaisey is a splendid one to behold

ours works fine bought over games bought in Oz work ok
Old Sep 30th 2008, 11:56 am
BE Forum Addict

Gems has a reputation beyond reputeGems has a reputation beyond reputeGems has a reputation beyond reputeGems has a reputation beyond reputeGems has a reputation beyond reputeGems has a reputation beyond reputeGems has a reputation beyond reputeGems has a reputation beyond reputeGems has a reputation beyond reputeGems has a reputation beyond reputeGems has a reputation beyond repute

Yes, they work fine.
Been using are UK one for over a year. You can use UK and Australian games on the UK or European wii console.

So bring your UK wii, and you can still buy wii games here for it.

Gems
Old Sep 30th 2008, 1:22 pm
Forum Regular

In the UK you can use the bbc iplayer to connect via the internet to watch shows on the iplayer on the wii.... can you do this in oz or has the functionality not there?
Old Sep 30th 2008, 1:45 pm
Forum Regular

Cant rain all the time2 is just really niceCant rain all the time2 is just really niceCant rain all the time2 is just really niceCant rain all the time2 is just really niceCant rain all the time2 is just really niceCant rain all the time2 is just really niceCant rain all the time2 is just really niceCant rain all the time2 is just really niceCant rain all the time2 is just really niceCant rain all the time2 is just really niceCant rain all the time2 is just really nice

The bbci player does not work on my laptop outside of U.K so don't think it will work on the wii.
Old Sep 30th 2008, 2:27 pm
BE Forum Addict

camacazi is just really nicecamacazi is just really nicecamacazi is just really nicecamacazi is just really nicecamacazi is just really nicecamacazi is just really nicecamacazi is just really nicecamacazi is just really nicecamacazi is just really nicecamacazi is just really nicecamacazi is just really nice

Thanks

Tx
whats an iplayer? is it the wii console?
Old Sep 30th 2008, 8:42 pm
Forum Regular

nigel and wendy is just really nicenigel and wendy is just really nicenigel and wendy is just really nicenigel and wendy is just really nicenigel and wendy is just really nicenigel and wendy is just really nicenigel and wendy is just really nicenigel and wendy is just really nicenigel and wendy is just really nice

Originally Posted by camacazi
whats an iplayer?
its an internet tv station that runs repeats of bbc programes.......the wii has a browser similar to explorer on ur comp,however,i believe the bbc has blocked outside UK connections due to licensing or sommet !!
Old Oct 1st 2008, 7:33 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by nigel and wendy
its an internet tv station that runs repeats of bbc programes.......the wii has a browser similar to explorer on ur comp,however,i believe the bbc has blocked outside UK connections due to licensing or sommet !!
Thanks for that! I was hoping I might find some advice on hiding my ip or something that would still allow me to be able to use the iplayer on the wii in oz - the kids love cbeebies.... I just have no idea how to even approach it!
Old Oct 1st 2008, 7:38 am
Forum Regular

nigel and wendy is just really nicenigel and wendy is just really nicenigel and wendy is just really nicenigel and wendy is just really nicenigel and wendy is just really nicenigel and wendy is just really nicenigel and wendy is just really nicenigel and wendy is just really nicenigel and wendy is just really nice

Thanks for that! I was hoping I might find some advice on hiding my ip or something that would still allow me to be able to use the iplayer on the wii in oz - the kids love cbeebies.... I just have no idea how to even approach it!
without getting to technical...........you need to use a "proxy" but in this case it`ll need to be a UK proxy,basically your just bouncing your net connection from oz then to the UK fooling the bbc into believing your in the UK.

there is software that will do this for you,but as i`m not in oz yet i aint tryed it myself.........maybe some1 will come along with that answer.
Old Oct 1st 2008, 7:43 am
Forum Regular

without getting to technical...........you need to use a "proxy" but in this case it`ll need to be a UK proxy,basically your just bouncing your net connection from oz then to the UK fooling the bbc into believing your in the UK.

there is software that will do this for you,but as i`m not in oz yet i aint tryed it myself.........maybe some1 will come along with that answer.
smashing thanks a mill... x
Old Oct 1st 2008, 7:46 am
Forum Regular

to be honest i`m an xbox360 man myself,its my daughter that is mad on the wii..........she has allsorts working on it........i`l ask her 2nite when shes home from work how she got it going !!
Old Oct 1st 2008, 8:28 am
Forum Regular

to be honest i`m an xbox360 man myself,its my daughter that is mad on the wii..........she has allsorts working on it........i`l ask her 2nite when shes home from work how she got it going !!
my hubbie is big into his gaming... he also loves his 360, well that and the ps3 and the computer and the psp... the list goes on forever! I am a gaming wife widow
Old Oct 1st 2008, 8:30 am
Forum Regular

my hubbie is big into his gaming... he also loves his 360, well that and the ps3 and the computer and the psp... the list goes on forever! I am a gaming wife widow
hahah lol !! same here...........blokes and there toys eh !!!!!
Old Oct 1st 2008, 9:31 am
Canuck/Aussie

comet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of light

If you get Foxtel you should be able to get cbeebies as of November 1st. They're introducing two new BBC channels so the kids could get their show that way.
http://www.tvtonight.com.au/2008/09/...-channels.html

If you don't want to get Foxtel you might be able to get it from UK Nova or maybe get a Slingbox and have a relative hook it up on the tv back home.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.