Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

The wife's a serial..... telly addict..

The wife's a serial..... telly addict..

Old Mar 15th 2005, 12:42 pm
Forum Regular

pazza is a name known to allpazza is a name known to allpazza is a name known to allpazza is a name known to allpazza is a name known to allpazza is a name known to allpazza is a name known to allpazza is a name known to allpazza is a name known to allpazza is a name known to allpazza is a name known to all
Smile The wife's a serial..... telly addict..

Can anyone tell me how powerful the Aussie sattelite is ? ha ha. Cos, she thinks, she'll miss U.K. television programmes . I must admit that it has crossed my mind, the thought of missing everything i watch on Skysports... , think i'd go crazy........ , but then reality clicks in and think , that we're not hoping to emmigrate to the other side of the world to..................watch telly.... But........................How powerful is the sattelite ?...................
Old Mar 15th 2005, 12:45 pm
BE Enthusiast

Olibeneli has a reputation beyond reputeOlibeneli has a reputation beyond reputeOlibeneli has a reputation beyond reputeOlibeneli has a reputation beyond reputeOlibeneli has a reputation beyond reputeOlibeneli has a reputation beyond reputeOlibeneli has a reputation beyond reputeOlibeneli has a reputation beyond reputeOlibeneli has a reputation beyond reputeOlibeneli has a reputation beyond reputeOlibeneli has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: The wife's a serial..... telly addict..

Originally Posted by pazza
Can anyone tell me how powerful the Aussie sattelite is ? ha ha. Cos, she thinks, she'll miss U.K. television programmes . I must admit that it has crossed my mind, the thought of missing everything i watch on Skysports... , think i'd go crazy........ , but then reality clicks in and think , that we're not hoping to emmigrate to the other side of the world to..................watch telly.... But........................How powerful is the sattelite ?...................
I think you're in for some cracking replies !.
Old Mar 15th 2005, 12:57 pm
Forum Regular

pazza is a name known to allpazza is a name known to allpazza is a name known to allpazza is a name known to allpazza is a name known to allpazza is a name known to allpazza is a name known to allpazza is a name known to allpazza is a name known to allpazza is a name known to allpazza is a name known to all

Originally Posted by Olibeneli
I think you're in for some cracking replies !.
I'm definitely sure......... but i'm not telling you what the first hobbies are..... ????????????
Old Mar 15th 2005, 1:08 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

JackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond repute

How powerful the aussie sattelite is?

If you want to know what tv, and satellite programs are available here, I'm sure someone will give you all the info. A brief summary.

No, you won't be able to receive british tv, but there is a channel on foxtel called UKTV, which shows old re-runs of stuff. Also ABC here, is the equialent of the BBC, and shows loads of BBC programs.

Theres also loads of sports channels on Foxtel, so you can watch live premiership matches.

Well thats a start, if there are any rocket scientists in the forum that can update us on the power of the aussie satellite, please let us know,

Cheers,
JTL
Old Mar 15th 2005, 1:11 pm
Forum Regular

LindyLoo is a jewel in the roughLindyLoo is a jewel in the roughLindyLoo is a jewel in the roughLindyLoo is a jewel in the roughLindyLoo is a jewel in the rough

Satellite seems fairly powerful and points eastward. Seems only capable of picking up letters....SUV, CSI, ER, L&O. Occasionally "Reality" slips through!
Old Mar 15th 2005, 1:13 pm
BE Enthusiast

Olibeneli has a reputation beyond reputeOlibeneli has a reputation beyond reputeOlibeneli has a reputation beyond reputeOlibeneli has a reputation beyond reputeOlibeneli has a reputation beyond reputeOlibeneli has a reputation beyond reputeOlibeneli has a reputation beyond reputeOlibeneli has a reputation beyond reputeOlibeneli has a reputation beyond reputeOlibeneli has a reputation beyond reputeOlibeneli has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by JackTheLad

If you want to know what tv, and satellite programs are available here, I'm sure someone will give you all the info. A brief summary.

No, you won't be able to receive british tv, but there is a channel on foxtel called UKTV, which shows old re-runs of stuff. Also ABC here, is the equialent of the BBC, and shows loads of BBC programs.

Theres also loads of sports channels on Foxtel, so you can watch live premiership matches.

Well thats a start, if there are any rocket scientists in the forum that can update us on the power of the aussie satellite, please let us know,

Cheers,
JTL
James Bond came in to problems with the satellite used in Goldeneye if that helps..........
Old Mar 15th 2005, 4:27 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by JackTheLad

Cheers,
JTL
Hi JTL, Thanks for that mate, I've just been to pick the kids up from school, and didn't have a clue what sarcasim i was going to get!!!! :scared: ,when i got back, but thanks for being . Have you ever wrote something, then thought why did i word it that way ? . I'll just put it down to experience, i've got broad enough shoulders to take any flack !! Cheers mate.....
Old Mar 15th 2005, 4:34 pm
Forum Regular

I guess i asked for that, but never mind......... , suppose i'll put my brain in gear next time.
Old Mar 15th 2005, 6:31 pm
BE Enthusiast

Alex Hall is just really niceAlex Hall is just really niceAlex Hall is just really niceAlex Hall is just really niceAlex Hall is just really niceAlex Hall is just really niceAlex Hall is just really niceAlex Hall is just really niceAlex Hall is just really niceAlex Hall is just really nice

Why go to Oz if all you will be doing is staying on the sofa and watching TV????????

:-)

Alex (confused)
Old Mar 15th 2005, 6:37 pm
Forum Regular

Dazlin will become famous soon enough

If it makes you feel any better I am just the same about my TV and I don't care what any one thinks!
Old Mar 15th 2005, 6:48 pm
BE Forum Addict

karenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud of

If its the footie you will miss and if i may be so bold to guess that it is sunderland that you support, and if they make it in to the prem then you will get a few games or you can watch them on your computer not sure of the sites you use, but a mate is coming around to mine to put them on for me so i can watch brum when i get to oz, when he does i will put the site onto the forum.
Old Mar 15th 2005, 7:10 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by karenjc
If its the footie you will miss and if i may be so bold to guess that it is sunderland that you support, and if they make it in to the prem then you will get a few games or you can watch them on your computer not sure of the sites you use, but a mate is coming around to mine to put them on for me so i can watch brum when i get to oz, when he does i will put the site onto the forum.
Cheers Karenjc,

I thought i would get a bit stick, but you're all not that bad .
Yes it is Sunderland i'll be missing, but hopefully we'll get to watch them somehow!! Providing we get ourselves promoted, we'll have to do a lot better than the last time we were there !!!! :scared:

cheers
Old Mar 15th 2005, 7:20 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Alex Hall
Why go to Oz if all you will be doing is staying on the sofa and watching TV????????

:-)

Alex (confused)
Hi Alex,

Is it the "norm" to stay out and enjoy yourselves for the full
24 hours a day in Aussie, cos i can only stay out these days for
around 20 hours.............oh no, i must be getting old..
Old Mar 15th 2005, 7:34 pm
BE Enthusiast

Neil S is just really niceNeil S is just really niceNeil S is just really niceNeil S is just really niceNeil S is just really niceNeil S is just really niceNeil S is just really niceNeil S is just really niceNeil S is just really niceNeil S is just really nice

The TV ratings system seems to be as cutthroat as the US here. If a programme is not being watched it's either shifted immediately to a graveyard slot or its gone completely. So I reckon people ARE bothered about whats on TV here and its not a totally outdoor lifestyle. Also Winter is a comin, especially in this neck of the woods, so who wants to sit out in 5 or 6C temps?
Old Mar 15th 2005, 7:47 pm
Forum Regular

Aussiepeter is just really niceAussiepeter is just really niceAussiepeter is just really niceAussiepeter is just really niceAussiepeter is just really niceAussiepeter is just really niceAussiepeter is just really niceAussiepeter is just really niceAussiepeter is just really niceAussiepeter is just really niceAussiepeter is just really nice

Hi Alex,

Is it the "norm" to stay out and enjoy yourselves for the full
24 hours a day in Aussie, cos i can only stay out these days for
around 20 hours.............oh no, i must be getting old..
As strange as this sounds this is a very interesting question.
Most people think that you leave work at five grab the steaks for the bar-b-que grab the surf board and straight to the beach.
About nine hit the pub and return home at eleven for
a look at the tape of "Home and away" and then bed.
Well forget that like in most countries its finish at five
an hour traveling home Hot tired cant wait to collapse in front of the tv.
The tv is trash here in Australia if you want to see what
you are used too in the UK you must get Foxtel{Sky TV}.
Go to their web site to see what on.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.