Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Wife takes children back to Uk, Dad left no custody ???

Wife takes children back to Uk, Dad left no custody ???

Old Sep 18th 2012, 12:47 am
Forum Regular

Chef69 is a splendid one to beholdChef69 is a splendid one to beholdChef69 is a splendid one to beholdChef69 is a splendid one to beholdChef69 is a splendid one to beholdChef69 is a splendid one to beholdChef69 is a splendid one to beholdChef69 is a splendid one to beholdChef69 is a splendid one to beholdChef69 is a splendid one to beholdChef69 is a splendid one to behold
Default Wife takes children back to Uk, Dad left no custody ???

I am just wondering if there are any other Fathers out there in Australia who came here for a better life from the UK with their wife and children. To find that the wife got homesick, but went through the courts to get full custody to bring children back to UK claiming she was ill and needed family. Now the poor father is here in Australia having to fight through Australian courts to fight for partial custody of children and being turned down at every step. Are there any similar stories out there ??
Old Sep 18th 2012, 1:33 am
Proudly Deplorable

Amazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Wife takes children back to Uk, Dad left no custody ???

Originally Posted by Chef69
I am just wondering if there are any other Fathers out there in Australia who came here for a better life from the UK with their wife and children. To find that the wife got homesick, but went through the courts to get full custody to bring children back to UK claiming she was ill and needed family. Now the poor father is here in Australia having to fight through Australian courts to fight for partial custody of children and being turned down at every step. Are there any similar stories out there ??
I'm sure there are. The way fathers are treated by the courts across the western world is a disgrace.
Old Sep 18th 2012, 2:00 am
Forum Regular

Chef69 is a splendid one to beholdChef69 is a splendid one to beholdChef69 is a splendid one to beholdChef69 is a splendid one to beholdChef69 is a splendid one to beholdChef69 is a splendid one to beholdChef69 is a splendid one to beholdChef69 is a splendid one to beholdChef69 is a splendid one to beholdChef69 is a splendid one to beholdChef69 is a splendid one to behold

I need a few cases to help a friend . He is distraught and has not seen his children for over a year now. A few cases might just be enough to get a Senator I know involved to help them . So far she thinks it's just the one case. Please of anyone knows somebody ask the, to reply .
Old Sep 18th 2012, 2:23 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

jad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond repute

I know of a woman who came with husband and kids to australia, got citizenship, they broke up and she wanted to go back to UK.. The court ruled the kids stay in Australia with the father.

She was free of course to and live where she wanted..... just without her kids!!

I think a lot of expat marriages battle it out till the kids are 18 to avoid situations like above. I know at moments I would have walked, but I know my partner would most likely have took a stand for the kids.

All the little details we dont think of when emigrating
Old Sep 18th 2012, 2:52 am
Forum Regular

This is the thing. They don't have citizenship. She got custody on basis of being sick and needing her parents. He had to stay here cause of his business and now has been fighting for two years to get to see the children other than on Skype . It's a money hing . This woman is only interested in the money. She is wealthy. My heart is going out to this guy who has never stopped fighting for hIs children but can't afforded legal council and is trying to fight the courts on his own.
Old Sep 18th 2012, 2:56 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

This is the thing. They don't have citizenship. She got custody on basis of being sick and needing her parents. He had to stay here cause of his business and now has been fighting for two years to get to see the children other than on Skype . It's a money hing . This woman is only interested in the money. She is wealthy. My heart is going out to this guy who has never stopped fighting for hIs children but can't afforded legal council and is trying to fight the courts on his own.
If they aren't citizens then I doubt that the Aussie courts would be able to insist on the children remaining here. Once they become citizens the situation changes.
Old Sep 18th 2012, 4:31 am
Still alive

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute

Ok, playing Devil's advocate here:

Maybe he's just in it for the money. Maybe he doesn't want to pay child support so stays in Australia to avoid it. I mean afterall, if he wants to see his kids so badly why doesn't he sell his business here and move back to the UK where they are?

How do you know that it's a "money thing" for her? Maybe he was a wife beater or slept around or liked to smack the kids around a bit. Maybe she just wanted to take her children somewhere where they could all be safe. Have you seen the court transcripts that say she only got custody because she said she was sick - or is it just your friend's word you're taking as gospel?

Remember, there are 3 sides to every story. His, hers, and the truth which usually lies somewhere in between.
Old Sep 18th 2012, 5:32 am
BE Forum Addict

al dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond repute

He needs to got to the same country that his kids reside in.
Old Sep 18th 2012, 6:36 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond repute

I do think men can get a bad deal when it comes to kids and I often hold my tongue when I read some of the stories of women wanting to take children to Australia away from a loving father.

But this is different and i dont get your comments. It's a money thing?? How does wanting to be in her home country with her children translate to being a money thing?

If he wants to see his kids, he should pack his bags and go and live in the same country as them, him going back to the place he has always lived in is not as bad as making her stay in a foreign land if she wants to see her children.
Old Sep 18th 2012, 6:43 am
Not actually a squirrel

brissybee has a reputation beyond reputebrissybee has a reputation beyond reputebrissybee has a reputation beyond reputebrissybee has a reputation beyond reputebrissybee has a reputation beyond reputebrissybee has a reputation beyond reputebrissybee has a reputation beyond reputebrissybee has a reputation beyond reputebrissybee has a reputation beyond reputebrissybee has a reputation beyond reputebrissybee has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Dorothy
Ok, playing Devil's advocate here:

Maybe he's just in it for the money. Maybe he doesn't want to pay child support so stays in Australia to avoid it. I mean afterall, if he wants to see his kids so badly why doesn't he sell his business here and move back to the UK where they are?

How do you know that it's a "money thing" for her? Maybe he was a wife beater or slept around or liked to smack the kids around a bit. Maybe she just wanted to take her children somewhere where they could all be safe. Have you seen the court transcripts that say she only got custody because she said she was sick - or is it just your friend's word you're taking as gospel?

Remember, there are 3 sides to every story. His, hers, and the truth which usually lies somewhere in between.
Agree. Maybe she and the kids don't want to be in Australia... and he's only staying for the money.

If he really wants to see his kids he knows where they are.
Old Sep 18th 2012, 6:48 am
Not actually a squirrel

brissybee has a reputation beyond reputebrissybee has a reputation beyond reputebrissybee has a reputation beyond reputebrissybee has a reputation beyond reputebrissybee has a reputation beyond reputebrissybee has a reputation beyond reputebrissybee has a reputation beyond reputebrissybee has a reputation beyond reputebrissybee has a reputation beyond reputebrissybee has a reputation beyond reputebrissybee has a reputation beyond repute

How did she get "sick"?
Old Sep 18th 2012, 7:20 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

quoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond repute

It's really unusual for an Aussie court to allow kids to leave the country if one parent says they should stay and citizenship isnt a pre-requisite, PR is enough as Australia is their normal place of residence. I know of some absolute drop kick parents who have shackled the custodial parent, not only to Australia but to a particular district of Australia without the freedom to move elsewhere in the country for support (its usually bitter dads preventing mums from heading off to their support network, but not exclusively I admit).

As it stands, the father certainly has the capacity to move to where his kids are - unlike in many other situations where a parent is emigrating to Aus and wanting to take the kids away from the ex and the ex has no chance of getting a visa. At least in this case it is his decision not to move to be within cooee of his kids and this mum seems to have been very lucky that she got permission to leave - perhaps there is more to the story, I dunno.
Old Sep 19th 2012, 7:53 am
Banned

chris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond repute

Absolutely, the kids should trump any other consideration.

Originally Posted by al dente
He needs to got to the same country that his kids reside in.
Old Sep 19th 2012, 9:47 am
And YOU'RE paying for it!

lapin_windstar has a reputation beyond reputelapin_windstar has a reputation beyond reputelapin_windstar has a reputation beyond reputelapin_windstar has a reputation beyond reputelapin_windstar has a reputation beyond reputelapin_windstar has a reputation beyond reputelapin_windstar has a reputation beyond reputelapin_windstar has a reputation beyond reputelapin_windstar has a reputation beyond reputelapin_windstar has a reputation beyond reputelapin_windstar has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Pollyana
If they aren't citizens then I doubt that the Aussie courts would be able to insist on the children remaining here. Once they become citizens the situation changes.
Sorry - what do you base this on?
Old Sep 19th 2012, 11:03 am
Forum Regular

OzJo is just really niceOzJo is just really niceOzJo is just really niceOzJo is just really niceOzJo is just really niceOzJo is just really niceOzJo is just really niceOzJo is just really niceOzJo is just really niceOzJo is just really niceOzJo is just really nice

When it comes to kids, all bets are off I'm afraid. For me, if it meant selling everything I had and living in a cardboard box, wouldn't matter as long as I was with the kids.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.