Wikiposts

wife swap

Old Oct 7th 2003, 10:06 pm

bondipom is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by cinderella
Can't wait to watch the programme, have taped it as we were watching the 'West Wing'. But sounds as if we should have taped the later and watched wife swap.

BTW, not everyone who lives in the North of England is a 'pleb' and has foul mouthed children.
Aren't you all in a Ken Loach film?
Old Oct 7th 2003, 10:13 pm

cinderella has much to be proud ofcinderella has much to be proud ofcinderella has much to be proud ofcinderella has much to be proud ofcinderella has much to be proud ofcinderella has much to be proud ofcinderella has much to be proud ofcinderella has much to be proud ofcinderella has much to be proud ofcinderella has much to be proud ofcinderella has much to be proud of

Originally posted by bondipom
Aren't you all in a Ken Loach film?

Sorry don't know what you mean???/
Old Oct 7th 2003, 10:15 pm

bondipom is an unknown quantity at this point

Sorry don't know what you mean???/
Depressing Northern films where no one has a job or if they do they are about to lose them. Generally set on housing estates and very gritty but also critically acclaimed films. Not my thing and I guess not yours.
Old Oct 7th 2003, 10:16 pm
Just Joined

Sheffutd is an unknown quantity at this point

BTW, not everyone who lives in the North of England is a 'pleb' and has foul mouthed children.
Agreed - or are dole spongers who just have kids all the time - the people on last nights program depicted that all northerners are like that which we are not.

Mind you I could cope with £37k after tax for doing nothing, but sadly me and the wife have to work and have to sent our 2 kids to a childminders just so we can exist.
Old Oct 7th 2003, 10:21 pm
tennisoz

Depressing Northern films where no one has a job or if they do they are about to lose them. Generally set on housing estates and very gritty but also critically acclaimed films. Not my thing and I guess not yours.
Try watching East Enders - I made the mistake of watching it once recently for research purposes in my job (honest). Can life be more depressing than that depicted in this program? Point - there aren't just depressing northern programs! I think Bobby Ewing has come back from the dead in the program.

TennisOz

Old Oct 7th 2003, 10:22 pm
sky
Banned

sky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond repute

Can't wait to watch the programme, have taped it as we were watching the 'West Wing'. But sounds as if we should have taped the later and watched wife swap.

Also agree, was a bit taken aback at that coment about Northern plebs its an awful generalisation.
We,ve worked very hard all our working lives and try very hard to bring our children up properly with manners and to respect other people no matter where they are from
Old Oct 7th 2003, 10:25 pm

cinderella has much to be proud ofcinderella has much to be proud ofcinderella has much to be proud ofcinderella has much to be proud ofcinderella has much to be proud ofcinderella has much to be proud ofcinderella has much to be proud ofcinderella has much to be proud ofcinderella has much to be proud ofcinderella has much to be proud ofcinderella has much to be proud of

You are correct, can't say I would to be bothered about watching these films.
Old Oct 8th 2003, 2:35 am
WBB

Default Re: wife swap

Originally posted by tennisoz
WBB

Found the BBC documentary on what makes a millionaire shown at the same time very fascinating. Work colleague said he watched the C4 program and couldn't believe how people volunteer to go on TV for these things.

TennisOz

Sheep swap in Cymru? Only joking, I get the sheep jokes myself!

sheep swap....now there is a concept

Old Oct 8th 2003, 2:37 am
High in the Dandenongs

hevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond repute

yeah, but don't they all look the same WBB?
Old Oct 8th 2003, 2:38 am
WBB

Originally posted by h garrett
yeah, but don't they all look the same WBB?

im more a personality kind of guy.

looks are only wool deep

Old Oct 8th 2003, 2:50 am
BE Enthusiast

Sunlover is a jewel in the roughSunlover is a jewel in the roughSunlover is a jewel in the roughSunlover is a jewel in the rough

Originally posted by Pollyana
. The little kids will be saying f*** as every second word before they are even at school.

Actually one of the things I most dislike about Oz...... the amount of foul language coming out of the mouths of little children and women. (and the reason I would avoid living in certain parts of Adelaide).

Am also sick to death of the constant reference to "tits" in everyday conversation at work, and the amount of overt sexuality in almost everything every medium - radio, TV, magazines etc. I know you get it everywhere in the world, but I have lived just about everywhere and it's worst here.

Even my husband who is hopelessly unobservant and much less judgmental than I am, has commented on these things.

Last edited by Sunlover; Oct 8th 2003 at 2:53 am.
Old Oct 8th 2003, 3:23 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Thats interesting Sunlover; one of the things I've noticed - mostly in Tasmania I guess cos thats where I've had most contact with schoolchildren - is that the general standard of language isn't quite so foul as it is here in Brighton. Although they use more slang over there, they seem to use less really awful words (like F*** or c***). I suppose as with most things it depends on the area.
Agree with you about the more overt sexuality though. Can't escape it, can you!
Old Oct 8th 2003, 3:45 am
BE Forum Addict

tinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud of

That programme was a cracker. Hubby and I sat laughing all the way through it! The look on the blond womans face when she saw that the Northerners got £37 000 for being on the dole and she only earnt £27 000!! If looks could kill.

I am afraid the Northern woman is one of those sad attention-seeking women who has to keep getting pregnant for attention. It is the only way some saddos get anyone to look at them. Also each child gives them more money.

There are plenty of people like this around in the South as well. When I worked in Tooting we had one 'family' where the bloke had got the Mother and Daughter (15) pregnant at the same time they gave birth on the same day. He also had another 4 children at the school. We gave up trying to work out their relationship to each other. Poor kids..

Unfortunately these sort of people, who were at the back of the queue when the brains were handed out, are all over the world. I am sure there are just as many in Aus as the UK.

Last edited by tinaj; Oct 8th 2003 at 8:20 am.
Old Oct 8th 2003, 3:47 am
BE Forum Addict

booboo1 is an unknown quantity at this point

After last nights episode I think the show should be called "wife abuse"
Those lovely scumbags make me realise just how many good values I have in life. My heart was pounding with rage when she was giving it some to the blond woman... Im not so sure I could have sat through that tirade of abuse without losing my cool... but the blond woman sure acted with dignity and restraint...good for her....

I wouldnt want eight kids so that I could get 37k from the govt. Id much rather earn some money..

Oh, I saw loads of people like that in Perth.. I even visited someones house like that.. A nightmare it was....

BooBoo
Old Oct 8th 2003, 3:58 am
Bubble blowing member

ohsohopeful is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by booboo
After last nights episode I think the show should be called "wife abuse"
Those lovely scumbags make me realise just how many good values I have in life. My heart was pounding with rage when she was giving it some to the blond woman... Im not so sure I could have sat through that tirade of abuse without losing my cool... but the blond woman sure acted with dignity and restraint...good for her....

I wouldnt want eight kids so that I could get 37k from the govt. Id much rather earn some money..

BooBoo
BooBoo my sentiments from start to finish - could have written that myself. It made my blood boil listening to their argument at the end. That fact that they kept fairly quiet and let her get on with her ranting and raving gave them dignity and made her look even more ridiculous. Shame though, that even if she watched it back, she probably wouldn't see anything wrong with her behaviour at all. They were fighting a losing battle to start with but it makes you soooooooo mad!!!!!!!!!!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.