Wikiposts

wife swap

Old Oct 7th 2003, 6:17 pm

bondipom is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by renth
Like the Northerner who came in to Good Sammy yesterday and talked to the volunteers in there like they were shit then proceeded to haggle over a pair of dead man's shoes.

Very classy...
Fortunateley Bondi has priced out most of that type. According to Aussies the place used to be full of 'Kiwi dole bludgers' but legislation has stopped that.
Old Oct 7th 2003, 6:23 pm
BE Forum Addict

dotty is on a distinguished road

Originally posted by bondipom
Fortunateley Bondi has priced out most of that type. According to Aussies the place used to be full of 'Kiwi dole bludgers' but legislation has stopped that.
Where do they hang these days, Cabramatta , Paramatta, Blacktown, jeez there are some rough places down there at night, we got lost a 1am on a Saturday morning, (not this trip but 2 years ago), I was freaked right out and I am from LONDON.
Cambeltown was that it??
Old Oct 7th 2003, 6:45 pm

Originally posted by dotty
Where do they hang these days, Cabramatta , Paramatta, Blacktown, jeez there are some rough places down there at night, we got lost a 1am on a Saturday morning, (not this trip but 2 years ago), I was freaked right out and I am from LONDON.
Cambeltown was that it??
I am not sure as Westie land is best avoided after dark. I work with a few Kiwis but funnily enough they are not bludgers. What freaked you out? Was it all the fully sick cars?
Old Oct 7th 2003, 6:52 pm
BE Forum Addict

dotty is on a distinguished road

I am not sure as Westie land is best avoided after dark. I work with a few Kiwis but funnily enough they are not bludgers. What freaked you out? Was it all the fully sick cars?
i think we were in Cabramatta or Campbell town, gangs of teens/20,s quiet clearly off their heads, rocking cars and genrally going ape shit. Whole gang of kids 20 or so of them busily hurling stubbies into the cars stopped at traffic lights. Drug dealing very obvious on most corners and the odd person spewing up in the gutter or flaked out on the pavement. Deffo the wrong part of town thats for sure!!. Lost in hell I as I remember.

Nothing to do with Kiwis, that was the old free dole as soon as you arrived thingo Gov stopped that two odd years ago. Most kiwis I know here work hard, suppose they have to with no benefits now.
Old Oct 7th 2003, 7:07 pm
Forum Regular

Sarah2004 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by welshboybilly
did i hear correctly when she said they were getting 37k a year in benefits!!!!!

madness:lecture:

And that is NET income from benefits, not bad considering the national average salary is £21,000 GROSS!! That man should be made to work for that money instead of spanking the lot on booze and fags, absolutely disgusting
Old Oct 7th 2003, 7:27 pm

Originally posted by dotty
i think we were in Cabramatta or Campbell town, gangs of teens/20,s quiet clearly off their heads, rocking cars and genrally going ape shit. Whole gang of kids 20 or so of them busily hurling stubbies into the cars stopped at traffic lights. Drug dealing very obvious on most corners and the odd person spewing up in the gutter or flaked out on the pavement. Deffo the wrong part of town thats for sure!!. Lost in hell I as I remember.

Nothing to do with Kiwis, that was the old free dole as soon as you arrived thingo Gov stopped that two odd years ago. Most kiwis I know here work hard, suppose they have to with no benefits now.
Cabramatta has a bad reputation as gang and drug capital of Sydney. I have not been there but it is supposed to be worth a visit for an ethnic cultural experience. I would not go there at night.

I cannot really speak about drunks spewing as I tend to decorate after a few shandies these days.
Old Oct 7th 2003, 7:31 pm
(It's not my real name)

renth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond repute

Cabramatta has a bad reputation as gang and drug capital of Sydney. I have not been there but it is supposed to be worth a visit for an ethnic cultural experience. I would not go there at night.

I cannot really speak about drunks spewing as I tend to decorate after a few shandies these days.
Isn't it also known as Vietnamatta?
Old Oct 7th 2003, 7:35 pm

Originally posted by renth
Isn't it also known as Vietnamatta?
Apparently so. At least in Kings X now the smack heads can go to the shooting gallery to overdose. In 97/98 I used to walk over them on the way to the train station. They were just slumped in doorways blocking the pavements.
Old Oct 7th 2003, 7:58 pm
High in the Dandenongs

hevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by Pollyana
Its almost as if some people think they have the right to have as many children as they like - and the rest of us will support them.
Strange outlook on life, always strikes me as rather selfish, and the children rarely seem to get any benefit from the fact that they have both parents around all day.
We have a privately rented out property in our street, rented by the family from hell on benefits!
My 6 year old came in the other day and say "mum, whats a *****" "oh my god" i replied, "don't use that word, its discusting"
He said "well Lewis just said i was a bloody little one of 'em"
The following night 6 year old came in and said to his 9 year old sister he'd got a message from lewis "he wants to shag you"
This kid is 8 and if he were mine would have his mouth gaffa taped permenantly!
Old Oct 7th 2003, 8:11 pm
....is FAB

artep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by h garrett
We have a privately rented out property in our street, rented by the family from hell on benefits!
My 6 year old came in the other day and say "mum, whats a *****" "oh my god" i replied, "don't use that word, its discusting"
The following night 6 year old came in and said to his 9 year old sister he'd got a message from lewis "he wants to shag you"

Bet you can't wait to get away........your neighbours kids sound absolute 'darlings'
Old Oct 7th 2003, 8:56 pm
Forum Regular

hilt is an unknown quantity at this point

Didn't take much notice of that bit, as they reminded me of many people I know around here (Brighton) - the south has "plebs" just as much as the north, doesn't it.
Hi pollyanna

Just to go off on a tangent. How is Brighton these days? Left there over twenty years ago and moved to Devon.

Is it run down ?
Have only been back once and got accosted twice at the railway station by drunks who would not take no for an answer.
I use to like the prom and beach and still look for the football result.
Old Oct 7th 2003, 9:03 pm
tennisoz

Default Re: wife swap

Originally posted by welshboybilly
just started on c4.....supposed to be fireworks tonight.
WBB

Found the BBC documentary on what makes a millionaire shown at the same time very fascinating. Work colleague said he watched the C4 program and couldn't believe how people volunteer to go on TV for these things.

TennisOz

Sheep swap in Cymru? Only joking, I get the sheep jokes myself!

Old Oct 7th 2003, 9:09 pm
tennisoz

Originally posted by h garrett
There was a funny letter in a local paper in Melbourne about an incident in the suburb of Yarraville - very working class in the past (no offence just fact) - but now being 'gentrified' with a lot of young couples (a few of them heterosexual!) moving in and pushing property prices through the ceiling. Anyway your 'original Aussie battler' of a mother asked her 3 or 4 year old where she had been. She replied 'talkin' to the new yuppies down the street'!!

TennisOz

Old Oct 7th 2003, 9:17 pm
tennisoz

Its almost as if some people think they have the right to have as many children as they like - and the rest of us will support them.
Strange outlook on life, always strikes me as rather selfish, and the children rarely seem to get any benefit from the fact that they have both parents around all day.
I recently taught a girl (in Scotland) who now in her early twenties has had 4 children by 4 different fathers and lives with someone else (unmarried, not one of the fathers) in a nice council house she got straight away after the first child when she went to the top of the waiting list. Left school with no 'qualies', having children is the only thing she has succeeded at in her life. Haven't heard of contraception?? The pill keeps slipping from between her knees!!

TennisOz

Old Oct 7th 2003, 9:56 pm

cinderella has much to be proud ofcinderella has much to be proud ofcinderella has much to be proud ofcinderella has much to be proud ofcinderella has much to be proud ofcinderella has much to be proud ofcinderella has much to be proud ofcinderella has much to be proud ofcinderella has much to be proud ofcinderella has much to be proud ofcinderella has much to be proud of

Can't wait to watch the programme, have taped it as we were watching the 'West Wing'. But sounds as if we should have taped the later and watched wife swap.

BTW, not everyone who lives in the North of England is a 'pleb' and has foul mouthed children.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.