Reload this Page >

Wife Rights In Uk

Wife Rights In Uk

Old Jul 14th 2003, 8:59 am
Just Joined

DALE is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Wife Rights In Uk

Hi,

I am a British citizen living in Australia, married to an Oz citizen, if we were to go to the UK for a period of time to live what is the process for my wife to live legally and work?

Any help would be grateful

Thanks

Dale
Old Jul 14th 2003, 9:15 am
gOD
Forum Regular

gOD is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Wife Rights In Uk

Originally posted by DALE
Hi,

I am a British citizen living in Australia, married to an Oz citizen, if we were to go to the UK for a period of time to live what is the process for my wife to live legally and work?

Thanks

Dale

I would guess that she would need to apply for a spouse visa. Once that is approved she can work pretty much straight away from memory. You have to be able to prove that you are in a position to support you both for the first twelve months etc.. After about a year she can get PR... That is what I remember anyway..

You are best off going to the homeoffice website to get the most up-to-date info.
Old Jul 14th 2003, 9:36 am
BE Enthusiast

Location: An expat Aussie trying to understand why anyone wants to move to Oz.
Devlin is a glorious beacon of lightDevlin is a glorious beacon of lightDevlin is a glorious beacon of lightDevlin is a glorious beacon of lightDevlin is a glorious beacon of lightDevlin is a glorious beacon of lightDevlin is a glorious beacon of lightDevlin is a glorious beacon of lightDevlin is a glorious beacon of lightDevlin is a glorious beacon of lightDevlin is a glorious beacon of light

The UK spouse visas are now 2 years and then you apply for PR.
Old Jul 14th 2003, 9:52 am
BE Enthusiast

Rudy is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Wife Rights In Uk

Originally posted by DALE
Hi,

Thanks

Dale

See the following link

Home Office - Spouse

HTH
Old Jul 14th 2003, 9:55 am
gOD
Forum Regular

gOD is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by Devlin
The UK spouse visas are now 2 years and then you apply for PR.
See

http://www.ukvisas.gov.uk/servlet/Fr...=1014919208354

Look at Spouses in the "guidance notes" section.
Old Jul 14th 2003, 11:04 am
A Male Member

PeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud of

My wife (an aussie) just got the spouse visa to remain in the UK. It was really easy, and requires only a 1 year temp period before she sent her passport off for PR. She now has full PR and can remain in, or travel in/out of the UK for the rest of her life, even if we were to split. The home office is pretty efficient too....

Best of all it was free
Old Jul 14th 2003, 12:58 pm
Here in Dunedin

southerner has a reputation beyond reputesoutherner has a reputation beyond reputesoutherner has a reputation beyond reputesoutherner has a reputation beyond reputesoutherner has a reputation beyond reputesoutherner has a reputation beyond reputesoutherner has a reputation beyond reputesoutherner has a reputation beyond reputesoutherner has a reputation beyond reputesoutherner has a reputation beyond reputesoutherner has a reputation beyond repute

I would recommend also trying the Moving Back to the UK forum on this site.