wicker baskets

Old Mar 23rd 2007, 11:25 am
Forum Regular

parentsof2 is a jewel in the roughparentsof2 is a jewel in the roughparentsof2 is a jewel in the roughparentsof2 is a jewel in the rough
Default wicker baskets

Hello,

Hope someone can help me. Just been through the house deciding what to take or not. I have quite a few wicker baskets - one that is very dear to me as I've had it for 11 years since my daughter was born (it had her layette in it). So my question is this - can I ship wicker baskets?

Thanks for looking and for any replies,

Karen
Old Mar 23rd 2007, 11:31 am
Forum Regular

Cuddles is on a distinguished road
Default Re: wicker baskets

Originally Posted by parentsof2
Hello,

Hope someone can help me. Just been through the house deciding what to take or not. I have quite a few wicker baskets - one that is very dear to me as I've had it for 11 years since my daughter was born (it had her layette in it). So my question is this - can I ship wicker baskets?

Karen

Hi Karen

Im pretty sure its a definate NO. We had wicker type stuff on our dinning chairs. Was told they would be fine as they are indoor and imitation no real wicker.

Long story short when they arrived in Sydney we had the choice of destroy or treat. After a small fight with shipping company Customs agreed for the shipping company to remove the wicker from chairs at no charge.

I wouldnt risk it. It can cost alot of money this end.

Hope that helps a tad
Old Mar 23rd 2007, 11:49 am
Victorian Evangelist

Buzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond repute

If you do a search on the forum you'll see there are a lot of people who have successfully got wicker through, but there is always the risk you will have to pay fees.

The AQIS website says you can import wicker but you must declare it and it may be subject to decontamination etc (at your cost).

Buzzy
Old Mar 23rd 2007, 1:03 pm
Ok this isn't so bad

Stitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond repute

Hello,

Karen
Had to have our wicker destroyed. Wasn't worth the fumagation costs.

Cheers

Ginny
Old Mar 23rd 2007, 2:32 pm
Hillarys, Perth

h2oskineil has a reputation beyond reputeh2oskineil has a reputation beyond reputeh2oskineil has a reputation beyond reputeh2oskineil has a reputation beyond reputeh2oskineil has a reputation beyond reputeh2oskineil has a reputation beyond reputeh2oskineil has a reputation beyond reputeh2oskineil has a reputation beyond reputeh2oskineil has a reputation beyond reputeh2oskineil has a reputation beyond reputeh2oskineil has a reputation beyond repute

Hello,

Karen
I agree with the reply that said it's all down to luck... we got all out wicker and Banana Leaf chairs (which we thought would be destroyed).
It's just down to luck on the day and how much they decide to check.
The packing company doesn't write 'wicker' on the manifest, they just write 'chair' etc, so as everything is export wrapped, it's just luck if they get unwrapped as they cannot be visibly seen.
Old Mar 24th 2007, 4:57 am
BE Enthusiast

Location: was Bradford then poole dorset then Sydney,Forster, Kanwal,Gosford,and now Erina
FRAYNE has a reputation beyond reputeFRAYNE has a reputation beyond reputeFRAYNE has a reputation beyond reputeFRAYNE has a reputation beyond reputeFRAYNE has a reputation beyond reputeFRAYNE has a reputation beyond reputeFRAYNE has a reputation beyond reputeFRAYNE has a reputation beyond reputeFRAYNE has a reputation beyond reputeFRAYNE has a reputation beyond reputeFRAYNE has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by h2oskineil
I agree with the reply that said it's all down to luck... we got all out wicker and Banana Leaf chairs (which we thought would be destroyed).
It's just down to luck on the day and how much they decide to check.
The packing company doesn't write 'wicker' on the manifest, they just write 'chair' etc, so as everything is export wrapped, it's just luck if they get unwrapped as they cannot be visibly seen.
Hi our wicker picnic basket got through okay it was on the inventory but the box wasnt opened.
Janet