Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

whys this so addictive!

whys this so addictive!

Old Jun 11th 2004, 4:08 am
BE Enthusiast

creamT has much to be proud ofcreamT has much to be proud ofcreamT has much to be proud ofcreamT has much to be proud ofcreamT has much to be proud ofcreamT has much to be proud ofcreamT has much to be proud ofcreamT has much to be proud ofcreamT has much to be proud ofcreamT has much to be proud ofcreamT has much to be proud of
Default whys this so addictive!

Why is this flippin site so damned addictive? I would be hard pressed to make a choice between this and me pint of cider!

must try going cold turkey sometime, but theres always tomorrow!
Old Jun 11th 2004, 4:17 am
BE Forum Addict

whisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond repute

Mainly because we all have something in common, and all go through the same things, so its nice to read that others are going through the same processes and difficulties and to realise that we won't go bonkers trying to achieve it.
Then there are the times when things are rough and yet we can come on hear and read a little humour, which makes things not so bad.

As time goes on and we have done it, you realise that there are a lot of people that have been through the same things as you at the same time, and somehow, they seem like good friends, so you stay to see how their lives are going too.

Whisky
Old Jun 11th 2004, 4:41 am
BE Enthusiast

creamT has much to be proud ofcreamT has much to be proud ofcreamT has much to be proud ofcreamT has much to be proud ofcreamT has much to be proud ofcreamT has much to be proud ofcreamT has much to be proud ofcreamT has much to be proud ofcreamT has much to be proud ofcreamT has much to be proud ofcreamT has much to be proud of

Bingo!
Old Jun 11th 2004, 4:48 am
Keeping it fairly real

walla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by whisky
Mainly because we all have something in common, and all go through the same things, so its nice to read that others are going through the same processes and difficulties and to realise that we won't go bonkers trying to achieve it.
Then there are the times when things are rough and yet we can come on hear and read a little humour, which makes things not so bad.

As time goes on and we have done it, you realise that there are a lot of people that have been through the same things as you at the same time, and somehow, they seem like good friends, so you stay to see how their lives are going too.

Whisky

Well said
Old Jun 11th 2004, 4:54 am
BE Enthusiast

Hit the nail on the head there Whisky!

Everyone on here feels like an extended family! Can get light relief and banter, also have a bit of a ding dong , though thats not so nice, can be funny sitting back on the sidelines and watching! Boy do some peeps go over the top and gets so nasty and personal. Then also you get so much support and friendly help, which you can't get other than from peeps who are living it or have lived through it.

Totally invaluable.

Bravo Britishexpats!
Old Jun 11th 2004, 7:10 am
Banned

Timber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond repute

Whisky

Its fun when its fun, but not so fun when its not ... ..... !
Old Jun 11th 2004, 8:31 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

It is a really good support network, and I'm sure I'm not the only person who has sat and read through lots of posts, not actually posted anything, but felt cheered up just by reading about friends on here and their lives!
Thanks for keeping me sane and smiling guys!!
Old Jun 11th 2004, 8:33 am
Forum Regular

Location: Ascot Berks(06.04) to Cronulla nr Sydney back to Ascot (04.05)
Rosie n family is just really niceRosie n family is just really niceRosie n family is just really niceRosie n family is just really niceRosie n family is just really niceRosie n family is just really niceRosie n family is just really niceRosie n family is just really niceRosie n family is just really niceRosie n family is just really niceRosie n family is just really nice

Everyone I know thinks its great were going to live abroad(even if not for ever).....but there's no one I know who would actually emigrate - various reasons - so its very reassuring that there are other like-minded mad people around, people who are willing to give up their security for an adventure - its fantastic
Old Jun 11th 2004, 9:37 am
BE Enthusiast

Stewie is a jewel in the roughStewie is a jewel in the roughStewie is a jewel in the roughStewie is a jewel in the rough

Hi to everyone
Yeah! Couldn't agree more with all the comments. We're all looking to seek another life and going to a place just as far away as we get get from home. Of course we all want to go and know it's the right decision....we just need assurance from other like minded people.

The info and the assurance we get from the forums helps keep us sane and apart from the really negatives posts....keeps our hopes up. Yes it's addictive alright!

Keep posting....keep browsing.

Best wishes
Old Jun 11th 2004, 9:43 am
still searching

woody1974 is just really nicewoody1974 is just really nicewoody1974 is just really nicewoody1974 is just really nicewoody1974 is just really nicewoody1974 is just really nicewoody1974 is just really nicewoody1974 is just really nicewoody1974 is just really nice

Originally posted by Stewie
Hi to everyone
Yeah! Couldn't agree more with all the comments. We're all looking to seek another life and going to a place just as far away as we get get from home. Of course we all want to go and know it's the right decision....we just need assurance from other like minded people.

The info and the assurance we get from the forums helps keep us sane and apart from the really negatives posts....keeps our hopes up. Yes it's addictive alright!

Keep posting....keep browsing.

Best wishes
I must agree if we all convince each other its the right thing to do it takes the pressure of, plus we all like hearing how people who have already may the leap have fared in the new life we all want.
It just keeps you focused have these threads to look at. i think most people would give up if there wasn't websites like this one to help you thru.
this andy keeping the dream alive
Old Jun 11th 2004, 6:47 pm
Happy Daddy

markeh has a brilliant futuremarkeh has a brilliant futuremarkeh has a brilliant futuremarkeh has a brilliant futuremarkeh has a brilliant futuremarkeh has a brilliant future

Originally posted by woody1974
I must agree if we all convince each other its the right thing to do it takes the pressure of, plus we all like hearing how people who have already may the leap have fared in the new life we all want.
It just keeps you focused have these threads to look at. i think most people would give up if there wasn't websites like this one to help you thru.
this andy keeping the dream alive
I had a dream and it's getting closer to comming true!

Just need to validate and then wait for the right time to migrate.
Thank god I have 5 years

Bye all
Mark
Old Jun 11th 2004, 7:30 pm
still searching

woody1974 is just really nicewoody1974 is just really nicewoody1974 is just really nicewoody1974 is just really nicewoody1974 is just really nicewoody1974 is just really nicewoody1974 is just really nicewoody1974 is just really nicewoody1974 is just really nice

Originally posted by markeh
I had a dream and it's getting closer to comming true!

Just need to validate and then wait for the right time to migrate.
Thank god I have 5 years

Bye all
Mark
luck git still going through the tra paperwork:scared: :scared:
Old Jun 11th 2004, 7:59 pm
Now in Mandurah

Pauline is a jewel in the roughPauline is a jewel in the roughPauline is a jewel in the roughPauline is a jewel in the roughPauline is a jewel in the rough

Whisky

You hit the nail on the head with this post Whisky !!!!!
Old Jun 11th 2004, 8:00 pm
What's happening dudes?

wmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: whys this so addictive!

Originally posted by devonchick
Why is this flippin site so damned addictive? I would be hard pressed to make a choice between this and me pint of cider!

must try going cold turkey sometime, but theres always tomorrow!
It's like Big Brother without the dickheads. Oh, hang on a minute ......
Old Jun 11th 2004, 8:09 pm
mickj

Default Re: whys this so addictive!

Why BB, why not "am a celebrity get me out of here", or BE idol? Am sure simon cowell, and dr fox will be up for it

Originally posted by wmoore
It's like Big Brother without the dickheads. Oh, hang on a minute ......