Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Why is your dream dead?

Why is your dream dead?

Old Oct 26th 2010, 7:59 am
BE Forum Addict

verystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Why is your dream dead?

I have seen several posters mention this recently and it made me think. Why is your dream dead? If its a visa issue, could there be another way?

For example, i went back to Uni in my 30's and i would have to say that part of my reasoning and certainly a fair bit of my motivation on long nights in front of the books was the thought of comming to Australia. So maybe for those that think they cant get the visa, try a change of career.
Old Oct 26th 2010, 8:09 am
Banned

Weebie is a glorious beacon of lightWeebie is a glorious beacon of lightWeebie is a glorious beacon of lightWeebie is a glorious beacon of lightWeebie is a glorious beacon of lightWeebie is a glorious beacon of lightWeebie is a glorious beacon of lightWeebie is a glorious beacon of lightWeebie is a glorious beacon of lightWeebie is a glorious beacon of lightWeebie is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: Why is your dream dead?

Australia was the easiest country for the past 5 years for migration. Now that the economy has tightened up some people have missed the boat. It's much harder than it was to migrate here compared to 5 years ago.
Old Oct 26th 2010, 9:59 am
Still alive

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by verystormy
I have seen several posters mention this recently and it made me think. Why is your dream dead? If its a visa issue, could there be another way?

For example, i went back to Uni in my 30's and i would have to say that part of my reasoning and certainly a fair bit of my motivation on long nights in front of the books was the thought of comming to Australia. So maybe for those that think they cant get the visa, try a change of career.
Because my knight in shining armour turned out to be a dickhead in a tinfoil hat.
Old Oct 26th 2010, 10:41 am

Kelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Dorothy
Because my knight in shining armour turned out to be a dickhead in a tinfoil hat.
Mine too!! Disney movies gave me such high expectations
Old Oct 26th 2010, 11:19 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Dorothy
There are a lot of them about, not even necessary to be married them to find out the armour can be tarnished

Dreams are a waste of energy, stick to just experiencing reality then you can't get let down.
Old Oct 26th 2010, 12:11 pm
BE Enthusiast

Coppock is a glorious beacon of lightCoppock is a glorious beacon of lightCoppock is a glorious beacon of lightCoppock is a glorious beacon of lightCoppock is a glorious beacon of lightCoppock is a glorious beacon of lightCoppock is a glorious beacon of lightCoppock is a glorious beacon of lightCoppock is a glorious beacon of lightCoppock is a glorious beacon of lightCoppock is a glorious beacon of light

"Every problem is an opportunity in disguise"

There's always a solution.

I've been trying to get a visa for the last 8 years but always come short for qualifying and then they change everything!

I wanted to run our existing business in Oz, we can work anywhere in the world so we're unlikely to lose any/many clients... I hadn't realised that the business that sponsors employees to move to Oz to work can actually be overseas businesses - so I'm hoping the company I own will be able to sponsor me to start the Aus branch - I cant see any reason why we won't be able to do it, and we just need to make sure we employ staff there and help the economy which shouldn't be hard with the UK business already going strong...

It's just a case of form filling now and seeing how we get on...
if you have a dream then you have to ask yourself why it's your dream, and if the answer is a good one then go for it and don't give up... there's always a way.