Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Why are you migrating?

Why are you migrating?

Old Jul 26th 2004, 4:26 am
Badge

Originally posted by Ceri
Singapore and a lot of those countries are classed as "developed" . I know Sing is officially .. as they changed it's official status from developing to developed not long after I got there.. coincidence maybe..I don't think so..LOL
lol.

They were talking about Singapore and that Victorian whos gonna swing soon. They said Singapore was unusually high on the list of a country giving the chop etc for crimes to people from developed countries.

Still least it will be quick for him. If I was going to hang for an offence, I 'd try and kick the executioner in the balls HARD/headbutt him off the scaffold HARD , etc go out with a bang etc...your hands will be tied, but you still have use of your feet, just fall back and come back up with your feet, what they're going to do, shoot me?!! ;-) Be just as quick after all.

the bloke in question had a load of heroin strapped to his back. Some people...

Last edited by badgersmount; Jul 26th 2004 at 4:33 am.

Old Jul 26th 2004, 4:38 am
Y Ddraig Goch

Location: Body is in Brissie. Heart and soul has long flown home.
Ceri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to all

Originally posted by badgersmount
lol.

They were talking about Singapore and that Victorian whos gonna swing soon. They said Singapore was unusually high on the list of a country giving the chop etc for crimes to people from developed countries.

Still least it will be quick for him. If I was going to hang for an offence, I 'd try and kick the executioner in the balls HARD/headbutt him off the scaffold HARD , etc go out with a bang etc...what they're going to do, kill me?!! ;-)
Are you talking about the Chinese ( Australian) guy who got caught with drugs?

if it is.. well he deserves it. You must be mad to take drugs into Singapore

When I was there they hung a Brit .. think he was in his 40's or 50's got caught dealing drugs at a hawker centre.

there is no good any country appealing for one of their citizens when it comes to this.. Singapore unlike Thailand ( Thailand - they just jail westerners there.. never hang them, although there is a death penalty.. they have never once hung a westerner to my knowledge, only the local Asians) has a tough drug law. While I was there they hung a few people from various countries.. I have never heard of one that got out of the death sentance

We actually had a local Malay come up to us once at a hawker centre asking of we wanted drugs .. hubby told him to f off right now before he punches him. ( not a good idea either in Sing.. to punch someone)

Luckly the stall owner of the beer stall .. we're friends with ( still are) told him to p*ss off too in so many words and grabbed him by the scruff, marched him over to his little bike . .. don't know if he was really a drug dealer or an undercover police ( they use undercover spies/snoops.. and they do tend to be Malays on little motor bikes.. because nobody seems to notice them - i.e. they don't stand out)

People must be off their rockers if they take in drugs to Sing, or deal/buy drugs there... it is very strict regarding drug laws

Last edited by Ceri; Jul 26th 2004 at 4:45 am.
Old Jul 26th 2004, 5:03 am
Badge

Originally posted by Ceri
People must be off their rockers if they take in drugs to Sing, or deal/buy drugs there... it is very strict regarding drug laws
indeed I wonder they even bother. Must be ignorance of sniffer dogs!

BM