Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Why would they say no ?

Why would they say no ?

Old Feb 9th 2004, 4:07 pm
Go Banana's !!

Default Why would they say no ?

Been mulling this one over, so I thought I'd ask the question.

We passed the points test , skills assessment, have our sponsor, assurer and have proved that we are related to peeps in Perth etc etc etc as part of application (lodged July 03), have dosh to take , speako English and fulfil all the other criteria.
Apart from failing the Medicals (crim. records are clear !) what other reasons could the DIMIA refuse to let us in ?
I don't mean that sarcastically by the way. As I read it back I thought it might sound arragant (expression is so hard to do on here). I just mean do we believe it to be that we are in apart from the Meds ? or is there any other reason they would refuse us entry?

I've managed to control the nervous twitch, the uncontrolable urge to strangle staff and I even have the bunny boiling under control - I'm down to one a month - love rabbit stew with a port juis. I've even stopped firing missiles at workmen on road works drinking coffee and having a fag break before they even start work !!

Jill

Old Feb 9th 2004, 4:09 pm
?????????

paulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of light

Cant be any reason I can think of.
Old Feb 9th 2004, 4:12 pm
Forum Regular

neal is an unknown quantity at this point

No dragons in the closet???Mrs.N (have sent you a pm by the way)
Old Feb 9th 2004, 4:24 pm
Go Banana's !!

Originally posted by neal
No dragons in the closet???Mrs.N (have sent you a pm by the way)
Yes yes you star and sent you one back. Got to go and be a good wifey now, stoke the fire - ooeerr and put the dinner on

Cheers

Jill

Old Feb 9th 2004, 4:25 pm
WBB

Default Re: Why would they say no ?

Originally posted by Go Banana's !!
Been mulling this one over, so I thought I'd ask the question.

We passed the points test , skills assessment, have our sponsor, assurer and have proved that we are related to peeps in Perth etc etc etc as part of application (lodged July 03), have dosh to take , speako English and fulfil all the other criteria.
Apart from failing the Medicals (crim. records are clear !) what other reasons could the DIMIA refuse to let us in ?
I don't mean that sarcastically by the way. As I read it back I thought it might sound arragant (expression is so hard to do on here). I just mean do we believe it to be that we are in apart from the Meds ? or is there any other reason they would refuse us entry?

I've managed to control the nervous twitch, the uncontrolable urge to strangle staff and I even have the bunny boiling under control - I'm down to one a month - love rabbit stew with a port juis. I've even stopped firing missiles at workmen on road works drinking coffee and having a fag break before they even start work !!

Jill
they wouldn't, your in!

Old Feb 9th 2004, 4:27 pm
Go Banana's !!

Default Re: Why would they say no ?

Originally posted by WBB
they wouldn't, your in!

I was counting on you to come up with something far more witty than that, but seriously thankyou

See you are in the top three posters, see if you can beat Pommie Bastard ........go on

Jill

Old Feb 9th 2004, 4:30 pm
Kiwified member

Pollster will become famous soon enoughPollster will become famous soon enough

They'd be daft not to let you in, so I think you'll be OK.
Old Feb 9th 2004, 4:50 pm

tiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond repute

hiya jill
cant see them not letting you in unless you're 'crook' (as in ill!)
Does anyone know if they have a quota they have to fill? do they go over it? I often wonder about this because of the pool mark - I wonder how many visas they dish out to people who only meet the pool mark?? I wonder what sort of hell those applicants go through waiting for the yellow envelope - I vaguely remember something about being on the list for 2 years before getting a decision if you only meet the pool mark!

Sue
Old Feb 9th 2004, 5:21 pm
BE Forum Addict

debsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to all

Jill, sounds like you are having one of those moments - trying to find reasons why you would not get the visa. I remember before we got ours I used to create all kinds of scenarios

You should be ok if you have got all the points and meds etc.

Stop worrying and go and have a bar of fruit and nut
Old Feb 9th 2004, 6:08 pm
I Know What's Going On!

SteveBannister is a jewel in the roughSteveBannister is a jewel in the roughSteveBannister is a jewel in the roughSteveBannister is a jewel in the roughSteveBannister is a jewel in the rough

Originally posted by debsy
Jill, sounds like you are having one of those moments - trying to find reasons why you would not get the visa. I remember before we got ours I used to create all kinds of scenarios

Psssttttt.......Debs......She's a stalker!! She is the ORIGINAL fruit and nut! Pretend you don't know me!
Old Feb 9th 2004, 6:13 pm
Go Banana's !!

Originally posted by SteveBannister
Psssttttt.......Debs......She's a stalker!! She is the ORIGINAL fruit and nut! Pretend you don't know me!
Both Warren and I said "Oh no Bannister has replied - this should be good" - never fail to amuse.
I've told you, I've moved on, don't think just 'cos you are 5 star you can have the ultimate accessory - A Stalker :scared:

Miss your lively debates - can't someone rattle your cage ?

Jill

Old Feb 9th 2004, 6:16 pm
Bitter and twisted

Grayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond repute

Jill
Why are you whittling?
You are nearly there.You are not going to be turned down now are you?
Just get yourself ready for the move and look forward

Good luck and best wishes

G
Old Feb 9th 2004, 6:16 pm
58.38264% - Extreme Geek

anya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to all

Originally posted by debsy

Yeah, sounds just like a British Standard Visa Panic to me. I know 'cos I had about 3 a day before we got ours.

Best way to deal with it: a large gin. Or a large gin & ciggie even better Or both of those & post your fears etc onto this site

Good luck & dont worry - the meds will be fine, & your paperwork is simply lurking somewhere in the system along with 1,000,000,000s of others, and one day, Cinders, YOU, TOO, will go to the ball....

Anya.
Old Feb 9th 2004, 6:17 pm
Go Banana's !!

Originally posted by Grayling
Jill
Why are you whittling?
You are nearly there.You are not going to be turned down now are you?
Just get yourself ready for the move and look forward

Good luck and best wishes

G
Now I feel dafter than normal

Jill

Old Feb 9th 2004, 6:18 pm
58.38264% - Extreme Geek

anya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to all

Actually, how about a variation on the well known expression 'A Senior Moment' - ours is 'A Visa Moment'. As in 'I'm having a Visa Moment'.

Geeezzzz.....

Anya.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.