Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

why so many negative comments on forum about us folks who want to go to Oz

why so many negative comments on forum about us folks who want to go to Oz

Old May 19th 2004, 9:39 pm
maggy

Default why so many negative comments on forum about us folks who want to go to Oz

Hi im maggys partner Mark and I have been following this forum along with Maggy for last few months.First of all i would like to say just how good this site is in general with loads and loads of useful information,good advice and handy hints and a lot of answers to questions that we would never have found the answer to without everyones feedback.But,i also see a lot of negative feedback and answers which can be off putting to people who are already under pressure and are constantly doubting their own decisions to emigrate in the first place.my partner (maggy) and i will be arriving in perth in the first week of june and have no regrets about our decision to relocate at all.if the worst comes to the worst and we dont like oz,cant get jobs or even get home sick etc then at least we can say we went and tried and we got it out of our system.the way we see it is thats its better to try and fail than to never have tried at all.we dont have tons of money to take with us,(approx £9000) but what we are taking with us is far more important,determination,ambition and a positive attitude.we have had loads of brilliant feedback concerning the amount of cash we are taking with us eg.it will be plenty as long as we dont get out there and treat it like a holiday and live on a strict budget untill we have wages coming in.but there is also the other side of the comments saying eg.are we being realistic about the amount of money and how will we survive on that amount.of course our dream is to have a nice big house with ocean views and swimming pools etc,but we know realistically we will be renting some budget accomodation and will be prepared to camp in a house till we are in a position to better ourselves.so if there are people out there in a similar situation to ourselves with a limited budget but with big dreams then you go for it,you only live once and you may never get the chance again to even try.you have got this far and if you made it through the whole emigration process then you are capable and determined enough to achieve your dreams.In short,everyone stick to their guns and go for it,take all the positive feedback with great thanks and take the negative feedback with a pinch of salt.remember a lot of the negative feedback may be coming from people who have already tried and failed,but for all you brilliant people out there who have guided us through this minefield and are full of positive and helpful information.we thank you for all your help and guidance.A book i once read was called FEEL THE FEAR AND DO IT ANYWAY,Under these circumstances with everyone in the process of emigrating,there has never been a more true word said.It is the unknown,fear and adventure of it all that wil keep your spirit alive and make you achieve your dreams.Listen to your heart and follow your own instincts,if you have the guts to go through with this whole daunting process then the world is your oyster,if anyone asks why?Tell them why not? Good luck everyone,see you in oz.mines a guiness lol

Old May 19th 2004, 9:41 pm

bondipom is an unknown quantity at this point

Sorry to be negative but you should learn about paragraphing and commas. My eyes nearly popped out trying to read that.
Old May 19th 2004, 9:44 pm
WBB

Default Re: why so many negative comments on forum about us folks who want to go to Oz

Originally posted by maggy
Hi im maggys partner Mark and I have been following this forum along with Maggy for last few months.First of all i would like to say just how good this site is in general with loads and loads of useful information,good advice and handy hints and a lot of answers to questions that we would never have found the answer to without everyones feedback.But,i also see a lot of negative feedback and answers which can be off putting to people who are already under pressure and are constantly doubting their own decisions to emigrate in the first place.my partner (maggy) and i will be arriving in perth in the first week of june and have no regrets about our decision to relocate at all.if the worst comes to the worst and we dont like oz,cant get jobs or even get home sick etc then at least we can say we went and tried and we got it out of our system.the way we see it is thats its better to try and fail than to never have tried at all.we dont have tons of money to take with us,(approx £9000) but what we are taking with us is far more important,determination,ambition and a positive attitude.we have had loads of brilliant feedback concerning the amount of cash we are taking with us eg.it will be plenty as long as we dont get out there and treat it like a holiday and live on a strict budget untill we have wages coming in.but there is also the other side of the comments saying eg.are we being realistic about the amount of money and how will we survive on that amount.of course our dream is to have a nice big house with ocean views and swimming pools etc,but we know realistically we will be renting some budget accomodation and will be prepared to camp in a house till we are in a position to better ourselves.so if there are people out there in a similar situation to ourselves with a limited budget but with big dreams then you go for it,you only live once and you may never get the chance again to even try.you have got this far and if you made it through the whole emigration process then you are capable and determined enough to achieve your dreams.In short,everyone stick to their guns and go for it,take all the positive feedback with great thanks and take the negative feedback with a pinch of salt.remember a lot of the negative feedback may be coming from people who have already tried and failed,but for all you brilliant people out there who have guided us through this minefield and are full of positive and helpful information.we thank you for all your help and guidance.A book i once read was called FEEL THE FEAR AND DO IT ANYWAY,Under these circumstances with everyone in the process of emigrating,there has never been a more true word said.It is the unknown,fear and adventure of it all that wil keep your spirit alive and make you achieve your dreams.Listen to your heart and follow your own instincts,if you have the guts to go through with this whole daunting process then the world is your oyster,if anyone asks why?Tell them why not? Good luck everyone,see you in oz.mines a guiness lol
this is like one of those weird pictures where you stare at it for a while and notice an elephant in there somewhere.

Old May 19th 2004, 9:44 pm
BE Forum Addict

nosuchluck is on a distinguished road
Default Re: why so many negative comments on forum about us folks who want to go to Oz

Hi Mark & Maggy
I like your sentiments alot
best of luck to you both
regards
Rach x
Old May 19th 2004, 9:46 pm
maggy

Originally posted by bondipom
Sorry to be negative but you should learn about paragraphing and commas. My eyes nearly popped out trying to read that.

sorry about that bondipom just got carried away and could not stop lol

Old May 19th 2004, 9:47 pm

biggy is an unknown quantity at this point

As long as there is plenty of Gin in Oz then Maggy will be at home lol
Old May 19th 2004, 9:47 pm

bondipom is an unknown quantity at this point

sorry about that bondipom just got carried away and could not stop lol
You can edit your own posts and add them in.
Old May 19th 2004, 9:49 pm
Location.. in my office

cadabra is an unknown quantity at this point

Good luck to both of you.

I am proof that you can make it work. Left UK with very little compared to many who do it. Hard work, focus and a positive attitude will get you through.
Old May 19th 2004, 9:52 pm
maggy

Originally posted by biggy
As long as there is plenty of Gin in Oz then Maggy will be at home lol

lots of gin in oz biggy so im a very happy woman just looking for guinness for mark. Mark got carried away but just had to speak his mind as he always tries to look for positive in people and gets frustrated with negativity.Hope you manage to sell house soon and prepare for your new life in Oz.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Old May 19th 2004, 9:52 pm
Carramar Perth

Springo is on a distinguished road

Nice post Mark

Good luck to you all

Springo
Old May 19th 2004, 9:56 pm
maggy

Originally posted by Springo
Nice post Mark

Good luck to you all

Springo
Thanks just want all those people who are in early stages to know that you have to stick in there and you are not alone. Good luck to everyone who is starting out.

mark

Old May 19th 2004, 9:59 pm
Central Coasties, NSW!

GillettFamily is an unknown quantity at this point

:scared: :lecture: Ouch!
I hope you feel much better after that.
" Things... can only get better!! "
Can't wait to get there!!!
Old May 19th 2004, 10:05 pm

biggy is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks just want all those people who are in early stages to know that you have to stick in there and you are not alone. Good luck to everyone who is starting out.

mark
are you two sharing the puter tonight......awe bless...hehe

had a viewing on the house yesterday maggy so fingers crossed

Heather
xxx
Old May 19th 2004, 10:26 pm
maggy

Originally posted by biggy
are you two sharing the puter tonight......awe bless...hehe

had a viewing on the house yesterday maggy so fingers crossed

Heather
xxx
doing the loved up thing tonight Biggy awwwwwwwww Mark never usually comments on this forum but felt he had to say his piece as he is hell bent on making a life for us in Oz and my god he has determination. I really hope you sell house soon have you told kids yet that house sale fell through . Keep your chin up as im sure you will sell soon. Im so excited about our move and am on Gin once agian tonight SURPRISE SURPRISE.

Old May 19th 2004, 10:28 pm
BE Enthusiast

Sandy.l is on a distinguished road

lots of gin in oz biggy so im a very happy woman just looking for guinness for mark. Mark got carried away but just had to speak his mind as he always tries to look for positive in people and gets frustrated with negativity.Hope you manage to sell house soon and prepare for your new life in Oz.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
There's plenty of Irish themed bars in the cities!!

sandy

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.