Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Why so long ? Can you help

Why so long ? Can you help

Old Feb 8th 2003, 10:52 am
BE Forum Addict

Carrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to behold
Question Why so long ? Can you help

Hi,

On discussing my application with freinds etc, I keep getting a common question, that I am unable to answer.

" Why does it take so long to Process"

I usually say it's like the Fire Brigade, they take their time to ensure that you want to actually go there.

Or there are so many of them it takes a while.

They then just laugh and say, "I cannot believe that your application just sits in a draw for nine months"

Does anyone know the real answer ? as to why it would be interesting to see how they are set up or too appreacite their job.

I am not really in a rush to get there by wishing my life away I live for every day but it does seem a tad long in timescale.

Anyone know ?

Regards

Carrianne
Old Feb 8th 2003, 12:04 pm
BE Enthusiast

Ginny is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi there,

It probably takes that long because there's one or two applications from elsewhere other than the UK to process. Either that or they just want to see you suffer by making you wait!

Hope it's not too long for you.

Regards Ginny
Old Feb 8th 2003, 12:26 pm
No wuckin furries mate

brox is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Why so long ? Can you help

Originally posted by Carrianne
Hi,

On discussing my application with freinds etc, I keep getting a common question, that I am unable to answer.

I usually say it's like the Fire Brigade, they take their time to ensure that you want to actually go there.

They then just laugh and say, "I cannot believe that your application just sits in a draw for nine months"

Does anyone know the real answer ? as to why it would be interesting to see how they are set up or too appreacite their job.

I am not really in a rush to get there by wishing my life away I live for every day but it does seem a tad long in timescale.

Anyone know ?

Regards

Carrianne
We read the other day that Adelaide at the moment are processing 37000 applications at the present moment so that might be your answer. Also how many case officers do they have? No one seems to know.
Brox
Old Feb 8th 2003, 12:27 pm
BE Forum Addict

mashiraz is an unknown quantity at this point

You'll probably get answers like it helps immigration plan the numbers if they have a long visible pipeline of applications.

I think anything over a year though is taking the micky, getting on for 2 years is down right inefficiency.

Cheers
Mash...

Originally posted by Carrianne
Hi,

Anyone know ?

Regards

Carrianne
Old Feb 8th 2003, 1:01 pm

cresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by mashiraz
You'll probably get answers like it helps immigration plan the numbers if they have a long visible pipeline of applications.

I think anything over a year though is taking the micky, getting on for 2 years is down right inefficiency.

Cheers
Mash...
Hey Mash,
Good job most of us use a pseudonym as the amount of slagging these poor folk in Adelaide get If any of them read this forum I'm sure some of us would go to the bottom of the pile. The time you've waited you could almost ask if there was a number for "professional potential immigrant" on the S.O.L but then you would be at the bottom for sure!
Old Feb 8th 2003, 1:01 pm
BE Forum Addict

Carrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to behold

I know thanks, I just think a person kept informed is a happy person.

For example

They process 67k per year and there are XXX case workers,

xxx caseworkers work with skilled independant for Asia
xxx work with Spouse for europe

On application the process is as follows :-

Guidelines and stuff would stop most people panciking and wondering and having to phone them.

Carrianne
Old Feb 9th 2003, 4:03 am
BE Enthusiast

jockney is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by Ginny
Hi there,

It probably takes that long because there's one or two applications from elsewhere other than the UK to process. Either that or they just want to see you suffer by making you wait!

Hope it's not too long for you.

Regards Ginny
After 20 months waiting not counting the skills etc I am going with the "suffer by making you wait "idea.My agent went to a meeting at ahc when our app was still in london and complained about the developing crises on london timescales.The guy from canberra just shrugged his shoulders and said if their serious about living in oz they wont mind.What a wanker!!With attitude like that no wonder people find themselves waiting increasingly long times.I guess they know they have something that lots of people want and dont have to compete to much to sell it. jockney