Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

why is it so cold in perth at the moment??

why is it so cold in perth at the moment??

Old Feb 7th 2005, 12:31 pm
Just Joined

expressos is on a distinguished road
Default why is it so cold in perth at the moment??

:scared:
can someone tell me if this is the kind of weather perth usually gets at this time of year???

i am freezing tonight!!

nearly put my heating on!!

does anyone else feel like this,?
or am i seriously coming down with some horrid virus??
Old Feb 7th 2005, 12:33 pm
Keeping it fairly real

walla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: why is it so cold in perth at the moment??

Originally Posted by expressos
can someone tell me if this is the kind of weather perth usually gets at this time of year???

i am freezing tonight!!

aye, it's chilly alright, I put it down to getting used to the heat, if you were in the uk you'd be sunbathing in it
Old Feb 7th 2005, 12:34 pm
Dutch expat/Aus citizen

Simone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond repute

i am freezing tonight!!

Well, it's not cold(I'm still sitting here with nearly nothing on!(too much information, sorry )), but it is cold for this time of year!
It's just one day though, will be back to 30 on Wednesday I think.
I know 30 is the average for January, and that it's higher for Febuary(more really hot days like the 38 and 40 we had last week), but not sure what it is exactly...
Old Feb 7th 2005, 12:37 pm
Keeping it fairly real

walla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Simone
Well, it's not cold(I'm still sitting here with nearly nothing on!(too much information, sorry )), but it is cold for this time of year!
It's just one day though, will be back to 30 on Wednesday I think.
I know 30 is the average for January, and that it's higher for Febuary(more really hot days like the 38 and 40 we had last week), but not sure what it is exactly...
put something on woman or you'll get cold
Old Feb 7th 2005, 12:38 pm
Just Joined

expressos is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by walla1
aye, it's chilly alright, I put it down to getting used to the heat, if you were in the uk you'd be sunbathing in it

yeah that is what i am told

roll on the 42 degrees days

god what r the winter months going to feel like??

didnt bring my artic clothing with me

Old Feb 7th 2005, 12:44 pm
Moved out bush!

jensteve has much to be proud ofjensteve has much to be proud ofjensteve has much to be proud ofjensteve has much to be proud ofjensteve has much to be proud ofjensteve has much to be proud ofjensteve has much to be proud ofjensteve has much to be proud ofjensteve has much to be proud ofjensteve has much to be proud ofjensteve has much to be proud of

Agree freezing, wooly jumper day today.

Jenny
Old Feb 7th 2005, 12:45 pm
Dutch expat/Aus citizen

Simone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond repute

yeah that is what i am told

roll on the 42 degrees days

god what r the winter months going to feel like??

didnt bring my artic clothing with me

42! :scared: No thanks. I like 25-30.

Yep, winter is going to be freezing for you.. no heating, chilly wind... Gets dark at 6.

Big difference I've always noticed between Oz and Holland(Europe), here, if the sun shines it's warm. Soon as it sets it starts cooling down. Even now in summer the nights aren't really warm(unless it's been 40 and there's no breeze).
In Holland it could be really sunny and still be freezing.
As a kid I always found it very funny, and seeing that wasn't so long ago...
Old Feb 7th 2005, 3:26 pm
Tupperware's #1 fan

JayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Simone
42! :scared: No thanks. I like 25-30.

Yep, winter is going to be freezing for you.. no heating, chilly wind... Gets dark at 6.

Big difference I've always noticed between Oz and Holland(Europe), here, if the sun shines it's warm. Soon as it sets it starts cooling down. Even now in summer the nights aren't really warm(unless it's been 40 and there's no breeze).
In Holland it could be really sunny and still be freezing.
As a kid I always found it very funny, and seeing that wasn't so long ago...

Yeah I'm with you Simone, I hate the 45+ days it feels like someone has stolen all the air.

AGHHHHH them horible hot mornings with the easterly wind is coming in straight off the desert which basically feels like you are standing infront of a hairdryer.

Saying that it is a bit too chilly this evening, OOOOHHH I am a whinging pom after all.

Kala
Old Feb 7th 2005, 9:01 pm
Keeping it fairly real

Originally Posted by JayDeee
Yeah I'm with you Simone, I hate the 45+ days it feels like someone has stolen all the air.

AGHHHHH them horible hot mornings with the easterly wind is coming in straight off the desert which basically feels like you are standing infront of a hairdryer.

Saying that it is a bit too chilly this evening, OOOOHHH I am a whinging pom after all.

Kala
here too 40+ I find oppressive..
Old Feb 7th 2005, 9:17 pm
BE Enthusiast

DianneH68 has much to be proud ofDianneH68 has much to be proud ofDianneH68 has much to be proud ofDianneH68 has much to be proud ofDianneH68 has much to be proud ofDianneH68 has much to be proud ofDianneH68 has much to be proud ofDianneH68 has much to be proud ofDianneH68 has much to be proud ofDianneH68 has much to be proud ofDianneH68 has much to be proud of

I'll be in Perth in July for the start of my Aus holiday and was wondering what the weather will be like then?
Annoyingly I'll be leaving a relatively warm UK summer so hope it won't be too cold?
Old Feb 7th 2005, 9:31 pm

possoms is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by DianneH68
I'll be in Perth in July for the start of my Aus holiday and was wondering what the weather will be like then?
Annoyingly I'll be leaving a relatively warm UK summer so hope it won't be too cold?
LOL i did exactly the same thing the other year, i left when the BIG heat wave was on in the UK. got to Perth and it was bloody freezing, i spent most of my spends on jumpers and socks take my advice pack some woolies.
Old Feb 7th 2005, 9:37 pm
Happy Daddy

markeh has a brilliant futuremarkeh has a brilliant futuremarkeh has a brilliant futuremarkeh has a brilliant futuremarkeh has a brilliant futuremarkeh has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by possoms
LOL i did exactly the same thing the other year, i left when the BIG heat wave was on in the UK. got to Perth and it was bloody freezing, i spent most of my spends on jumpers and socks take my advice pack some woolies.
Possoms,
I went out in late July and it was nice in Brisbane, Cooli in Sydney and I didn't bother going any further south!!!!

Move north!

Bye
Mark
Old Feb 7th 2005, 9:38 pm
Keeping it fairly real

Originally Posted by DianneH68
cold at night, well bout 6 degrees 16 -18 through the day maybe but not nearly as cold as the british winter
Old Feb 7th 2005, 9:45 pm

Originally Posted by walla1
cold at night, well bout 6 degrees 16 -18 through the day maybe but not nearly as cold as the british winter
the weather certainly was no where near as cold as our winter but the house was geared for summer, no central heating or log burner and of course open planned with tiled floor in main area so felt cold we all sat around the tv wrapped in doonas, watching the sunday night film that seemed to start at 6pm and finish at 2am
Old Feb 7th 2005, 9:46 pm

Originally Posted by markeh
Possoms,
I went out in late July and it was nice in Brisbane, Cooli in Sydney and I didn't bother going any further south!!!!

Move north!

Bye
Mark
Hey i'm still in the UK but moving to Tas will need me hat and scarf there

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.