Why Perth?

Old Mar 12th 2003, 9:31 am
Not here

Florida_03 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Why Perth?

Righto...expats and potentials expats...why on Earth would you want to move to Perth?

I think you all need to turn your maps upside down...WA has nothing...never have met an Aussie who wanted to move to Perth. Fryed in summer, frozen and drenched in Winter...economy based on growing things or digging it out of the ground. The most boring coast in the Southern hemisphere.

If you British are trying to take over the Western part of Australia...you're welcome to it.

While your at it please take SA with you, never did like them smug gits...descended from free settlers indeed...you can have em.

Oh you can have Tassie as well...too bloody wet and cold...bit like...ah forget it...just take it too.

...and New Zealand...never did like them South Sea poms...

That's about it thanks...oh sorry forgot to tell you...you have to take all those whining Royalists as part of the deal...vote to keep the Queen as Head of State indeed...we'll teach them...make em live in Perth for the rest of their miserable lives.

Although that may be seen as a particularly cruel and unusual punishment...hey PB...
Old Mar 12th 2003, 9:35 am
Forum Regular

sashimi is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Why Perth?

Righto...expats and potentials expats...why on Earth would you want to move to Perth?

I think you all need to turn your maps upside down...WA has nothing...never have met an Aussie who wanted to move to Perth. Fryed in summer, frozen and drenched in Winter...economy based on growing things or digging it out of the ground. The most boring coast in the Southern hemisphere.

If you British are trying to take over the Western part of Australia...you're welcome to it.

While your at it please take SA with you, never did like them smug gits...descended from free settlers indeed...you can have em.

Oh you can have Tassie as well...too bloody wet and cold...bit like...ah forget it...just take it too.

That's about it thanks...oh sorry forgot to tell you...you have to take all those whining Royalists as part of the deal...vote to keep the Queen as Head of State indeed...we'll teach them...make em live in Perth for the rest of their miserable lives.

Although that may be seen as a particularly cruel and unusual punishment...hey PB...
Another one to add to the ignore list
Old Mar 12th 2003, 9:39 am
Not here

Originally posted by sashimi
Another one to add to the ignore list
Ah spoken like someone who's never lived there...
Old Mar 12th 2003, 12:19 pm
Forum Regular

Shikse is an unknown quantity at this point

Hey Florida_3, what's up with you today??

You usually give out constructive information - usually about Brisbane. Has a girl from Perth given you the elbow? Or is the the beginning of a wind up?
Old Mar 12th 2003, 12:30 pm
Forum Regular

bussie is on a distinguished road

so you have never been to Ningaloo Reef, monkey mia, margret river etc
it wasnt boring when i went
Old Mar 12th 2003, 12:30 pm
Forum Regular

Perth Helena is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by Florida_03
Ah spoken like someone who's never lived there...
Well, I live there (Perth), and haven't experienced the "frozen" aspect yet. And I doubt I ever will.

You want frozen - try Montreal at Christmas. Go for a walk. Be amazed at the sensation of the tears from your eyes freezing to your cheeks. Be astounded at how quickly you can't feel your toes. Be stupified at how painful the mundane task of breathing can become when it's 38 below zero. Be amazed at the colourful language eminating from your lips when you fall on your butt & head as you hit the black ice on the footpath. And the colour of said butt, the next day. Now, THAT'S frozen.

Sorry, never experienced that here in Perth. And I doubt I ever will. Thank God. Oh, we got down to 1.8 degrees one night last winter. It's funny how they announce temperatures with decimal places here. Not plain old 2 degrees, but ... one point eight!!! Brrrrrr! That's the temperature when my Montreal in-laws have a barbeque.

And drenched? Well, we get probably 95% of the annual rainfall during 3 months. Winter. When it should happen. Comes down in buckets sometimes. Rips the gutters off your roof if you've been too lazy to clean them out. Dumps big-time, gets it over with, then leaves. Brilliantly sunny half the time. Much better than the constant grey and drizzle that plagues many places during winter. Experienced that for far too many years. No thanks.

[i]The most boring coast in the Southern hemisphere.
Curious ... why do you consider the coast here boring? Sharing a two-kilometre wide beach with ... oh, 48 people, would be considered a treasure by many. And having beaches just for your dog, now that's nice too. Okay so we don't have massive concrete hotels all over the place, but if you want that, move to the Gold Coast, Miami, or Waikiki. Different strokes for different folks. Perth suits some, not others. Just because it doesn't suit you, doesn't mean it's "boring". It's just not your thing, that's all. Some other place is. Nice that many of us have that choice though isn't it?
Old Mar 12th 2003, 1:04 pm
Not here

Ah.. c'mon guys just casting for a bite...
Old Mar 12th 2003, 1:13 pm
Not here

Fishing is slow tonight...only one bite...

Guess I'll have to wait till the PB_tooth_fish move in on the morning tide...
Old Mar 12th 2003, 1:22 pm
Forum Regular

jambo_g is an unknown quantity at this point

controversial stuff

Graham
Old Mar 12th 2003, 1:48 pm
Not here

Originally posted by jambo_g
controversial stuff

Graham
Only if they think Perth is worth habitating...

Ningaloo Reef, Monkey Mia, Margaret River...lovely spots...sorry but nowhere near Perth. Actually all totally uninhabitably...

You must realise that Perth is so far from the Australian mainstream as to not exist.

I cannot believe that so many British immigrants want to move to such a desolate spot on the Australian continent.

Didn't you guys invent RADAR...?
Old Mar 12th 2003, 2:06 pm
BE Enthusiast

young_lad is an unknown quantity at this point

Fishing is slow tonight...only one bite...

Guess I'll have to wait till the PB_tooth_fish move in on the morning tide...
You're not gonna catch any big fish with a post like that. If you're after the big fish, you've got to at least cut-and-paste random (and out-of-context) newspaper comment to backup barking mad statements - then you'll be well on your way.

The mistake you've made here is to post non-offensive comments that should simply prove to provoke lots of reponses telling you why Perth is so good.

So, to the folks who been there, please add to Perth Helena's post and tell Florida_03 why it is so good...?
Old Mar 12th 2003, 2:19 pm
Forum Regular

Shikse is an unknown quantity at this point

Glad you are back Perth Helena - was wondering what you were up to. We're off to Perth in May and are always interested in your excellent posts!!
Old Mar 12th 2003, 8:20 pm
Not here

Originally posted by young_lad
You're not gonna catch any big fish with a post like that. If you're after the big fish, you've got to at least cut-and-paste random (and out-of-context) newspaper comment to backup barking mad statements - then you'll be well on your way.

The mistake you've made here is to post non-offensive comments that should simply prove to provoke lots of reponses telling you why Perth is so good.

So, to the folks who been there, please add to Perth Helena's post and tell Florida_03 why it is so good...?

Ah...wrong bait...I see...
Old Mar 13th 2003, 3:40 am
Banned

pommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond repute

Nice to bring me into your suming up of Perth , you left out that the Asians are filling up the places that Poms are not given in Perth.
The citys like little China and nearly all the big houses are owned by Muslims from Singapore, Indonesia and Malaysia , also the east europeans and dings who own a lot of small business .
The Poms infest the northern Suburbs and around Rockingham they group together for comfort.

Last edited by pommie bastard; Mar 13th 2003 at 6:44 am.
Old Mar 13th 2003, 5:49 am
Banned

pommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by Perth Helena
Well, I live there (Perth), and haven't experienced the "frozen" aspect yet. And I doubt I ever will.

You want frozen - try Montreal at Christmas. Go for a walk. Be amazed at the sensation of the tears from your eyes freezing to your cheeks. Be astounded at how quickly you can't feel your toes. Be stupified at how painful the mundane task of breathing can become when it's 38 below zero. Be amazed at the colourful language eminating from your lips when you fall on your butt & head as you hit the black ice on the footpath. And the colour of said butt, the next day. Now, THAT'S frozen.

Sorry, never experienced that here in Perth. And I doubt I ever will. Thank God. Oh, we got down to 1.8 degrees one night last winter. It's funny how they announce temperatures with decimal places here. Not plain old 2 degrees, but ... one point eight!!! Brrrrrr! That's the temperature when my Montreal in-laws have a barbeque.

And drenched? Well, we get probably 95% of the annual rainfall during 3 months. Winter. When it should happen. Comes down in buckets sometimes. Rips the gutters off your roof if you've been too lazy to clean them out. Dumps big-time, gets it over with, then leaves. Brilliantly sunny half the time. Much better than the constant grey and drizzle that plagues many places during winter. Experienced that for far too many years. No thanks.

Curious ... why do you consider the coast here boring? Sharing a two-kilometre wide beach with ... oh, 48 people, would be considered a treasure by many. And having beaches just for your dog, now that's nice too. Okay so we don't have massive concrete hotels all over the place, but if you want that, move to the Gold Coast, Miami, or Waikiki. Different strokes for different folks. Perth suits some, not others. Just because it doesn't suit you, doesn't mean it's "boring". It's just not your thing, that's all. Some other place is. Nice that many of us have that choice though isn't it?

Take it you had Heating in Canada not the done thing in Perth its to exspenive to put in people prefer cold damp homes in winter here , some of the nice sheds sorry work units are worse .
There is next to no one on the beaches here , has it ever gone though your mind why?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.