Why Perth?

Old Aug 23rd 2002, 9:17 pm
BE Enthusiast

Ginny is an unknown quantity at this point
Question Why Perth?

Hello all you Perth bound people.

I've noticed that a few people on this forum seem to be Perth bound. We are thinking of Brisbane but were wondering what was attracting people to Perth.

Any comments?

Regards

Ginny
Old Aug 23rd 2002, 11:07 pm
BE Enthusiast

micky will become famous soon enoughmicky will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Why Perth?

Hi Ginny,
Michael went to visit his cuz last Aug. Took the camcorder. Looks absolutely bloody beautiful & the houses....
I have a cuz in Sydney but too dear.
We've opted for Perth cos he's been. It could have been anywhere in Oz. Thats the only reason we're going there in particular.
Shona xxx
Old Aug 23rd 2002, 11:08 pm
BE Enthusiast

also cos baldus buttus is going and i'm dying to see what he looks like!!
Old Aug 23rd 2002, 11:09 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally posted by micky:
p.s. love Shona, not Micky
Old Aug 23rd 2002, 11:59 pm
Gday

Safety in Numbers and plenty of British accents? (It was the first stop for the
european migrant ships in the 50's and 60's, they all got off to stretch their legs
and did not want to get back on?).

They like deserts and love very long trips to anywhere else?

And if you like the "Wild Life", Bris is the place to be!!

Cheers GDay

"Ginny" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
    > Hello all you Perth bound people.
    > I've noticed that a few people on this forum seem to be Perth bound. We are
    > thinking of Brisbane but were wondering what was attracting people to Perth.
    > Any comments?
    > Regards
    > Ginny
    > --
    > Posted via http://britishexpats.com

Old Aug 25th 2002, 10:14 am
Just Joined

Linda Knight is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by Ginny:

I've noticed that a few people on this forum seem to be Perth bound. We are thinking of Brisbane but were wondering what was attracting people to Perth.

Any comments?

Regards

Ginny
G'day Ginny. My name is Linda, I live in Mandurah, WA.....I too have noticed an influx of Brits heading to our shores and I for one believe they couldn't pick a better place to start a new episode to their lives. Maybe so many are coming here because property is more affordable and the weather here is just wonderful. I am a property consultant and have recently found new homes for several "newbies" - they are a bit shell shocked at what they get for their hard earned exchanged dollars!
Wherever you live, it is never too far from the beach schools shops etc. We enjoy a wonderful lifestyle, pretty casual and the emphasis is on "fun" and quality of life. Lots of sporting activities if you're in to that and the cost of living is very low by comparison to other States.
Hope I have given you food for thought and if I can help you in any way or answer any queries I would be most happy to reply.......just drop me a line sometime - Kind regards - Linda
Old Aug 25th 2002, 12:42 pm
huge,throbbing member

baldbutts is just really nicebaldbutts is just really nicebaldbutts is just really nicebaldbutts is just really nicebaldbutts is just really nicebaldbutts is just really nicebaldbutts is just really nicebaldbutts is just really nicebaldbutts is just really nicebaldbutts is just really nicebaldbutts is just really nice

Originally posted by micky:
Uh oh.be ready for a big dissapointment (unless anyone has some mr motivator butt cheek workouts)
mrs b is worried of me getting a cult following (at least i think thats what she said)
BTW Micky -are u calling me ugly
:
Old Aug 25th 2002, 3:56 pm
BE Enthusiast

sophia is just really nicesophia is just really nicesophia is just really nicesophia is just really nicesophia is just really nicesophia is just really nicesophia is just really nicesophia is just really nicesophia is just really nice

Hi there

We're off to perth partly because we have family there, but mostly because we think the climate would suit us much better than the humidity of Queensland...plus there is more scary wildlife there EEEWWW

Baldbutts, how can you think Shona thinks you're ugly; what with such attention to detail on your shaven butt....how can you be ugly

love sophia xx
Old Aug 26th 2002, 12:57 am
Misterbean

Perth.. All the maps make Australia nice and "level" It's really a bit twisted
clockwise. Perths latitude is well north of Sydney - almost as north as Brisbane.
Perth can get as hot as hell in Summer - Ditto Adelaide - even for us 'skips' Perth's
a great place - but a long way out of 'town' ( the East Coast) It's modern, clean and
well serviced - Independent - and in the future may have problems with fresh water
supplies. Not at all 'British' Wages are pretty good but don't know how they compare
to the East Coast.

Suspect about the same as Melbourne. Lots of things for Perth come from the East and
the Living Costs reflect this. Adelaide is more 'British' smaller and the wages are
much lower than Melb or Sydney - even Brisbane - but so are the living costs!
Adelaides culture 'menu' is always impressive. There's plenty of water but it's a bit
'sulphorous'. You can barely smell it and taste it. Was lots worse in the past. Fares
from Perth to the East Coast are "ursurious" Perth people find it cheaper to holiday
in Asia than the East Coast (poor buggers!) If your house hunting you'll probably
find yourself in the newer areas. So a 'current model' Directory would be more
helpful at this time than any other! In each Capital City there is a "preferred"
Directory - in Melbourne it's the Melways. The others are all cheaper - damn it. All
Police, Advertising and even people will tell you it's page xx reference A14 in the
Melways. In Sydney it was the UBD Directory, Brisbane and Adelaide also.

Old Aug 26th 2002, 2:21 am
Banned

pommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by Ginny:

Any comments?

Regards

Ginny
Because Perth is 70% British or British decent , and most here dont have to have anything to do with the Aussies .
Never mind seems to be lots more Asians coming here last few years brighten the place up a bit.

Last edited by pommie bastard; Aug 26th 2002 at 4:10 am.
Old Aug 26th 2002, 11:50 am
Chris

"pommie bastard" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...

> Because Perth is 70% British or British decent , and most here dont have to have
    > anything to do with the Aussies .

I think you'll find most of Perth is inhabited by mostly Aussies.

Chris

Old Aug 26th 2002, 11:45 pm
Banned

pommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by Chris:

> Because Perth is 70% British or British decent , and most here dont have to have
    > anything to do with the Aussies .

I think you'll find most of Perth is inhabited by mostly Aussies.

Chris
Well been here 9years and still looking for one , their is the Abos do you mean them?
Old Aug 27th 2002, 2:02 am
Forum Regular

dpr21 is an unknown quantity at this point

Well for us - Sydney and Melbourne were too big (like London with its traffic jams and concommitant big city problems). Brisbane (can get too hot and humid - have to agree with Pommie and others here) That left Adelaide and Perth (counted out smaller places as both wife and self are professionals and required at least a modicum of 1st world economy in order to ply our respective trades). Adelaide's economy seems to be slowing down. Economic indicators including Aus government/The Economist Magazine and others rate WA as having best or close to best long term growth prospects.

Cost of living appeared more affordable (and certainly so far on one salary seems to be - there is work have just been fussy and starting 2nd fulltime job soon) . OVERALL quality of life is better here than we had in the SE of the UK or South Africa (for different reasons) Weather here is about right and just the same as Cape Town where I lived for about 15 years i.e. Mediterranean climate. Close to beaches schools shops, movies, restaurants from almost anywhere yet big enough to be a city. Great attitude of locals to having fun and quality of life as opposed to keeping up with the Jones's and accumulating stacks of material posessions for the sake of it.

DPR

PS We are outdoor people and love sport/outdoor activities. Additionally, I'm a cultural Philistine so I don't miss things like the West End/Brit Musuem etc - may be a potential problem for the more artistic/musical/culturally inclined types
Old Aug 27th 2002, 2:17 am
Banned

Great attitude of locals to having fun and quality of life as opposed to keeping up with the Jones's and accumulating stacks of material posessions for the sake of it.

DPR

PS We are outdoor people and love sport/outdoor activities. Additionally, I'm a cultural Philistine so I don't miss things like the West End/Brit Musuem etc - may be a potential problem for the more artistic/musical/culturally inclined types [/QUOTE]

God where is this Australia that material things do not count ,as for having fun more fun to be had on a wet weekend in Hull .(sorry Hull)
Yes lots of out door sports here but most people never move out of their back yard , and best place for people who hate culture is here .For that you need a some kind of society and community , at lest your post made me smile thanks.
Old Aug 27th 2002, 12:59 pm
Chris

> Originally posted by Chris:
    > > "pommie bastard" wrote in message
    > > news:396233.10303-
    > > [email protected]:396233.1030328502@brit ishexpats.com...
    > >
    > > > Because Perth is 70% British or British decent , and most here dont have to
    > > > have anything to do with the Aussies .
    > >
    > > I think you'll find most of Perth is inhabited by mostly Aussies.
    > >
    > > Chris
    > >
    > Well been here 9years and still looking for one , their is the Abos do you mean
    > them?

Shit, I guess that makes you an Aussie too. Who helped you fill out the visa
application form? I'm pretty sure you have to fill it out in English.

BTW, call DIMA and let them know 70% of Perth is made up of tourists and
non-citizens.

Chris

> --
    > Posted via http://britishexpats.com

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.