Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Why people move to NZ & OZ

Why people move to NZ & OZ

Old Jan 29th 2004, 7:57 pm
Life's a beach

St George Six is just really niceSt George Six is just really niceSt George Six is just really niceSt George Six is just really niceSt George Six is just really niceSt George Six is just really niceSt George Six is just really niceSt George Six is just really nice
Cool Why people move to NZ & OZ

Hi everyone,

I have been reading with interest recent posts, on people being homesick and others that leave and don't miss friends and family much and those that think England is a bad place and that we all want to leave!!!!!
Maybe we are in the minority, but I love England it is my home and a great country and yes we miss all our friends and family very much, that does not mean that we are insecure. Why do we live in NZ at the moment, because it is something we always wanted to do, so we did it and do we regret it no. However it does not mean we would stay forever or at sometime return to England. Not everyone emigrates because they hate home, and maybe that is not the best reason to do so. I know many Kiwi's and Australians who live in England and love it. I would say that half of NZ is away travelling at anyone time.
I say if you have a dream go for it and live your life to the full, I love NZ, but I also love England and I am proud of where I came from and would have no regrets returning one day. As for those that come without visiting and those that do, I would say that until you live somewhere in the community you cannot tell if you will like it or not. I have met many people on my travels that have lived in OZ or NZ for 30/40 years and many still miss home and some would have gone back if they had the money.
I agree that the main thing is that you are content with your life and that you have no regrets, Oz and Nz are great countries and so is England ( we did win the world cup) so be happy where ever you live.

Cheers Kev
Old Jan 29th 2004, 8:28 pm
Don
Banned

Don is an unknown quantity at this point

Good post.
Old Jan 30th 2004, 2:25 am
Life's a beach

St George Six is just really niceSt George Six is just really niceSt George Six is just really niceSt George Six is just really niceSt George Six is just really niceSt George Six is just really niceSt George Six is just really niceSt George Six is just really nice

Originally posted by pleasancefamily
Good post.
Cheers Don,

Hope your move back to Europe goes well, are you going to sell the house or rent it. We just had ours valued in case we go back. Amazing paid $280, 000 for it in Oct now worth $350,000 plus, and that coupled with the strong dollar, things are good if you are already out here but not so good if you have not made it yet. Anything by the beach in NZ seems to be going through the roof, although I don't know how long that will last.

All the best Kev.
Old Jan 30th 2004, 5:04 am
Don
Banned

Don is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by St George Six
Cheers Don,

Hope your move back to Europe goes well, are you going to sell the house or rent it. We just had ours valued in case we go back. Amazing paid $280, 000 for it in Oct now worth $350,000 plus, and that coupled with the strong dollar, things are good if you are already out here but not so good if you have not made it yet. Anything by the beach in NZ seems to be going through the roof, although I don't know how long that will last.

All the best Kev.
Here's hoping that Dunedin is the slowest place in NZ for the prices to take off! Bought ours in November so not too much time to make a fast buck! Bit worried about the Reserve Bank interest rise yesterday. Might cool down the market. But spoke to an estate agent this week and he said it's hot as hell already after the Xmas lull. Lots of 'Sold' signs in our local property rag.

Renting it out in the meantime before we come back.
Old Jan 30th 2004, 6:18 am
Life's a beach

Old Jan 30th 2004, 6:38 am
(It's not my real name)

renth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by St George Six

getting close